New Season Alter XP Pool bonus

Am i correct in assuming that this bonus will be completely useless for us? since if we die we lose a bit more? like a character? one less thing for us to collect this next season?

Actually the point of HC is not to die. But I don’t see how that would affect the exp pools. If you die, you create another character and get another pool to reapply the new season exp boost again.

1 Like

ok, maybe i am not understanding what this bonus means.

When i pickup a xp bonus pool, it highlights my xp bar yellow, and gives me some bonus xp. normally i blast through that bonus xp in 1/10th of a grift cause i dont have 3000 paragons. so i never worry about losing the bonus xp to death, because it gets used up.

is it just cause i never made it far enough into the paragons to utilize the xp pools in a useful way? is that why this doesn’t make sense to me?

I apreciate the reply argos, but it seems like that bonus xp is going to get used up really really quick with a new character, why would i worry about dying when the bonus xp is going to last 1 minute of killing mobs.

The altar unlock makes that xp bonus permanent, it will never get used up for the life of the character.

2 Likes

Before this season, pools were more useful relative to how high your paragon level was. At low paragon, it got used up so fast that it was a waste of time to hunt for them.

At high paragon, it was worth it because it will last longer.