New CM, still no response to the latest patch changes

What’s the point of adding in another person who’s just going to continue the theme of ignoring the feedback to those who put in time to do PTR testing while moving forward [Horrible] ideas and changes that alienate players from having fun?

7 Likes

Because, although maintaining radio silence is a tough job, somebody has to do it.

14 Likes

instead of ignoring, i think they just don’t know how to fix the problem…

1 Like

Not knowing how to fix the problem is not the same as not knowing how -or not being willing- to communicate that there even is a problem, let alone they don’t know how to fix it.

This is especially infuriating to us now, as long-standing communication issues have been a problem since the game launched. They factually cannot claim they don’t know that silence is a negative influence here.

2 Likes

Once things make it to the PTR they are pretty much final, with minor changes to balance (numbers per item or spell). Major changes don’t happen at the PTR stage.

Feedback - yeah that is frustrating. People have an expectation that everything they say will make it into the current build, or even the next. Some things get put on a list and are several patch iterations out.

Last - CMs pass on info to Devs. They don’t make the decisions on what changes. The assumption that the lack of changes is the fault of CMs is really just plain wrong.

Don’t blame the messenger when the people who authorize and fund the changes, and those who execute, are actually in control.

Yes. All Blizz games have complaints about lack of engagement by the CMs. They really really should do more - IMHO. I get that some of it is routine “I passed it on” but still.

10 Likes

Pretty much this. Don’t shoot the messenger, as often times they have little to nothing to do with the changes Blizzard decided on.

7 Likes

Because it was your assumption that those CM were hired to oversee the Diablo 3 forum when in reality, these CM are probably hired and trained for the upcoming Diablo Immortal and Diablo 4.

3 Likes

I have similar feelings. Doubt anything will change, D3 team has a reputation of ignoring their playerbase’s feedbacks/suggestions. I see a lot of good suggestions from forums members but rarely see it actually being implemented into the game. Feels sad man. I guess we’ll see what happens moving forward.

1 Like

True, but it’s not like the Dev/person in charge shows around this place now is it? A CM is but a mouthpiece (no offense intended) so unfortunately a CM has to take flack, because it’s not just a matter of what feedback we gave but also how strongly we feel about it. I do like people to keep it civil though no matter how much badly you want a change to be made.

The fact that feedback pretty much seems to fall on death ears you can’t expect people to be enthiousiastic for a new CM as it seems it’s basically just another blue that ignores us?

1 Like

S21 = lightning breath is a projectile, so dervishes reflect it, dead hero
S22 = clones with projectile attacks, so dervishes reflect it, dead hero

At this point, people that play hardcore have to wonder if there’s any point what-so-ever in providing feedback about this sort of thing. Blizzard were told that these things would lead to unavoidable hardcore hero deaths and not only did they fail to even acknowledge it, they went straight to live with it. A quick look at the Bug Report forum since S22 went live will find a number of threads from players who have lost their heroes from this.

5 Likes

I got so good at timing and aligning my attacks with Dervish spins. Comic moment when I encounter dervish this season…and slowly looked at that clone next to my character dishing out milions of damage like there was no tomorrow.

Exactly so. Issue is they still can do two things:

They can channel our feedback and hand it over to the devs, assuming the devs don’t lurk around here and read stuff on their own.

And they can share insights as to why certain decisions were made by the devs and how things will continue.

This is why a lot of wizard players are not amused right now, myself included. They throw random stuff at us, destroy working builds in the process, and we don’t even get a single comment about their reasoning. One look at the wizard forum and the ptr threads regarding the wizard specific changes is enough to see how “satisfied” many wizards are. We expressed our concerns, some more polite and detailed than others - especially around Etched Sigil.

Essentially you will find few who would really approve what happened to this item in 2.6.10. The impact of all these changes is huge for a lot of players, yet we are left in the dark, not only about their reasoning behind this but also about their future plans for the class.

I went against my own plans and still created a wizard, just to get things going. Will switch to Necro now, though, because I hate what you did to my favorite class. You won’t ever get me into playing DMO, so I went for LoD Channeling and I tried the Twisted Sigil… Hell no, I can tell you, it feels so damn annoying and weird when I compare this to Channel Meteor Shower. And it’s really scary how unreliable this is - just a little impression from personal experience:

Tal Rasha set dungeon is a walk in the park, I’d go as far as calling it a no-brainer. I NEVER had problems finishing that thing with be it with a channel build, with Arcane Orb or Meteor, never ever during all prior seasons since set dungeons are required… no issue. Just equip the set stuff, pick four different skills, wear Aetherwalker and hop through. I was always able to master it on the first try, even with close to junk gear or paragon below 100. No issues. This time, with Twisters, I had to try this crap five times! I loathe Energy Twister… always did, always will. Give my Meteors back!

Enough venting… will play Bonespear Necro now. Loads more fun compared to the crap you forced on wizards. Clearly shows you can do it, if you try devs.

4 Likes

I think the last time I’ve been enthusiastic over a new blue was when Kazua had joined, however that enthusiasm quickly died out. As such I don’t feel any sort of enthusiasm over new blues, so I certainly wouldn’t expect others to. However, showing open disdain for them over Blizzard’s actions won’t do anyone (us or them) any good.

For all we know, they may do exactly that. However if the Devs or anyone above simply looks at it and toss our ideas into the trash bin saying that they stink, it’s not like the cms can respond back to us and say “Hey guys, the developers hated your ideas because they want you to play twister THEIR WAY. If you don’t like it, then play a different class.”.

This isn’t something that I would fault the cms on. Instead I’d fault the whole of Blizzard itself on this lack of communication.

CMs will comment when they feel like it. Such is life.

So sad though that the only time you play a wizard is in the challenge rifts. All that feedback and crickets…

… well, no matter how you look at it - that’s how non-communication will be received from a player’s perspective. I don’t blame the CMs, though.

1 Like

No disagreement there, which is why I said plenty of time throughout the ptr that it would’ve been nice to hear their thoughts and/or reasoning for the changes. However if the blues aren’t able to give us said thoughts or reasoning due to reasons like be disallowed to; then there’s nothing any of us can really do, besides either sucking it up and hope for a better patch later on, blaming the changes on the CMs (the messenger) which would be entirely pointless imo, or just stop playing the game.

Some of the feedback I read points to outright absurdity of the recent patch. Clones causing reflect damage to kill other players is some wacky feature.
It’s up to developers to act upon the feedback or pass this as the “artificial difficulty” or Flavor of the Season, though. CMs have nothing to do with the developers’ decision.

Get used to it…three Community Managers and we in the Console section have had one Blue post in 1 year and that was “we do not favor PC over Console”.

Add in the fact they botched the S22 start on console and we have had zero communication on it.

Seems being a Community Manager doesn’t mean you manage the community via communication.

6 Likes

I mean, I’m not a big twister fan either, but I really didn’t find Tal’s dungeon that bad with twisters. I did it twice, once in SC and once in HC for the conquests. Failed one when I got bitten by a rockworm, so I went 2/3 across both difficulties.

I didn’t find it that bad with Aether Walker + Ranslor’s.

I’ve always preferred meteors over twisters for the channeling Etched Sigil playstyle though. Twisters have never really interested me. So I hear you there. I got twister gear early so I did LoD Twisters for a bit to start the season in SC (I saved the gifts for HC), but I haven’t really touched it again since I finished Vyr’s. I don’t hate it, but it’s just not quite my cup of tea.

Give me a break. It’s not their job to comment on stuff like this.

A) They have nothing to do with it
B) They are limited to what they can comment on
C) You do not speak for everyone

2 Likes