New patch question

can the dh clone build nr1 with the impale kill me on hc when he/she attacks the act2 mobs that reflect missiles?

I’m quite certain it will hurt you. I also believe other skills, such as Elemental Arrow, are projectiles too. Just not sure how much damage it will do.

If you play HC, and you have these kind of monsters around, don’t touch shine/pylon.

The problem with that is that you might not have those enemies around but clicking the pylon spawns a pack of them right on top of you, and your Impale DH clone throws some knives at them and kills you.

Either this theme is going to be a killer in HC for some classes or the damage the clones do will have to be so inconsequential that they’re irrelevant.

At least it is better than current theme; player can control not touching shine/pylon at all.

I know that means penalty rather than buff. However, seasonal theme never meant to be buff only; like the super Diablo in some seasons ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course, in a group, the player cannot control whether other players click them or not. So, does this mean some classes will be forced to choose to play solo (and not click pylons / shrines) or gamble that the wrong type of mobs don’t appear when they have certain clones out.

DH is not the only class that has projectile skills. Wizard’s Arcane Orb, Monk’s Wave of Light, Necro’s Bone Spear, … are projectiles too (if I’m not mistaken).

People remember Impale because the huge buff of Shadow set(6). However, the clone doesn’t have this buff (right?). There is no clue how clone’s damage scale with the character. So, it is hard to tell if impale will 1-shot the player(s).

HC players should test the theme in the PTR rather than test it in live.

As I mentioned in another thread, either the clone does significant damage and could kill the player when their attacks are reflected or they don’t do much damage and are therefore irrelevant. Certainly needs testing. Probably the easiest way to do this is to go to the keywarden that’s a dervish with the right clone type and see what happens.

2 Likes