New ancients COMPLETELY NULLIFIES legendaries

It honestly would depend on how powerful the legendary powers will be in Diablo 4, after all if they’re powerful enough, it wouldn’t matter how unusual or unique legendary items affixes are rolled, they would still be inferior to a legendary imbued rare item. On the other hand, If legendary powers aren’t overly powerful, then I wouldn’t mind legendary items to roll with their own set of affixes that’s unique to each individual item (similar to Diablo 2). That said, keep in mind that legendary items aren’t to be the rarest rarity type, that title will belong to the Mythic tier items (which may be subject to change of course).

I just mean to give them something special on their own
If they identify themselfes on their legendary power, they are not special anymore because every item can have them
So id rather see them having something else, no other item can have
And then adding the legendary power only as a consumable

I never said their solution was optimal, or that it didn’t cause other problems. Of course it did, but this is what they chose to do.

I think the D3 development team had a long history of making bad design decisions and doubling down on them. They didn’t address the root causes of problems or think through unintended consequences of their solutions. I don’t think they intended for legendaries to rain from the sky while playing, or that power creep would have them stacking multipliers of thousands of percents so players were doing trillion-damage hits, or that they’d have players botting 24/7 to take advantage of the infinite scaling of the paragon system.

There are plenty of faults to find, but it’s a longer discussion that needed to simply point out that the D3 devs had a problem and chose a particular solution to it.

I don’t disagree with that.

Oh I think your right about it not being intended this way.
Just had to chuckle when I read solved :stuck_out_tongue:

They chose a path and it turned out to be a spiral, though I do think they should’ve seen it coming.
Just hope the D4 devs take a long term view at D4 instead of the short term solution that brings more troubles in the future.

With consumables that add an affix to a piece of gear of your choice somewhat like jewels in D2, the consumables should not duplicate affixes on legendary items. I don’t have a problem if some of the consumables confer a unique affix but they should not duplicate legendary items. Actually, some of the consumables should confer something unique provided it is useful.