Nerfed Seasonal Altar worth it to you?

So just curious as to what you guys are thinking of the nerfed version of the altar. I, myself, don’t really feel it’ll be worth the hassle each and every season. Sure the quality of life features are nice but everything else is really unnoticeable. Especially the +5% bonuses that were once the +25%.

The altar absolutely, positively should have been released to NS. After maxing it out already and realizing this “permanent feature” will need to be maxed again in 3 months only reaffirms that it should have been available in all modes.

What do you guys think?

3 Likes

I agree, it should be in non season.

3 Likes

totally worth it. staff of herding was easy to get with the changes. benefits are amazballs

1 Like

Some of the quality of life features seem to be worth it but the huge nerfs to some of the nodes have made them kinda pointless.

Do you see yourself maxing it every season? I guess that’s my main question, do people see this seasonal only, not so permanent feature, being useful enough to blast through each season.

With the season journey offering no new rewards to old players, it means less than it used to. Unlocking the full altar felt like the new season journey to me. It’s not perfect, but I’m not particularly bothered by repeating it. (Ask me again in a year, maybe I’ll change my mind.) Those last few slots on the altar aren’t worth much, but it also seems like if I get that close I’ll want to go for the double primals anyway.

Double primals/double legendaries from kadala alone would be worth it, let alone all the QoL on top.

3 Likes

It’s only worth it if one plays that particular season a decent amount.

For me, it’s a fair bit of effort to put in especially if I tire of the season after a week or two. If I play for 2-3 months though… I would put in the effort. The only seasons I can see myself playing that long would be ethereals and crucibles.

Ironically, with the Altar permanent in seasons and having to be unlocked every season, it’s more work that makes me want to play seasons less. They really should have added the Altar and Fissures to NS, let players like me get our D3 grinding out of our system… and when we grow bored of it, we may actually migrate to D4.

2 Likes

Perfectly said! I can see myself using it this time just to do it, but truth be told it really slows down the grind to Guardian completion. Like having to salvage almost everything that you don’t need to get the forgotten souls needed to unlock nodes as opposed to extracting legendary powers to complete certain seasonal requirements.

I’ve got plenty of cosmetic items that I have to earn for my Xbox account and I think I’ll be doing those with the Altar on standby. With luck once D4’s new season starts up (which looks pretty fun!) we’ll get some info on the altar possibly heading to NS.

Yeah, if your goal is getting guardian done and then stop the season, it’s not worth it as you really don’t play enough to have any use out of it.

Just watching pets scurry around picking up junk & salvaging is worth the unlock. All the other powers are gravy. Doing that by hand is 1000x more time consuming if that is your issue. The altar saves time.

Yes, it is absolutely worth the hassle. Not sure what you mean by “hassle” tho. What hassle? Crafting hellfire ammy? Running a bounty set or 3? It’s a nice change of pace for good rewards.

Absolutely not. I am glad they didn’t add it to non-season. No one is there. It is always empty. That whole game mode needs to die, and I’m glad devs didn’t waste any time working on it.

It maybe worth the hassle to you Greenlobstar but I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling it’s not going to be worth the time each and every season. As I said in one of my other posts, who wants to salvage 300 legendary items as opposed to just completing the seasonal requirements if all You’re interested in is the cosmetic items that you maybe missing. I did ask for opinions and you’re most welcome to yours.

And as for you thinking NS should be fazed out… Hahaha! Too damn funny, yes please Blizzard, get rid of NS mode just because Greenlobstar doesn’t play it… :+1::person_facepalming::joy:

I agree with Kargon, the double primals and all QoL features make unlocking the entire Altar still worthy.

Let’s also not forget that 2 of the most powerful defensive nodes remained unchanged, the CC immunity and passability.

1 Like

Yup, I like the (even though nerfed) Altar.

Things I like the best: auto pickup/salvage, CC immunity/passability, Resources on Crit and Double Primals of course.

lol, flat-earther. Yeah, sure people play non-season. No one knows who those people are. No one ever met them. There are no records of any kind to prove their existence…but let’s assume that they exist and there are thousands of them. You cultists are weird. Just give it a rest. If you’re not on a leaderboard, you don’t exist.

Hahaha struck a nerve somewhere with that reply didn’t I Greenlobstar? Hahaha carry on my friend, that leaderboard is waiting for you… :joy: