New website for console-specific builds and mechanics!

Hello everyone,

I’m delighted to share with you soulstone.gg – a new website for console-specific builds and mechanical differences of the D3 console version. The website is still a work in progress but you can already find there valuable information. I invite you to visit it and join the Soulstone community! discord.gg/soulstone

6 Likes

Very interested to see where this goes. Only 1 build on the site so far but the breakdown is great.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: We plan to add there also LoD poison scythe necro and WW zBarb. If anyone knows of other console specific builds, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

The “secrets” section will cover all the known differences, i.e. Nephalem Glory. Same here – please let us know if there are additional differences you are aware of. There is additional content that is still on our discord only but it will move to the website in the upcoming days. We hope this will be the place to gather all known console-specific details!

1 Like

The one major thing I’d probably add (as I’m mainly a season starter only), is massacre bonus differences.

Not only is the number different, but the mechanics work differently too.

Massacre Bonus Info:

Type Multiplier Console PC
Massacre 1.5 10 15
Vengeful 1.75 20 30
Dominant 2.0 30 40
Crushing 2.25 40 50
Brutal 2.5 50 75
Savage 2.75 75 100
Ruthless 3.0 100 150
Vicious 3.25 150 200
Bloodthirsty 3.5 200 300
Diabolical 4.0 300 400
Type Console Gold/XP Multiplier % PC Gold/XP Multiplier %
Normal 0/0 0/0
Hard 75/75 75/75
Expert 150/150 100/100
Master 225/225 200/200
Torment 1 300/300 300/300
Torment 2 400/400 400/400
Torment 3 600/600 550/550
Torment 4 800/800 800/800
Torment 5 1200/1200 1150/1150
Torment 6 1600/1600 1600/1600
Torment 7 1700/1900 1850/1900
Torment 8 1800/2300 2150/2425
Torment 9 2500/3100 2500/3100
Torment 10 2900/4000 2900/4000
Torment 11 3350/5000 3350/5000
Torment 12 3900/6400 3900/6400
Torment 13 4500/8200 4500/8200
Torment 14 5200/10500 5200/10500
Torment 15 6050/13400 6050/13400
Torment 16 7000/17000 7000/17000

In terms of mechanics, on the PC, the bonus XP you get is:

Base Monster XP * Difficulty Level

On the Console, you only get the Base Monster XP.

Demonstration:

All in all, when leveling, up to 80% of your XP will be based on massacre bonuses, whereas on the console, at best, only 20% will.

Other things:

Halls of Agony Traps Leveling works differently on the console. On the PC, they tend to scale in damage, so you can bring a Level 1 enemy and a Level 15 enemy, and they’ll still 1-3 shot them. On the console, they’re stuck to whatever level they first strike on. So, if you’re trying to do Trap Leveling, you’ll notice that if you gain a few levels, all of the sudden the traps become useless.

On the other hand, the fire pits seem to be the reverse of this. They barely do any damage on the PC, but they’ll kill anything, including elites, no matter how many levels you gained, and the monster level.

In conclusion, for leveling at the start of the season, anything that can produce massacre bonuses on the PC is good. On the console, you need to be focusing on fast clears. What I mean is, on the PC, it makes sense to slow down, so you can drag an enemy behind you so that you can keep your massacre bonus up. The massacre bonus on the console is so bad, it’s not worth trying to keep massacre bonuses going.

5 Likes

Wow! It’s been months since I saw anything even remotely useful on this forum and reddit subs…and here it is! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

It is still fun to get, though.

Does anyone have an actual breakdown on spawn rate from cursed chests? I do know that there is a big difference which makes things like a certain conquest very difficult, even with a proper build, especially solo.

Oh, and another difference I’m not sure was mentioned:

During non-seasonal play, you may find a “gift for XXX” (where XXX is the name of a person on your friend list) which you can mail to them by opening inventory and then the item; it appears in the same place for you as a bounty cache or Haedrig’s Gift except all you can really do with it is provide it to someone else. When they receive it and use it, they get a random legendary. There is no limit to how many you can find or send… that I have found.

