Nerf Thread on General

The last 4 quotes you provided after Sterps Post, 3 are from August, 1 from July. :confused:

1 Like

The date of the first post in Prokahn’s GR efficiency thread era 11 was August 25. My point was that I have been advocating for barb buffs well before you “noticed” my posts. At that point in time, barbs were underperforming in terms of being a weak class and deserved a buff that they now have received.

Also during that time, I asked for wizards nerfs because they were overperforming. I agreed with Blizzard’s decision to nerf wizards and thorn necromancers as they were overperforming. I am consistent in my views.

Buff the weak, nerf the overpowered. This is an opinion. Some people want “Only buffs”. Neither opinion is right or wrong. Some people like to eat chocolate, others don’t.

In terms of game design, I think “Only buff” leads to unnecessary power creep and given that top group are clearing in 4 man GR 150 in under 5 minutes, buffing all class to GR 150 (which would be necessary to get classes to the current crusader level) would further trivialize 4 man groups. Some people don’t care. I understand their opinion but disagree.

Now you are Jumping around like a flea an a hot plate, chill out, you don’t like getting caught lying do you? :hushed:

1 Like

If I accused someone of lying, I would provide evidence rather than a vague unsubstantiated allegation.

For example, person X claims person Y never asked for buffs to a specific class. If person Y provides multiple quotes that demonstrate otherwise then I would believe the veracity of person Y.

I have linked previosuly several articles on confirmation bias and motivated reasoning . We all do it to differing extents for various issues. The psychology of this is fascinating.

Just look at the Dates from your last 8 self quotes in this Topic none predate:

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

This thread by Prokahn was created August 25. I was the second post. This is the the first GR efficiency thread that I ever posted in that Prokahn made. As you already noted, I asked for buffs to barbs back in July. July pre-dates August. In addition, this thread was from late August. Several of my August posts pre-date the 25th.

1 Like

Exactly what Sterps was talking about.

2 Likes

You initially claimed that I never made a post that pre-dates late August in relation to buffing barbs. Now that you have been shown your error, you are trying to say that I need to provide evidence from years ago. This would be quite easy to do given my post history using the search function in the old diablo 3 forum. Unfortunately, Blizzard recently deleted the entire old forum.

I made ~2000 posts on the old forum that included many posts asking for nerfs or buffs to specific classes. For example, when seasons first came into existence in RoS, I asked for a nerf to marauder DHs even though I mained a DH. Likewise, I asked for buffs to various classes historically including barbs in the old forum.

1 Like

I never wrote that and you know it, I wrote I never noticed any posts of yours before last July.

Your 2000 posts never interested me in the old Forums I guess and if you asked for buffs for Solo Barbs I think I would been interested in them, especially if you made such comments in the Barbarian Forum because I read that one a lot. I don’t recall seeing your name ever in the old Barb forum advocating for Buffs or Nerfs to the Barbs, can anyone else?

As I mentioned earlier, of my ~2000 posts in the old forum, only 2 were in the barb forum. I had checked that before the old forum closed. I did this in part because I wondered why I did not even know Free’s name in the old forum. The overwhelming majority of his post were in the barb forum. Our paths did not intersect. My requests for nerf/buffs were invariably in general discussion and not a class-specific forum. This is part of the reason I talk about observation bias and confirmation bias.

Lets leave it at this where we both can independently document post history.

On the new forum, I have repeatedly asked for buffs to weak classes (barbs and monks, and more recently necromancers). On the new forum, I have repeabtedly asked for nerfs to classes I consider overpowered (wizards and more recently crusaders and barbs).

My allegiance is to FUN. I think it would be most fun if many classes could solo within 4 GRs of each other. I think it would be nice if there is more diversity in 4 man meta.

The problem that I have is for people in the name of balance request a buff to their preferred class when it is weak and then turn around and later say that balance is irrelevant when their class is strong. These types of hypocritical arguments annoy me. I am not saying that you or anyone in specific has done this but just speaking broadly.

Deservedly so…GR150 has been done by a barb and a sader in Season let alone non season.

The goal is GR140 with 10,000 paragon according to a dev post so the nerf bat will most defintely hit in S20 to barbs, saders and potentially wizards to reduce their power.

In S19 I’m smashing GR110’s in 3 mins with the barb…GR135+ is fairly easy for a semi casual player.

It’s OP…its against Blizz’s goal…its unbalanced versus other classes.

Ergo a nerf incoming.

Do I want that? No, I’m loving my barb this season but the results of this season versus what Blizzard have said about their goals for balance in threads (whilst we await that blog post on balance) suggests the nerf bat is going to hit sader and barbs for sure in 2.68 for S20.

That isn’t Barb. It’s the Season theme. Don’t confuse that with the power of a class or build.

2 Likes

Free is right in relation to whether they are balancing on seasons vs. non-seasons. They are using non-season for balance as I replied to you in another thread. Multiple crusaders have cleared GR 150 as you said in non-seasons. For barbarians in non-season, the top as of now is GR 146.

1 Like

Again, Micro has already said he has no issue with people being able to clear GR 150 solo.

Either a massive hypocrite, or a bad troll, with a very clear agenda.

1 Like

You have already been corrected about this misperception. See here:

1 Like

Yep, you said you have no issue with people being able to solo 150.

Troll or hypocrite, makes no difference. More and more people are seeing right through your agenda now.

2 Likes

You will think what you will. My words speak for themselves. I do not control what others think or feel.

Remember that what’s right isn’t always popular, and what’s popular isn’t always right. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

They have, and do, speak very loudly, and very clearly. Your agenda is very clear.

3 Likes

My agenda should be very clear. I like game balance. Buff weak classes. Nerf overpowered classes. Simple, honest, and transparent. It appears that my thoughts on game balance are shared by Blizzard.

It’s tough to make too many decisions about class balance right now when everything has become so skewed by the ability to summon angels to kill the RG. Barb’s true power will be much easier to discern with the next patch as we’ll have to actually do some single target dmg.

If I had a preference, it would be for other barb builds to get buffed, or at least for wotw to take the damage off rend and move it back to the actual ww skill (just b/c of server lag).

2 Likes