Killed By a !Missing! -52021 :Season Theme_Monk

I was playing Grifts with my Friend until suddenly my Cheat Death Procced and about 2 seconds later i died, and also my game Crashed.

Could it be because we were fighting Dune Dervishes and the Season theme Clone damage got reflected to me? but dont they only Reflect projectiles? Since im ZDPS i couldnt have killed myself.
Also i never procced cheat death in the previous Grifts and i never got dropped to under 70% Life in any situation including Standing in 5 Molten Bombs.
I wouldve posted a Screenshot as proof of the Death message but im not allowed to.
I would love to hear from other people maybe getting killed by this or maybe even get an answer from a Blizzard Member thank you in advance.

UPDATE
Also checked why my friend was nearly killed about 40 minutes ago while we were fighting a Dune dervish elite, his season clone procced and hit the dervish while it was spinning and his cheat death procced.

So it is confirmed you cannot fight dune dervishes in Hardcore because they will eventually kill you because the damage of Season theme Clones will get reflected to you if they spin.

So hardcore Characters cannot be revived even if you died by a bug which is really sad…

1 Like

In HC, dead is dead. But this isn’t a bug. Dune Dervishes, as well as a few other monsters, can deflect projectiles. Some of the clones use projectile attacks. Therefore, you can die from those deflected projectiles. This is a game mechanic that has been in the game for a while.

Which Skill of Monk is considered a projectile then?

WOL with the fire rune, for one. There could be others.

Now seriously… All things Considerd - If this Mechanic is legit no Bugg - You should Consider playing another Game.

Ok so im speaking out a warning for everybody in HC that you shoud never fight Dune Dervishes because they WILL eventually kill you. Speaking of this season because of the Season Buff. Also having a Character being dead because Unknown killed you is pretty cool…not

I had predicted this before PTR ever started, you don’t listen.

Who are you? “Listen”?? ?? Ehh Are you mental bruh? Now I Understand, someone who spends more then 37 Days in a Diablo 3 Forum would say that .

You can fight them if you are careful, and you have a skill that can stun or knockback or some other form of CC that stops them from whirling. I’ve noticed that even elite Dervishes don’t seem to become immune to stuns or knockbacks.

There are diminishing returns on stun so you cant stun them every time they spin.

1 Like