New scoundrel Skill

New Skill - Night’s Veil

• The Scoundrel launches a cloud that covers a 20-yard area and lasts 5 to10 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity. All attacks against enemies that are inside the cloud will be critical hits.

Does anyone know if this will work with DOTs like rend? (which technically can’t crit)

Hey Weaver, that’s a good question. I have not tested, but I’m pretty confident it won’t work with Rend, since Rend doesn’t work with other CHC debuffs like Iceblink.

I see, thanks for the reply. That’s a pity tho :).

I guess it depends on if it buff player’s CHC (while under cloud) or debuff on a monster. If it’s a buff it should work. Can you confirm this is a debuff?

Edit: from the wordings of the skill it seems a debuff…pity :slight_smile:

Yeah, sure seems like a debuff on the mobs (just reading the skill, still haven’t tested). It doesn’t raise your CHC - if you were standing in the cloud, using Weapon Throw on some mobs 40 yards away, they would not have 100% chance to be crit.

So yep, probably won’t work. Might be good with Leapquake, though. :wink:

Don’t understand what you are saying…if it debuffs mobs, should not the weapon throw work?

And if it doesn’t work with rend, I guess EQ is out too? cause it’s also a DoT?

Edit: or maybe you’re just joking :slight_smile:

No, I’m saying- if YOU are standing in the cloud, and mobs are outside the cloud, then the cloud isn’t doing anything. Sorry, that was probably needlessly complicated.

As for EQ, it’s not exactly a DoT the way Rend is a DoT. It’s more like a damage source, and for each tick of damage it rolls to see whether it crits or not. So for that the cloud should work fine.

I see, that explains it then. Was thinking its a DOT just like rend. Well, learn something new about this game after almost 9 years…hahaha.

So what follower you suggest for Whirlrend barb? scoundrel’s 4% crit seems tempting

Seems like Enchantress is shaping up to be best… 10% Elemental damage is about a 7% gain for most people.

2 Likes

Of the three followers , the Scoundrel has always seemed to me to be least effective . I still think that will be the case after patch . The Enchantress definitely will have the most useful buffs for us players IMO . None of the other followers has gained such significant skill sets as she has . Ones that are actually big boost’s to players damage especially . I am looking forward to that and it’s going to be a welcome change .

1 Like

So does this mean that if I hit an enemy with 60% CHC & 500% CHD then these enemies are guaranteed to take damage (within the cloud) according to said stats?

Here’s the simple way of putting it: the cloud makes skills that can critically hit, critically hit all of the time against enemies within the cloud.

If an enemy isn’t in the cloud, nothing happens. If your character is standing in the cloud, it doesn’t matter- only mobs within the cloud are effected. If you use Rend (or Haunt, or Locust Swarm, etc), it doesn’t matter, since none of these can crit.

2 Likes

Frenzy should also benefit, right?

Yep, that effect should work great with Frenzy.

1 Like