New install - Constant Freezing/Not Responding

Processor: Ryzen 9 3900X @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard: MSI X570-A Pro
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Ram: 32 GB G. Skills Ripjaw V Series

Last week I reinstalled the launcher and Diablo 3 to a new SSD I have set up for games. I have since been plagued with a constant bricking up with the mouse moving but the application going freeze frame with the sound continuing to play, as well as a few complete lock up with no movement or sound and the application being listed as Not Responding in the Task Manager.

Sometimes the Bliz after-crash window pops up to put more info into and to relaunch, but more often than not it does not pop up. Under both errors waiting does nothing and neither does Alt-F4, I am forced to End Task and relaunch.

I am unable to reproduce the effect as it happens while I am in game and doing various different things (opening rifts, just standing around, clicking items, using the UI, opening achievements, opening the banner editor, ect.) but it does happen every few hours with fair regularity.

I have checked the Known Technical Support tab and have already adjusted the settings file to turn off the Razor Chroma (as well as disabled it for when the game is running). I have also verified that my graphics drivers are up to date. And of course a reinstall and trying to fix the application files does not help.

Nothing else I have looked at seems like it can solve my issue.

Help??

Edit
Any thoughts??? Anyone???

Second Edit
Well its been several very long days now of playing for an hour or two then freezing and/or crashing for no reason I can see. Its slowly making the game unplayable.
Is there ANYthing I can do?!?!?!?

Move on to another game. The devs either ignore posts or tell the player it’s their fault…even with a fresh install on a powerful computer system. The conclusion I’ve made from all this is the code is ancient and abandoned. It is no longer supported.

3 Likes

I did the same thing (bought a new pc & thought it would fix things & run games better etc.) But D3 still froze up & I was playing with no sound via the FMOD.dll change (fixed the freeze ups - but no sound). Got tired of that & followed these tips changing some settings with the Nvidia graphics.

Restored the FMOD.dll (sounds good) & it hasn’t froze up since…

hope this helps

well idk what to do, i have tried every single one of the solutions on this message board and nothing works. damn thing still bricks up and goes nonresponsive or straight up crashes for absolutely no repeatable reason.

Howdy Tensar,

Would you be able to provide a full list of steps you have tried and your DxDiag so we can take a closer look?

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “preformated text” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

couldnt save the whole file to the forum

Howdy Tensar,

It looks like there could be a conflict with another program so let’s try disabling all other programs temporarily. You may also want to uninstall the Razer software temporarily as it appears to be crashing.

i have tried that in the past, turned off everything in my system tray, turned off all my peripheral programs (everything right down to my antivirus), even unplugged every usb device except for my headset, mouse and keyboard. I still get the game freezing and bricking up for no repeatable reason.

In that case, let’s try go through those steps again just to be safe and then create a MSinfo so we can take a closer look. You can grab the MSinfo and upload it through Pastebin like before and then paste the link here.

https://pastebin.com/QGYEMyyB

Looks like it’s set to private.

“Pastebin’s SMART filters have detected potentially offensive or questionable content in your paste.
The content you are trying to publish has been deemed potentially offensive or questionable by our filters, because of this you’re receiving this warning.
This paste can only be published with the visibility set to “Private”.”

is the message i am getting from the website. i added a password, might help you access it.

PW: 16CPj2Awfk

for about a month now i have not been able to play. i thought that is was my internet speed so i upgraded to a higher speed and i still get disconnected message and then an error code. i know that this issue is not on my end. this is very frustrating especially when i spent the money on the collectors editions for Diablo 3 and Reaper of souls then buy the necromancer pack. if it continues i will not longer play blizzard products.

Unfortunately there’s not even a field to input a password. You could try using an alternative like https://controlc.com.

Howdy HelRaizoR219,

If you are still having an issue, please create your own forum thread with a DxDiag.

https:// controlc .com /2bb7d043

god damn game going non responsive just lost me a hardcore character that I am just going to assume that I have to let go because no one will reactivate it even though it died due to a random, non repeatable crash in a 9 year old game.

also not too sure how useful that file will be, it doesnt have the 14 crashes i have had in the last 4 days listed on it

Sounds like the soundbug! Go to your game folder Diablo III\x64
Open D3Debug.txt right after the crash and look for “FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms” If its there you one of many Blizzard are ignoring.

See post [Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds - #547 by Perusoe-1251

If you’re going to post links, please learn how to do it properly. Thank you.

Click the ► icon below to see detailed instructions on how to post links in these forums.

How to Post Links
  1. Upload your image or video to a free hosting website, like Imgur or YouTube.
  2. Paste the "Direct Link" to your image and/or video in your post. (See image below).

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar. (See image below).

1. Click Reply. (See image below).

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/AQIKfWw.gif

In the meantime, here’s yours: https://controlc.com/2bb7d043

1 Like