New speed meta/RGK/4man meta changes

If they haven’t changed the the power of the S19 theme at all. There may just be a few classes/builds to hit 150 this season.

You’re talking about NS only OP.

Perhaps your thread should be in the NS forum.

Season is always close behind NS after 5 to 6 weeks anyway in Leaderboard.

Multishot is not used in groups mostly because of the lag that area damage + rockets produce…
Fun enough is that in most cases multishot does better against single targets (unless you use the physical rune in massive density).

In the barb subject… i think they should leave lamentation at 100% (mostly because if they make WW the strongest barb build is there almost no reason to play HOTA or SLAM, because WW is the strongest speedfarm build too), but instead increase hota and slam build damage to be able to do decent DPS in groups, i really want slam build being an efficient thrash killer.

In the other hand, the crusader buff… well… we were talking about it in the crusader forums, and we think that it will not survive, HF is dealing massive damage thanks to the 20k buff, unlike FOH, HF has a complete group of legendaries that makes the numbers go into the broken area…

I would love to see some buffs to some forgotten specs to change a bit the group meta spots, but i think the crusader will set will be nerfed.

1 Like

It’s fairly odd that they didn’t even consider this during the PTR.

2 Likes

Posts like this has been up for years, and blizzard does little to nothing about it lol. Like it’s so obvious what builds are weak and what builds are strong. It should not be that hard to just increase and decrease a few multipliers.

2 Likes

Because whenever they do, even buffing one class to 140, while 5 classes are 140+, people call for nerfs. I don’t understand it.

Everyone wants a new way to do speed runs and as soon as we get it. They want to nerf that build because 140 at 10k paragon is more op than a wizard doing gr 148 or necro doing 147?

Doesn’t make any sense to me.

1 Like

When we did N6M4 multishot speeds, we could only have 2 DHs in group using N6M4 – a 3rd MS player would pull the server to its knees. That is a total of 8 sources of MS damage, rockets and all, and it would lag if we found a huge pocket of density. If you are careful with your group comp and monitor the AD of other teammates, 1 MS dps will work fine on super pulls.

Wiz 148:

http://bbs.d.163.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173790992&extra=page%3D2

Necro 147:

Fixed it for you :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish I could give you more than one like :heart: , unfortunately due to the limit of likes given I must wait 15 minutes to even give you one :crazy_face:

1 Like

Is this what we have to expect? Wiz and necro doing 148 while everyone else is left at 140-142? IF THAT.

Within this post, I’ve already seen multiple people post about how their class could potentially work in a group. What skills are better than others.

We already know what our class needs to perform in speed metas, rgk, or trash clearer. We just need a dev to be willing to make the change.

These restrictions are really bothersome. I myself have to wait 2 hours for another like.

True with TL3 you should be able to give 200 or 250 likes a day, not 25-50 or whatever the limit is…

Yep, Devs have no problem nerfing barbs over and over again to the ground most of the times while others can BOT, use THUD with no worries and clear over 146 GRs with no problems with their unlimitted crafting mats, used to make perfect primals for them…

I know you don’t need primals to clear 145+ GRs, but still…

If a barb with over 10500 paragon and perfect items barely clears a 140 GR he’s OP, but when Necros and Wizards clear 146+ GRs it’s perfectly fine…

2 Likes

Happy to see threads like this. Trust me, I wish it didn’t need to be so, but when it does, I am glad to see people scream for attention. Cause this is simply not alright.
Too much have been written and proposed about the Barbarian, too many times have we been nerfed again and again or forgotten. Always slacking down at the bottom while other classes dominate. Simply not okay.

3 Likes

Welcome to the world of D3 RoS where only 2 classes are allowed to have the best DPS builds to push for highiest GRs clears in game…

If Barbs come even at 4 or God forbid beat them by 2 or 4 GRs in clears they are OP and breaking the balance. :rofl:

Check this out for a good laugh:

By Three They Come…

Also don’t forget to support Free’s thread:

From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

I can’t even remember last time that Barbarian was a top dog… It’s so strange to see a class that should also be able to use 2x2hander, yelling so his teammates can do all the damage… So damn odd lol

2 Likes

It was before Jay Wilson moved on People forget he mained a barb and they were godly. Then he was gone and it’s been one nerf after another. Now some people will say it was worth it to get rid of Jay but I think balancing the classes would have been a better plan.

This is just more good reasons why Vyr/Chants and WW/Rend should not have been nerfed at all. WW/Rend probably should have had the Lamentation upped to 300-400%. I’m tired of the devs just listening to nerf trolls and breaking this game because of what bots do. I also want Karlei’s Point buffed more. Bring it up to 5-600% like was suggested ages ago. Why can’t Condemn also be buffed?
Why is the average player sh*t on in this game?
Blizzard, you’re going to have to prove themselves if you want anymore of my money. I’m tired of being told ‘we hear you’, ‘don’t you guys have phones’, ‘the forges are burning hot’. Blah blah blah.

2 Likes

Thankfully, 2.6.7 nerfs each of these tremendously. Unfortunately, Rats are going to be a thing yet again due to the Barb nerf, where it was looking like Rend was more than viable…THEY NEED TO ADDRESS THIS!

We need to see some love for both Barbs and Monks, but I also want to see RGK options for WD and DH surface as well. WD and DH are better in terms of functional play than Barb and Monk, but they also suffer from a lack in the “META” albeit they are each part of compositions that are only 3-4 levels behind the rat run pace…it can still be better.

They should just do something that shifts the meta. I am not sure what exactly, but it would be nice to see a direct and purposeful tuning to upheave the meta after each season!

Everything you mentioned is spot on, well done!!!

1 Like

Those Chinese dudes in that thread are talking about getting 150 done, so they can be done with the end game LOL.

While I don’t play monk, the biggest crime is that not only do they lack damage, they lack survivability as well. Unity in many builds? Laughable. Most classes get a high dr ring suitable for group play (karini, BoM, elusive, justice lantern etc) and poor monk is left behind.

Seven years with a new patch several times per year. I’m tired of reading well-written posts with actual, workable solutions which get ignored.

2 Likes

Frontal cone damage.

Since you pretty much rely on creating density regardless of what build youre playing, DH would have to stay away 20-30y from the group to maximize damage, which means :

a) you’re losing majority of group wide damage reduction
b) since the game has no controllable aggro management you might very well die every pack because of stray monsters going towards you

turrets could possibly solve some of the issues but still theres many builds for other classes that simply work better for that particular purpose.

I keep saying that in every other thread like this : meta is meta not because of bad tuning or lack of good will, but because class design that has some kind of class fantasy in mind makes skills mechanically not interchangeable, meaning that if GRs require specific utility, theres few skills (and classes) in game that can deliver that.

1 Like

If a barb with over 10500 paragon and perfect items barely clears a 140 GR he’s OP, but when Necros and Wizards clear 146+ GRs it’s perfectly fine…

They nerfed chantodo already and bazooka mechanics are eating a nerf too.

Stop trying to start drama, you are not even a barb supporter,not so long ago you clearly said in one topic that "you didn’t care about nerfs, as long as they don’t touch your build “MS UE6”…

So basically you are only supporting barb crew because you are paranoic that they are going to nerf UE6 :man_facepalming:

And just in case i will say it again. i’m not a barb hater, in fact i supported the barb buff idea since day 1, and i’m going to play barb next season.