NetEase Founder/CEO steps down

you mean the kind of strength that when mocked by a TV show like South Park he gets so upset and demands an apology and when it didnt happen he threw a tantrum and banned them

thats not strength thats signs of a deeper underlying issue like an inferiority complex

a mature adult would laugh off such mockery theres no shame in harmlessly poking fun at others it shows a lot of character to laugh at yourself in such a situation

thats what mature adults do they ignore such harmless behavour

2 Likes

Basically, yes. It’s a different culture. Defending your honor is much more important over there. And if you don’t, you are illustrating yourself as weak. It might seem petty from a western perspective, but is what it is.

tanks and lethal miltary force used on unarmed protesters on June 4 1989 just because they wanted a more democratic ruling party how much honor do you think they showed that day?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests_and_massacre

but enough taking this hard left turn the point is supposed to about the ramifications of what is to come with the Founder and CEO of NetEase now out of the picture and what it could mean for the future of gaming in China now since they were in charge of the biggest gaming company

2 Likes

Their totalitarian crackdowns are a different issue. And like I said, this is horrible stuff. You do realize someone/something can be 99% wrong, but 1% right on its stances, right?

my opinion is both of those guys leaving thier jobs is a good thing if it sends a message thru the gaming industry and gives rise to changes concerning oversight into how they treat their players with less agressive marketing tactics

if they want to make money from ingame shops then it needs to be less intrusive and purely optional the items are not influencing game play in any fashion whatsoever and are purely for aesthetic purposes only

I can guarantee that their resignations have nothing to do with players or how they are treated, nor monetization schemes. Nearly every major resignation, let alone a dual resignation like this one, has cultural implications. They either left to avoid further retaliation against them for cultural offenses or they were ordered to leave to shift the spotlight away from whatever the government deemed offensive. That’s how Xiping’s version of the Communist Party works.

4 Likes

China leader gave him an option to step down or else.

I would hate to have been born in China.

1 Like

Well, the Chinese at least have pseudo capitalism. And the Americans don’t even have that. One only continuous social parasitism.

The Chinese government owns all the corporations. They can’t operate without permission and must do everything the CCP asks. Look up what happened to Jack Ma Yun the former CEO of the Alibaba group.

Nonsense. It’s not perfect but it’s quite real.

Because genocide, slavery, racism, and rampant government corruption are Chinese culture we should admire. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

More than likely, but let’s not get in the way of the rampant conspiracies about how this was brought on by DI and Blizzard and not the reality of the gaming market regulations being tightened by the Chinese government.

2 Likes

That’s every people and country. Odd you cherry pick tho.

This is complete an utter nonsense. In most places it’s a few random cases. In China it’s National Policy.

3 Likes

No, we do. Dont confuse political ethos with culture. Plus many people outside coastal diverse enclaves are very regionally American. Southern, Texan, Midwestern…

They need to pay you more to spread the CCP line…

1 Like

Why? The brainwashed gladly do it for free.

2 Likes

Imagine believing your country isn’t just as corrupt as China. I’ve already explained how China has some major problems. NPCs only see in black and white.

Degeneracy of the west? You do know that China is ruled by a dictatorship right?

2 Likes

given the arrogant attitude in this interview hes not the only CEO that needs to leave his job

www.ign.com/articles/blizzard-ceo-defends-diablo-immortals-controversial-microtransactions

1 Like

I can’t deal with this much cognitive dissonance. When was the last time any country other than China used a harmless religious sect for forced organ harvesting on a mass scale? Moral equivalency is a scam.

4 Likes

If you think America is “just as corrupt” as China, you are mentally limited. Your foreign troll game is poor.

Glad you admit China has problems. Those problems are far worse than anything we have.

1 Like