New Player, overwhelmed & lacking

New to D3, seasons, basically everything. I just finished a 70 seasonal monk, a non s wizard. Im looking to get the full experience. Ive watched tons of videos and spent a few hours on icy veins trying to figure how to gear, spend paragons, use the cube and all that to my advantage but honestly still a bit lost and overwhelmed as I dont wish to waste mats, salvage the wrong gear or place points where I can recover them. Hoping to find a few players and simple advice on tips and tricks to get the most out of the game. Ive been playing ALOT so Ill be on.

Not sure where to start short of going higher in difficulty. Ive been on hard & its gotten easy. I watched a gear video that says im doing the Inna build but it wasnt purposeful and I have only 1 etheriel. I keep farming bountys and standard rifts but thats about the most of it.

Im posting in hopes to find a group, or better advice that “research” as Ive spent hours doing so and all it did was confuse me a more than when I started searching because I dont have all aspects of the game working to my benefit. Perhaps a kinda hearted elite could break it down so Im not spending more time watching youtube than actually playing. Thanks in advance

I would be glad to Join you in-game and offer some gearing advice. I sent you a friend request.

The more you play, the easier it gets.

You’ll quickly learn what is trash and what is good to keep for current/future builds.

Sets are Meta in terms of basic gameplay. Try to get a few full sets and look into variations of builds around particular sets you own(especially those that use RoRG).

Your Season Journey (right click your player icon in the top left corner to access it) will reward you with a complete set.

There is no rush at all. Just enjoy yourself and familiarize yourself with the sets, legendary gems, legendary item affixes and abilities.

Don’t worry too much about crafting materials, you can always get more mats and serious crafting is only really necessary once you have a full build already while looking for better version of what you already have.

Also spend your bloodshards at kadala on missing slots for your build. If you get what you need then great, if you don’t it’s bonus mats by salvaging.

Runes for abilities are something you should always pay attention to. Having a less effective or simply the wrong rune active on an ability can make a huge difference to survivability and damage output.

There really is too much to cover in a single reply but you get familiar with it and it becomes easy :slight_smile: