New ancients COMPLETELY NULLIFIES legendaries

So far as they have stated, they will be. Look at the playable demo videos from Blizzcon. They had 3 legendaries available. They were each unique and pretty cool. traps and fireball, ect… But even since then, they have changed the items and removed Atk/ Def on each item.

As of now, their main theme has been build diversity. If they stay with this, We should have a mix of rare and legendary items.

They are not unique anymore, when you can craft this effect into any rare or magic item…thats the whole point

I said it in this post: [D4] The problem with legendary powers (and solution)

That those build-defining legendary affixes should be moved onto the new talent tree in D4.

This way we can keep items rare and not mandatory to any playstyle. The playstyle is done by choosing between what talents are you being offered, and thus everyone that reaches a certain xp lvl would have access to them.

I actually like it
Maybe you have something like charm slots in your inventory and equip those legendary charms in there
But still grinding them would be fun
Maybe even with some other affixes and stats to make it more interesting
But then again they will have to balance the issue that legendaries are BiS and rares and magics fall behind
That was their main goal

I suppose we’ll have to wait and see. I wouldn’t imagine that their droprate would be that common to be honest.

That’s because you are trapped in D3 view of items as build-defining.

Remember that D4 has skills that have ranges, points to allocate and empower said skills.

Remember too that D4 has a talent tree besides those skill point choices and that at the moment is quite tiny or has no clear purpouse.

Shift those legendary-build-defining to talents that unlock the more you develop into a skill, with crosssynergies between some.

Now you have a build as it should be, the decisions made on your character through investing points, with the gear slots free to stack on dmg/defense/proc chances, no mandatory BiS strict gear as it is now. It could be a rare with +skills to the skills you are using, a legendary with big damage boosts, etc. Much more flexibility.

Comment here if you agree and for the devs to see it: [D4] The problem with legendary powers (and solution)

So would you suggest to get legendaries out of the game, in this case
I AM NOT stuck
Blizzard is

No way.

What I’m saying is that items serve a purpose. Have a scope.

Shifting the legendary powers, more precisely, the ones that affect/modify skills and make builds in D3, including sets, to the talent tree is what I mean.

Items remain cool, a legendary affix like ie Schaefer’s Hammer or any neutral legendary not tied to any particular class (in D3 i mean) could stay, they should be RARE and never absolutely mandatory to a particular playstyle. They should affect stats, affixes, attack/defense/procs/etc.

Yea i sup that
They should be renamed to uniques and just give crazy stat and affix situations that you otherwise dont have
Making them very special but not very strong

Yeah special in the sense that they always come with the same collection of affixes even if the values that these affixes take have a range.

Maybe you find a rare item that surpass them in power, but it might take you a loooooong way to find said rare, to spawn with max value range on the affixes you are after.

What??? Solved…don’t you mean they ignored the problem and just pressed the famous double, tripple, quadrupple, etc button.

Lol

Anyway if the OP haven’t noticed itemization is probably the biggest elephant in the room to address.

I have no problems with finding a super nice rare that maybe has the attack speed i need or a + to a certain skill and then using a consumable to make it a legendary with additional bonuses.

We still have set items with set effects; so taking away the special affixes of legendary and rare items would probably just make set items more powerful and thus mandatory.

We could also just drop consumables in the world that you can craft on your grear to get those set boni :smiley:
U realise, this is a clown fiesta?
Just to satisfy the community with more item variety without thiniking about the purpose of rarity types?

They definitely won’t do that.

But its the same idea
You make the original rarity type just
meaningless
By replicating its unique feature and placing it everywhere in the game

Same idea or not, they won’t have set effects drop as consumables.

I don’t consider legendary powers dropping as consumables to be a problem as Diablo 3 already does a bit of this in the form of Kanai’s Cube

1 Like

I said this to make you understand the problem
To continue the conversation from before i think, it would be a good idea, to just make legendary items, uniques again, without the legandary effect at all and only, unusual, impossible stats and affixes
They would remain unique and useful in certain scenarios but not superior to rares
Then, you can farm and place the legendary items anywhere you want
Its still balanced but they actually have a thing on their own and are not just precrafted legendaries that noone will use in lategame, because you can craft better ones on your own
Should it be the goal of the rarest rarity type, to educate players about affixes in the early game and then get tossed away?

It honestly would depend on how powerful the legendary powers will be in Diablo 4, after all if they’re powerful enough, it wouldn’t matter how unusual or unique legendary items affixes are rolled, they would still be inferior to a legendary imbued rare item. On the other hand, If legendary powers aren’t overly powerful, then I wouldn’t mind legendary items to roll with their own set of affixes that’s unique to each individual item (similar to Diablo 2). That said, keep in mind that legendary items aren’t to be the rarest rarity type, that title will belong to the Mythic tier items (which may be subject to change of course).

I just mean to give them something special on their own
If they identify themselfes on their legendary power, they are not special anymore because every item can have them
So id rather see them having something else, no other item can have
And then adding the legendary power only as a consumable