New Squirt's necklace and Pets

Does anyone know if pets benefit from the New Squirt’s necklace buff?

Read the item description. Everything you need to know is in there.
It very clearly states, that it buffs YOUR damage, not the damage of anything else.

Yes they do. Where do pets derive their damage from…? Why you, of course. :wink:

I believe with both responses we are full circle and arrive back at the original question.

Notice that most of the top WD builds are not using the Squirt’s + Gizzard Gem combo. Part of the reasoning is the presence of the Enforcer, Simplicity Strength, Gogok, Trapped, and LoD gems. Its not really worth equipping Squirts without a means of preserving the buff.

The LoD/LoN version of this build (vs. Zuni) uses Ice Climbers to keep the buff.

1 Like

~https://www.diablofans.com/builds/104771-s18-carnevils-fury-gr-solo-2-6-6-lod~
illusory boots equipped.

Ice Climbers would block damage against 1 damage type. The build is gem locked with no flexibility. The squirts buff design seems like the devs intended for it to be used with Gizzard. What I haven’t bothered to consider is LoD Firebats, which could equip Gizzard. I haven’t looked at in D3planner. I basically doubt that the squirts buff will be enough to bring LoD Firebats up to the damage of LoD DoD.

(Teach me to not post between tasks at work…)
I left out a piece. You wear the Climbers to counter the down-side of wearing the new Stone Gauntlets…which let’s you wear Squirt’s (almost) without fear.

Oh wow I did not know that about Ice Climbers and the new Stone Guantlets. Thanks for posting that. Now I need to reforge some gloves.

:grinning:

You are still going to take some damage even with stone gauntlets. You will only get the buff in short bursts when you can chain spirit walk.

You are correct but the Ice Climbers/Stone Gauntlets combo is some serious damage reduction. On the Wiz side I’ve been running Invigorating gem with stone gauntlets. Ice Climbers offers another combo and frees up a gem slot if the build permits.