New Necromancer set and PTR season theme feedback

Hi, the new necro set works pretty fine, its fun to play but needs some buff, if you want players actually play the new set at least for season 21, maybe increase damage from 10,000% to 15,000%.

Season theme it’s broken becasuse every zdps will be able to clear gr 150 solo even with low paragon (1000 or so) and mediocre gear. So you encourage players to play zdps for every class in season 21, and then season will be over after 2 weeks because of that. this is not the future for Diablo 3 that we all want.

my humble suggestion is just change the theme, use RORG theme + double bounties and take time to solve this theme for the future.

thanks. I love Diablo 3

1 Like

To be honest, 15.000% may sound like a lot but its actually only 2 GR levels worth.

It first needs a decrease to the cost of the bonespear attack and then further damage buffs

So you’re okay with a Primary skill that you can spam endlessly doing 10-15x more damage than a secondary skill that costs double essence from the one and only dedicated mod item it has?

I’m certainly not and the leaderboards agree with this. Unless necros want LoD builds to once again dominate the new set, Bone Spear needs to do way more damage.

Completely agree with this part though, except maybe some other free item use as to not recycle even though this was a bad S19 recycle.

Correct, from what I’m seeing on LBs with similar gearing/paragon Spear is behind about 10-12 GR’s , so it needs a 6-7x buff. This is another mod item (like hello bracers?!) unless they want the set to look absurd (30,000%, Sims do 4x damage).

The thing they need to realize is this build has no sustain, it runs out of steam either way where as all other necro skills can sustain by either being a corpse skill or having no essence cost, or both.

If you’re spamming primary to gain back essence you’re not doing any damage because the set is only boosting Bone Spear, hence that Bone Spear needs to be doing a tremendous amount of damage.

2 Likes

Also i dont really like the set after all. Its basically just spamming bonespears.

I like the new demon hunter set way more, where youre active style of play is really good right now. It plays super fluid but isnt just that spin2win due to the mechanics.

And even if they just buff up the damage of the set, it finally runs out of essence and has to use lotd+devour. Noone of the generators generates enough essence to feed this set better than lotd+devour and a few seconds of downtime while you can already collect the trash for the next bump.

Exactly what i feared. Land of the dead in within all sets. And the only existing game style that hasnt lotd on the bar while pushing is GS generator. I really fear that this is going to get nerfed alongside corpse explosion. This will really kill the necro completely. No solo pushing then, no more speed metas and its 4p trash killer potential is gone too in this scenario

Oh btw that single item is a straight up skill multiplier, making it another 45% less effective in solo play and any possibility to play it in groups is completely gone (Else it could’ve been made into an RGK with like a x7 on first 5 enemies phylactry or bracer)

The new Set need more skills. Add Bone Spirit and Nova and add bracers that buff the spear. Give the skills synergy that make the set worth playing over LoD.

Example: When you kill an enemy with Bone Spear it releases a bone spirit. Or: Hitting enemies with bone spear also casts Death Nova.

The set has damage issues and sustain issues. Even if all the bugs are worked out with the simulacrum pets i think more of the damage should be on the necro himself, and i think teeth should be a part of every cast of bone spear. example of new 6 piece:

Your bone spear deals 18,000% more damage and your simulacrums deal double this amount. Every cast of bone spear also casts Teeth.

Remake Maltorius Petrified Spike to read:

The damage of your Bone spear is increased by 700% its cast speed is increased by 50%, and its essence cost is reduced by 50%.

If you compare it to other resource intensive spam builds like Wave of light, look at incense torch, or multishot and the effect of the bow and quiver basicly give it huge resource cost reduction and the quiver makes it hit twice at threshholds.
This really isnt that crazy if you think about it.

This way you get to pick whatever rune you want to run be it poison/cold/or the physical runes and you get the “AOE” damage from all casts of you and the simulacrums from the addition of teeth. It give the set more power and identity. It would be an easy fix outside adding the teeth on top of the other casts, i dont know how hard that would be to set up.