New to diablo a couple questions

Hi everyone,
I have 2 questions that weren’t really addressed when I read the icy veins new players guide. Firstly I have not made my first character. So I have no 70 yet.

First question is what are your suggestions: should I start as a non-seasonal character get to 70 then move to a seasonal character?

the second questions is i read at the end of the season ur seasonal character xp and paragon levels get moved to ur non seasonal character. Does that mean for instance, if i make a wizard as non seasonal and then make a barbarian seasonal does it get transferred to my highest non seasonal character or do they have to be the same class?

Thank you for your time

Hey Shockandpaws,

You don’t want to do this. When transferring (“rebirthing”) a non seasonal character to seasonal, it is completely reset. Meaning, it’s stripped of everything and set to level 1. So nothing you do while in non seasonal will matter.

Because paragon XP applies across all characters on an account, all non season chars will receive the seasonal paragon XP that is brought over.

One thing to note is that it’s the paragon XP that is brought over, not the raw paragon levels.

1 Like

First of all thank you for your reply leviathan. So since im starting so late into the game makes no sense to make an non seasonal character. This is for future of how seasons are played. So can you play a seasonal character after the season?

Yep! It automatically gets converted to a non seasonal when the season ends.

Everything it’s wearing and everything in its inventory moves with it, as is. Everything in the stash is sent to you through the in-game email.

Here’s a good summary of how the conversion works. It’s from an older season, so just focus on the “The Season Rollover” section. Ignore anything that states it’s related to Season 14.

Occasionally there are some differences depending if the devs want to do something special, however, that guide is essentially spot on. Be sure to have a look at a season’s ending news article for any special circumstances.

1 Like

As of 2.7.4 (last season), we don’t have to anymore!
:partying_face:

1 Like

Really, now? Well that is nice to know. I sat out last season. Scrap my post!

1 Like

Thank you again leviathan i think this will be my last question i been looking at guides on rollmax and seeing different builds on different classes and one thing that has me confused is how are the builds getting 2 spells from the same guess can call it teir at the same time. Like necromancer aotd build uses command skeletons and army of the dead or wizards storm shield and magic weapon.this

Go into game options and enable Elective Mode. While there, also enable advanced tooltips.

Oh ok i saw someone mention elective mode for advance tool tips i just didnt realize it did that

Im excited to start playing tonight for the first time ty for answering all my nooby questions im ready to get into the game and start grinding these levels now to just decide if i want to go wizard or necromancer.

Also, small tip - the F1 key opens your wardrobe. In there are separate tabs for your wings, pets, etc. In the pets tab are your ‘cosmetic’ pets. They do not help with fighting, nor do they have any skills (except this season, see below) but they do serve one main function - they pick up your gold for you so you don’t have to run around after it! Equip one as soon as possible.

This season, with the Altar of Rites feature your cosmetic pet will be able to pick up and salvage any trash items that fall. This saves you the hassle of doing it, but that comes later in the game. For now, just work on getting a feel for the game. Have fun.

1 Like

Be careful of blindly following Maxroll or Icy-Veins guides. They show what high level players are using.
e.g., Many say to use Squirts and Stricken. Squirts can kill you at lower levels and Bane of the Powerful is more efficient than Stricken until it starts taking a long time to kill the Rift Guardian.
edit: I have spoken with players that say they are set up as shown in the Guide but it is not working right. They did not look at the Affixes on the gear and are using badly rolled gear pieces. The Guides also show all Ancient gear with 150 level Augments.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip but i wasn’t looking at gear as much as skill sets on max roll and icy veins I was looking more at new player guides and just getting my barings around how to progress in the game efficiently I usually only start looking at gear when I reach limits in my pushing capability

Also be sure to familiarize yourself with the Mystic and enchanting your gear. She will be your best friend in game! Be sure that the affixes on your gear match your selected skills. If they don’t, she can change them (for a price, of course).

For instance, if you are playing a Demon Hunter and you are using the Strafe skill, but your boots say ‘Increase Multishot dmg by XX%’, she can change that to say 'Increase Strafe dmg by XX%. May take a few tries and the cost goes up each time. Can only change one affix, but can reroll it as many times as you can afford.

P.S.!!! - Do NOT reroll your damage modifier (+cold dmg, + holy dmg, etc…) on your weapon - a large part of your dmg comes from it. Only in rare circumstances will you ever touch that stat. You can, however, reroll that stat on your secondary gear pieces (bracers, amulets, rings) to match whatever skill type you are using.

1 Like

Each slot on the action bar (abilities 1 - 4) has its own selection of abilities. But there are also forward and back arrows at the sides of the selection screen, so you can move to any other screen and select any ability for any slot.

1 Like