New potential Blizzard build idea for T13-T16

Redesign Winter Flurry from:

Enemies killed by Cold damage have a 15–20% chance to release a Frost Nova.

to:

Ice Armor gains the Frozen Storm rune effect and it’s damage is increased to 750-800% damage every second as cold to enemies in 30 yard radius. Enemies killed by Frozen Storm have 40-50% chance to cast Blizzard (on the location where monsters were killed).
Winter Flurry would also get a 400-450% damage increase to Blizzard skill as additional stat.

I know there are some other legendaries that don’t have any legendary powers, but this source would fit it perfectly as even the name of it suggests it (cold skills oriented)…

Maybe if other items with legendary powers based on cold skills were buffed, combining them with the new Winter Flurry would make an interesting at least T13-T16 build.

1 Like

Right there with you on Winter Flurry. I liked the idea of Frost Nova gains the effect of the Frozen Mist rune and deals 500% more damage.

I’d love to make a true cold Build. I think Rimeheart should deal 400% more damage to Frozen enemies as a legendary power.

The current Winter Flurry is junk… to say the least. But if they redesign this thing, then it might be better to turn it into a real “Blizzard” item. That skill has not seen item support since day one and honestly, it’s overdue.

Buffing Blizzard damage is obvious, and then… maybe adding effects based on the selected rune or have other attacks (of the same element as Blizzard) deal more damage, like this:

Winter Flurry [Legendary Source]
• +Min/Max Damage
• +Mainstat
• Cold Skills deal 15-20% increased damage [reroll of element possible]
+2 random magic properties
Legendary Power:
Blizzard deals 300-400% increased damage and all your attacks of the same elemental damage type as your Blizzard deal 100% increased damage to enemies inside Blizzard’s area of effect.

but they should also add one more Blizzard item, this belt:

Snowclash [Legendary Belt]
• +MainStat
• Cold Skills deal 15-20% increased damage [reroll of element possible]
• Increases pickup radius by 4-6 yards.
+3 random magic properties
Legendary Power:
Blizzard now deals its total damage over time every second and gains the effect of the “Snowbound” and “Unrelenting Storm” runes. Your pickup radius increases the area of effect (to a maximum of 35 yards).

I really wish they add something like this.

1 Like

I built Winter Flurry with the idea of Tal’s in mind, allowing them to choose any other Frost Nova rune. Normally, they are stuck with Frozen Mist.

If I were asked to design a legendary power for Blizzard, I’d probably just point at Blackhand Key and have it say "Blizzard stacks up to 3 times and deals 500% more damage.

Ah, what could have been.

I thought about The Blackhand Key, but from the legendary description below te legendary power I noticed it’s more arcane damage based.

Your change plus mine (but mine would be added to a new ring or bracers instead of winter flurry) and we could have an interesting blizzard build.

Blackhand Key = Black Hole item… maybe this:

Blackhand Key [Legendary Wand]
• Min/Max DMG
• + +Mainstat
• Reduces the Cooldown Time of Blackhole by 2-4 seconds
+3 random magic properties (2 primary, 1 secondary)
Legendary Power:
Black Hole gains the effect of the Event Horizon rune and deals 500-600% increased damage. For every hostile projectile absorbed and every enemy killed while affected by Black Hole your next Arcane Power spending attack after Black Hole has expired deals 20% more damage.

since you are mentioning rimeheart, can it proc of casts by etched sigil?

Procs don’t proc procs.