New Echoing Nightmare looking better

More explosions. More interesting mobs. Not so easy to blast through. Atonement gem leveled to 125. Exploit removed. Not bad.

I think the exp boost was nerfed a bit though, so that’s lame.

1 Like

Looks like the xp also grants after level 150

Any patch updates? Or when did this happen?

They updated the patch notes

1 Like

I don’t agree besides the 125 change and fixing Conduit. They’re now just a faster GR with no identity, before they were separate from GR’s/rifts and more like a DPS test meter which I thought a lot of the community always wanted.

It made you change your build and tactics for max damage potential and drop toughness, now you basically just use your GR build because it’s the same, that’s the lame part.

Players too obsessed with killing elites and RG’s thinking elite affixes are always needed like it’s some rite of passage. Who cares.

7 Likes

I still think the purpose is a little unclear. I wish there was a meaningful build up, something predictable enough that tactics made sense with break points with massive bosses. That’s what the shadow clone really should be. I didn’t like the first version where you just grab Shield and blast to 150 and give up. That was never going to be good.

I don’t care about elites or affixes. I think the RGs randomly showing up is actually weird. The molten explosions are way overdone. But the other way was boring. I could close my eyes and hold down a couple buttons and get to 150 without trying.

I think they overdid it with the update, but it’s closer to what it should be. And by that I mean, something that will motivate players to play it out multiple times.

Still pretty boring though.

6 Likes

Those explosions make it even worse than it was before, wtf… like 500 of them per EN

4 Likes

I don’t disagree that it needed a spice up, just think there was better ways. The RG’s are for sure out of place, waaay too many explosions glad most are agreeing with that. I’d rather the majority of trash be something that doesn’t disappear straight away, it’s far more annoying than challenging.

Obviously the CC everything with no worries, blast with shield to 150 and fall asleep and win needed a change, but “overwhelm” @ 70 because some fast spawning mobs got stuck in a corner and didn’t come after you to explode isn’t they way. Basically just relying more and more on pet builds to dominate everything.

3 Likes

The arenas still look a bit drab for most part… would have loved if they had created one on that Battlefields of Eternity battering ram from the RoS campaign (obviously made to be a bit bigger).

Yeah, from the vids I’ve watched it seems this way. We should be fighting RGs without trash mobs or elites every 10 waves… maybe even packs of 2 or 3 RGs to feel more like ubers.

I’m honestly flabbergasted by these updates, I thought they would try to make this thing more HC friendly

And instead they’ve made it 10x worse?

5 Likes

If hardcore doesn’t want to worry about the fire explosions from the fallen lunatics, all they have to do is wear the fire immune amulet The Star of Azkaranth.

Prevent all Fire damage taken and heal yourself for [10 - 15]% of the amount prevented.

1 Like

That is so true. I have played in all lvl of GR’s. You could be in a 60 GR and they are just running for elites. Changing the gem to 125 really is it going to help. We at that level now in this season 25.

Get out of the PTR take the soul shard out of your helm & weapon. Test it with the regular gems you use in there and see now it works out. Then come back tell people what you think.

I think that Echoing Nightmare needs a better incentive for the seasonal players to play it instead of just giving them more exp and easier augmentation.

There could be different setups on different maps, whit uniqe mechanics that you have to learn. Like different phases or something, not just all kinds of monsters running at you all the time and ground effects thrown at you constantly.

Echoing Nightmare is a nightmare for whatever powerful build you have, you can easily be killed by the falling meteor.

This is Davey I have 2 accounts and I did test it with the soul shard out of the weapon. You lose about 1 mil in damage with the soul shard out. With soul shard in your weapon you do a GR about a min faster. What I’m getting at is even if you get a 125 gem from the nightmare. It still not going to be as good as it was with the soul shard.

If they give you a gem every time when you do the nightmare. You have to do at lease a 125 to get the gem at that level. As you go up on paragon the harder it is going to be to get it to that level.

Now I did try it with the Marauder and GoD sets. The Marauder did a little better job at the nightmare. Even with the changes with the nightmare it still not a game breaker. Plus the next season really isn’t a game breaker either too.

Plus to get the most out of the nightmare. You might be better off doing it in a group play vs solo.

1 Like

The change to not being able to freeze or stun enemies directly nerfs us Necro (Krysbin’s Sentence ring requires CC to give its massive damage bonus, around which Necros are balanced) and Frenzy Barb players, not to mention makes it difficult if not impossible for AoV Crusaders to proc Bracer of Fury. Those are my 3 main classes/builds.

So many builds require CC to do damage, and if you can’t CC, you can’t do damage. But Inna Monks are pet builds with no cc requirements for doing damage, and that’s the only build the devs care about.

Sitting out season 26 since I’ll be taking a 50% or more nerf in my damage output just because the devs made this horrible no CC change within echoing nightmares.

1 Like

Blizz loves hardcore players - and thinks like them and thinks they are their entire player base. They can’t conceive of casuals who love HC mode. This is true across the board of their games. Call it gamer inbreeding, which results in the same kind of results - idiots.

i agree with this completely. the main problem is the addition of champion packs.

the whole point of this palce was NOT having champions or bosses, that made it so rifting builds wouldnt work so you had to make something new, and you had the room to do something new, because the value of things like furnace and Bane gem were nullified. so now you have extra gem slots, and equipment choices.

now you HAVE to use the same rifting build… so whats the point now? you dont even get to experiment… the bosses and the constant spawning makes the place a NIGTHMARE to navigate. its even worse than the real rifts. now havin something to ignore pathing is a must. specially because some genious decided to put molten explosions off mobs you cant cc… what the hell are you thinking!?

bottom line is, this went from “something to do i guess… maybe i can jsutify making an alt just to gear up for non elite killing” to being utterly pointless. the experience is not worth it, and maybe getting the 125s might be, just to avoid doing 3948 fast runs just level a bunch of ges to dump on gear. but you would ONLY do 125 and then just stop… and only when getting to 125 is easy enough.

this last changes have completely ruined it, and with no other additions to the season, its officially over for me before it even starts. terrible suystem, and terrible feed back from the “comunity”.

1 Like