New Player questions

I have a lvl 70 Necromancer. Ive done the campaign and farmed for goblins. Im trying to finish a set. What are my options for progressing? What are somethings that people are usually grinding for? Im just having a hard time finding things to do.

Welcome!

First, now that you have completed the Campaign, switch to Adventure mode. This will give you access to more things to do such as Bouties, Nephalem Rifts, and Greater Rifts.

Second, acquire a 6 piece set. This can be done by running Nephalem Rifts on Torment 1-3. Sets only drop on Torment difficulty. After killing the Rift Guardian, youā€™ll receive Blood Shards that can be traded for random gear at Kadala. This helps you target the Set pieces your missing.

The main thing to focus on now is getting geared enough so you can tackle Torment 10-16 and Greater Rift 70+. It shouldnā€™t take too long if you run Rifts and Grifts.

Lastly, check out some of the guides for more detailed information on what items you should be looking for.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! I guess I underestimated how much grinding id be doing for a set. Is it worth it to use the puzzle box to reroll set items from other sets, for a chance at one I can use? Im still curios about set dungeons.

You cannot use the Cube to change an item from one set to another. You can, however, use it to change a duplicate set piece into one you are missing. It may take a few tries.

1 Like

Thank you, Ive been using it wrong. lol

Yes, the Kanaiā€™s Cube can be useful for filling in the last missing pieces of a set. I use that recipe sparingly, though, as those materials can be used for other more important tasks (e.g. reforging legendaries).

The things you need to look for at this point are legendary items that give you a massive boost in skill damage (300-400%). This will let you kill faster, which leads to more drops.

The ā€œKanaiā€™s Cubeā€ section of the Game Guide gives a pretty good explanation of what the different recipes do and what is required to use them.
I would also suggest looking at the How to Farm_____? guide in Items and Crafting Forum.

Thanks for the replies. Can you think of anything that would waste my time. I would like to be as effective as possible. (items, perks, farms, item sets.) Im just digging all this info.

Just have fun and explore the possibilities. Striving for efficiency can come later.

1 Like

Here is my guide to farming gear.

I hope it helps.

4 Likes

Primo stuff, helps me even more. Answered all my questions. Thank you

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t let me Reply to the ACTUAL post of the guide so hereā€™s a BUMP to keep it from going 6 Ft under.

You have two BASE Options with each having their options within:

Seasonal

• Do all the achievements through to Guardian
  • Play in either Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode

Non_Seasonal - Multiple Options:

• Play in either Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode
  • In Campaign Mode there are Five Acts: I, II, III, IV and V
    There are a multitude of achievements within the game:
  • Kill a set of bosses, elites, special tasks, crafting, dungeons and more.
  • Some people like to beat every dungeon because you get rewarded with wings and pennants.
  • Weekly you get a new challenge rift which gives you extra materials as a reward - Veiled Crystals, Reusable Parts, Arcane, Deaths Breaths, Blood Shards when you beat it.

Use CTRL+Y in-game in Windows (Command+Y MAC) to bring up the multitude too numerous to list of things you can do.
Some people like them, some do not.

Iā€™m new to this and canā€™t figure out how to make a new post and I need some help. Anyway Iā€™m playing Diablo III the eternal collection on PS4. Ive been doing a seasonal game for the last week and every time I go back into my game all my progress is lost except my necromancer will maintain all the armor, weapons etc that I have collected but I lose all the progress Iā€™ve made on the bounties/boss fights and have to start all over. I always make sure I go back to the title screen before I exit the game and I know it auto saves randomly cause I can see the icon spinning in the corner. Iā€™ve read some other posts on the forum saying you have to at least make it to the checkpoint score it saves and on seasonal I swear I have not seen the big ā€œCHECKPOINTā€ that appears on the screen like it does in the campaign mode. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a console issue or game issue? The game and console are up to date on updates. Please help :weary:

@Kyro
Adventure mode has no progress to be saved.
Adventure mode allows you to go to anywhere, just open the map, use the - and + buttons on the top to switch between World Map and Act Map. You can teleport to any waypoint you like.

Every time you create a new game, everything is renewed. If you want to complete the five bounties in one act. You need to complete them in one sitting.

All 5 bounties in any one Act have to be completed in one game session to get the Horadric Cache reward for it. There is no ā€˜saveā€™ for bounties. You canā€™t do 2 bounties in Act I, exit game, then come back later and expect to do the other 3 to get credit.

Ohhh I understand now. That makes sense. Itā€™s cool that you get to do them over and over to keep getting new stuff.

Thanks for explaining it to me! I know Iā€™m not going crazy now lol

Good to know. Thought I was losing my mind! Lol