Perhaps explain why the Console build variant is different? People new to D3 on Console copy builds from Icy Veins then wonder why the leaderboards hve different builds.

Perhaps explain why the Console build variant is different? People new to D3 on Console copy builds from Icy Veins then wonder why the leaderboards hve different builds.

There is an explanation at the start of the build. Do you think it’s not clear enough?

And thank you BehindTimes! Such valuable information, I’m adding it to the list!

During non-seasonal play, you may find a “gift for XXX” (where XXX is the name of a person on your friend list) which you can mail to them by opening inventory and then the item; it appears in the same place for you as a bounty cache or Haedrig’s Gift except all you can really do with it is provide it to someone else. When they receive it and use it, they get a random legendary. There is no limit to how many you can find or send… that I have found.

Oh, that’s good point! Silly question but are the gifts console-specific? I was under the impression the gifts exist on PC too.

There’s no such thing on PC.

1 Like

It only covers half the reason why the build is so good on Console…what about causing lag in the game engine so more twisters are out and damage ramps up?

I quote ExisFOHDR:

"So Homer, all twister builds have always benifited from frame rate drop in group play; however, the FB wiz is capable of creating frame rate drop 5 times worse than group play while in a solo game by running magic weapon ignite. That rune on magic weapon technically could be used on any twister build, but not likely going to happen because of defense issues.

That being said, MW ignite applies a DoT to enemies and can stack multiple times. This causes a significant load on the processor. It can be achieved with only 10 enemies. The frame rate drop essentially brings the game timer to a screeching hault while still allowing the wizard to cast twisters. At normal frame rate of 30 seconds and an attack dpeed of 2 aps, a wiz can only have 12 total twister active at any hiven time. With the forced frame drop, the FB twister wiz can get 100+ twisters out. See the problem? While frame rate is dropped, the twisters essentially dont move either, allowing the wizard to stack 50 or so teisters on a single elite, even out in the open. The linked video above demonstrates this. The issue of frame drop normally exists only in high density and or in group play. The FB wiz is able to achieve this in solo.

Again, I make no claim that the FB set needs nerfed. I do however believe the FB twister wiz on console is significantly OP because of above stated ability to run MW ignite to force significant frame drop."

1 Like

I’m aware of that but it’s not something we’re interested in covering on the website. It is considered cheating by many and the quality of life is extremely poor when playing it. The build on the website is more than capable doing 150 without it so that’s the one we’re recommending. We prefer not to cover topics that are considered cheating.

So because it can be done on console, and not PC, cause of how our buttons work, you think its cheating??

and the gift thing is specific to consoles because we also have something specific to consoles. Nemesis.

Exploit might be a closer word choice… one that creates poor game play can be a good reason to not promote / proliferate it.

1 Like

Buttons? How does Ignite relate to buttons?
There is a console twister build on the website, one that is capable of doing 150 easily, and does not have the poor QoL of ignite.

FYI to those following, we’ve also added a console LoD Poison Scythe build :slight_smile: more stuff will be added in the upcoming days.

1 Like

It is more based on older technology, aka, older consoles. The older consoles cannot compute all the damage happening so it causes the exploit. Internet connection can also affect it. Newer consoles don’t gain this benefit, so people with the older consoles can use the exploit to ‘get a better time’. Either way, it is very silly.

the spawn rate for curse chest is a LOT less, though I do not have actual numbers. But it feels like the PC spawn is a lot more. Just go to YouTube and you can see PC players easily reach over 400 kills before the minute is over solo. While on Console doing the same thing with the same build will get you about 280’s to 290’s kills in the same time, even with crazy overpowered build will only get you a little over 300 about 320’s. Making the 350 kill streak which is a piece of cake on PC nearly impossible on console. There are ways to do it but you have to stay at just the right spot and get lucky, while this doesn’t matter at all on PC.

Besides that PS4 has extra Monsters like the The Last of Us monsters. There is also a special boss than only appears on console The Nemesis.

1 Like

If you’re interested, we could also i clude HC console builds.

I’m sure me and the people I play with wouldn’t mind contributing to your build guides.

Xbox gt: eXis FOHDR

1 Like