New and Improved Blade of the Tribes

All of the bonuses got consolidated and its an 800% damage bonus to earthquake and avalanche. Pre-patch, doing a 115 grift was a challenge. Now, it’s pretty easy (sub 10 minutes). Going to try some higher stuff once I farm some keys. What do you think of the change?

I think your weapon has 200%affix+800%. However, the newly dropped weapon does not. The consolidated bonus won’t change that much.

I Just looked and you are correct. As it stands now with 1000%. Its pretty decent. I think it needs both.

Far more than that sir. It is a 9x multiplier, and then an extra 3x multiplier.

whatever it is, lets keep it going!

1 Like

With the other additive bonuses you usually run with this build, it’s basically 9x and then 2.33x, but that’s still a huge net gain: about 21x total.

That’s not how it’s meant to be- leaving the dibs bonus in there again is obviously just a mix-up. 21x is way too much damage: 19-20 GRs worth. With that I could solo GR 145 or 146 at 3k paragon.

In the updated patch notes, they talk about combining the additive affix and the new multiplier… they obviously just didn’t quite implement it as fully as they meant to: PTR 2.6.10 has ended! - Diablo III

3 Likes

I thought that too. Now I wish they buffed HotA…

I’m gonna keep pushing for that- hopefully next patch!

2 Likes

Just stop. Let us have some %#&^%# fun for once.

4 Likes

new buff to blade of the tribes is a good start but not quit enough

just double:

• Earthquake (mote set?)
  • Avalanche (mote set?)
  • Seismic Slam (mote set?)
  • Hota (ik set?)
  • Charge (ik set?)

and they are all in the right ballpark :wink:
2 buffs for 5 viable skills would be a really nice deal

2x for those isn’t even quite enough. Free and I talked about the numbers here: Barbarian Balance Requests for 2.7.2 (?)

3 Likes

I was right in that the dibs bonus won’t make it to Live, but they’ll need to retcon older versions of the item. Remember to file bug reports, folks!

a theoretical 145 or 146 is right in line with other top builds no?

WHY NOT LEAKQUAKE TOO? :wink:

1 Like

Is that the build where your character is incontinent?

4 Likes

My characters are in continental Europe. Does that count?

1 Like

Hmm, I guess that depends on whether it’s more like “inflammable” (i.e. flammable) or “insoluble” (i.e. not soluble).

Also: I thought you lived in the UK!?

Yes, it’s the fire build :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do, but I didn’t want minor things like facts to get in the way of a good punchline. :wink:

1 Like

Alright, good to know… in that case, I hereby certify your characters to be officially incontinent!

If you experience a burning sensation, don’t worry… as Apache says, this is a fire build, and some inflammation is expected…

Leakquake ftw!

It takes “jump and dump” to a whole new level!

Seriously though, 21x seems about right. Unless they add new items, or buff old ones, that is the power level that would make it a top build.

Wasn’t boulder toss a thing at some point? I get how seismic slam and earthquake go together lingo-wise but there could be more interesting gameplay mechanics. Weapon throw could use some love. Same with ancient spear.