New Sader set changes at Blizzcon PTR

Darklight buffed to 800-1000%

2PC: Fist of the Heavens increases Heaven’s Fury damage by 100% for 5s, stacks 3 times multiplicatively.

4PC: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens returns 5 Wrath and increases DR by 1% stacks up to 50 times lasts 10s.

6PC: Increases the damage of FotH and Heaven’s Fury by 20,000%

Pchild/Fluffy/Bluddshed’s twitter has pics.

3 Likes

huge change to the mechanics of the set with the 2pc. Seems very powerful at first glance. Wonder if they snuck some other things in like capping the shield like with the necro or something. I dont know. 700% multiplier then 20,000% after the max stacks? Akkhan’s and LOD heaven’s fury seemed in the same ballpark of each other but this seems like a massive leap ahead. Really need to see the rest of the changes i guess.

edit: by reading the wording i think the 2pc might expend the charges on use of heavens fury.

Yeah it seems like this is just a Heaven’s Fury set now unless I’m completely missing something. Sader new meta RGK?

Definitely need another open PTR to test this and the Monk set.

1 Like

Interesting! Good news: buffed!

But that changes everything! Bracers of Fury, Shield of Fury, Fate of the Fell like BiS! How to reset the Champ without Akarat’s Awakaning and high block chance? It was so smooth to play! :frowning: Felt more tanky and hadn’t any Wrath problems at all in comparision to zodiac ring.

I’m already playing around with d3planner on this.

• Fissure is definetely the strongest rune of FoTH (Lightning)
  • What’s the strongest Heaven’s Fury rune? Isn’t it holy? Is Thou Should Not Pass (Lightning) any helpful?

Will it be kinda like a dual element build like Vyr? I mean COE dependent?

hah i need that new set on the planner. there wasnt a ptr planner right? I missed what equip slots Valor had but probably can use Crimson with it and EW, RORG, and Zodiac right? I guess there’s meant to be a 3 FOH then fury repeat and that will save the resources which might devolve into just HF’ing with some other resource gen options for more Shield stacks.

Uses the standard 6.

might be a good way to weave the cooldown runes into the mix if only HF’ing every 2-3 seconds with foh’ing the rest of the aps. Not sure how low they can get i usually play around with the spender rune.

wow. nice buff. what does the %wpn dmg come out to be for HF? It seems rather nice…

1 Like

The changes seems a bit high, given that no one had a chance to test them before release.

I was expecting a buff to foth, but I wasn’t expecting the hf interaction.

But I’ll hold my judgment until I see how it feels, particularly since I can see how fires of heaven might not be the best choice of rune.

I think we should have needed a second week of testing.

FotH AoV will be a good speed farming build imo, and then HF focused AoV will be a good push build. You’ll still use FotH in the HF spec for the set bonuses. But I don’t think you’ll care about Darklight or Khassett’s Cord.

1 Like

Well, you can fit darklight, bracers of fury, fate of fell, Shield of fury and khassets in the same build.

Given that you can also use a passive rune for heaven’s fury (passive as in it’ll keep hitting enemies for a few seconds) you can effectively blast your enemies with both, throw in a zodiac there aswell to reduce the cooldown for hf.

What I’m wondering about is that you can have two different options for gearing, either Coe + Aquila or rrog + captain crimson. Wondering if both works or not.

1 Like

Wont this change the build to passively casting Heavens Fury and then spamming FOTH so the Fury does massive damage?

This looks like a typo on the 2pc bonus. The 2pc bonus seems too strong if it is 8x. A second thing i’d like to mention is they didn’t address defense, so Heaven’s Fury CDR w/ Ivory Tower is going to require Esoteric Alteration/Mutilation Guard and/or Unity/JL. This build will really shine for high paragon players – kind of like N6 Rapid Fire – with enough main stat the player can gain an extra 50-60% by swapping in a CoE, or, a damage gem.

FOTH USING GR117 AS A BENCHMARK
For FoTH by itself, let’s see what would happen to those GR117 clears:

• 3.14x gain from Darklight
  • 2x gain from AoV 6pc

6.28x which is almost 12 GRs or GR129, it might be less because the 2pc lost a random beam. Overall, this is weaker than LoD Blessed Shield.

HEAVEN’S FURY: AOV VS LOD
Let’s say LoD CDR version has a ceiling of GR130, this is possible today with a real good map and 7k+ paragon. Using LoD as a comparison, I’ve converted the damage to Aegis of Valor as follows:

• 2.04x gain from AoV 6pc bonus
  • 2x gain from Endless Walk
  • 8x gain from 2pc Bonus ???
  • 12.5% penalty from 20% less elemental damage

28.56x which is roughly 21 GRs or GR151

If we assume 2pc bonus is really means 300%

• 2.04x gain from AoV 6pc bonus
  • 2x gain from Endless Walk
  • 4x gain from 2pc Bonus ???
  • 12.5% penalty from 20% less elemental damage

14.28x which is almost 17 GRs or GR147

Although survival sucks, it’s brokenly over powered and needs tuning.

RECOMMENDED FINAL TWEAKS
Heaven’s Fury is not really balanced with FotH from a legendary item standpoint, Darklight needs a little more power since the Khassett’s Cord belt wasn’t touched. FotH needs about 2GRs. And to ensure good a synergy with an eventual Akkhan 6pc buff, I recommend these numbers:

• Darklight gets buffed to 1200%.
  • The 2pc should enhance both skills: Heaven’s Fury AND FotH.
  • 2pc stacks 3 times for a 300% (4x) multiplicative damage.
  • 6pc is nerfed down from 20,000% to 6,000%

Pure FotH w/ Steed Set Currently GR117 Clear
3.71x gain from Darklight
4x gain from 2pc Bonus
39.6% penalty from 6pc
8.96x which is almost 14 GRs or GR131

Proposed AoV Heaven’s Fury CDR
2x gain from Endless Walk
4x gain from 2pc Bonus
38.07% penalty from AoV 6pc bonus
12.5% penalty from 20% less elemental damage
4.34x which is almost 9 GRs or GR139

The thing about AoV Heaven’s Fury w/ Ivory Tower is that it lacks defense and will require most players to abandon CoE, at least 1 legendary gem to survive, probably about 5GRs. Fist of the Heaven’s also occupies 1 skill slot, which is ordinarily used for Punish – so expect that GR139 to be GR134-135.

I know there’s a lot of numbers to process, but we have to start somewhere, what do you guys think?

3 Likes

Agree with all, with the exception of 1200% darklight. 1000% is already ridiculous. We can shift some damage to khassets to give the boost we need.

Edit: My gut says that a hybrid build is unlikely, and that people with either go full HF or full FotH. Both skills might be present, but I don’t see both FotF and darklight used together. We won’t know until live though, I guess.

1 Like

How about dual “spender” & dual element (lightning & holy phases of COE)?

https://www.d3planner.com/389367726

(Armor of Akkhan’ as placeholder for Aegis of Valor)

Blessed Ground on CD, not really a spender

It will definitely work as a ranged hybrid, without ivory tower, it just needs blind.

Already changed, but took Judgement - Deliberate instead of Provoke, because of the new 4-Piece-Bonus, kinda similar.

If range then zei’s

1 Like

That is the RGK version. It should be much stronger than the Akkhan version, can run with F&R and Akkhan 2pc for RCR, though i think Crimson will always win out.

Is this buff only at Blizzcon, or can we try this stuff now?

I’m interested in the buff that this set got, but there is a thing that i really don’t like, is the fact that FOH is just a lowkey “primary skill” that is only used to buff HF…
Somehow the FOH set is now a HF set lol.

1 Like