Nerf Thread on General

Builds which have tools to actually pull mobs are by definition easier.
The hardest thing is to body pull efficiently on solo, chargé relied on that, hota relied on that, ww definitely not.

Charge was aided by Wreath for aggroing to body pull, and the highest IK HOTA clears began incorporating Rage Flip a while back. IK HOTA also has Ancients to aggro mobs, even if those same Ancients often block doorways or corridors.

I can agree that strict body pulling is more difficult than using Rage Flip, but neither of the builds you mentioned are forced to do rely on the former. And due to their use of the IK set, they also don’t have to carefully manage cooldowns. The toughest part of Charge is wall-charging and setting up the RG; not easy, but pretty gimmicky a la R6.

For what it’s worth, most Diablo 3 builds aren’t overwhelmingly difficult; nothing in D3 is as skill-heavy as what I used to do playing competitive FPS games, but calling Rend a “low-skill” build doesn’t add up when compared to other Barb builds.

No one cares, and if you actually did, you would have taken Ulma’s and my advice long ago.

1 Like

The reason that I write phrases like “Given this, I find…” is simple. First, I provide evidence/data that I base my view/conclusions on. Secondly, I speak for myself. If people share my view, I write “others”, “few”, “many”, “subset”, etc…

I do not write anything on behalf of a community where there is heterogeneity in opinion because that would be audacious and disingenuous.

Anyway, dont wanna start a never ending debate, i have my opinion, you got yours and you showed alrdy many you are not open minded to anyone who doesnt share your opinion.
Give it a rest and stop fighting, blizz devs are clueless about the end game, best example is crus shield nerf which didnt changed anything, it had to be 6p multiplier and they couldnt even find out.
There will never ever be balance because they only randomly buff number and watch what happens next.
Balance is not even the main issue, the fact that everything is variance based is the thing most of ppl complain about.
Easy to see, everytime New patch comes with buffs, majority blast 1 or 2weeks and leaves the game. Buffs are like perfuming dog sh*t, at some point it doesnt make illusion anymore

If you did that, yes, it certainly would be.

But that doesn’t apply to everyone, sailor.

Thank you for speaking for yourself. May I show you into the hall where you might continue that discussion with some furniture or drapes?

2 Likes

The highest charge clear ever achieved, my 135 from last era didnt featured any wall charging, just in case

Are you saying that there is no heterogeneity in the opinion of “Only buff, never nerf” even among the handful of people you explicitly thanked in their support of having a rend modifier on the lamentation belt?

1 Like

He claims that all top barb clears used wall-charging last era. It seems that he is mistaken.

Now that is 3 words you don’t see very often in the same sentence, if ever! :rofl:

Now there is a statement from someone that knows the game inside and out, that you should read over and over and over again, we have been trying to tell you that same thing all along! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Perfect balance is impossible. For solo, a top-bottom 5-6 GR range is possible and has been achieved in multiple eras in the past. There is no reason to think that the prior level of balance can not occur in the future rather than the current 14 GR spread.

How about these combination of words:
Class-specific forum demagoguery leads to self-contradictory and incorrigible arguments.

That was expression of my opinion, everyone can agree/disagree I can be wrong as well sometimes. Anyway, was just Killing time reading a bit while in the underground. Time is precious, sincerely dont waste it for a lost cause.

That’s the first time I have ever been called a “rabble-rouser”, I rather like it in a Barbaric sort of way!

You are totally right this time, it is a lost cause and I am running out of time, the Dev’s are gona do what they are gona do, I just hope they are reasonable about it and don’t get carried away like usual. :thinking:

One thing for sure, is the next PTR is going to be interesting! :sunglasses:
:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

This wasn’t directed at you. I was speaking in general in relation to some posting behavior that has elements of being a forum demagogue.

I just wanted to use a sentence with the words demagoguery and incorrigible.

P.S. I wrote “incorrigible” which is not a spelling error for “encourageable” that sound alike but have different meanings.

If you are quoting me you are speaking to me! LOL
I was very incorrigible in my youth, I was told I was bad and beyond correction or reform, but I am old now, so “rabble-rouser” makes me feel young again, so remember that when you start BSen me in the future. :wink:

1 Like

I quoted that bit because you commented on my vocabulary on the first post with heterogeneity etc… That post was not directed to you but in response to Free. The followup comment was also not directed at you as I said but simply a reflection of using other atypical words. I’m sorry for the miscommunication.

someone needs his big words nerfed. Big words doesn’t equal intelligence…neither do lots and lots of charts.

2 Likes

Apology accepted, I was pulling your leg, trying to get you going so to speak, anyway. :wink:
Actually I was just trying to be the best “Rabble-Rousing” Barbarian on the forums! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :smile_cat:
I am tired of this Balance Nurfs squabble for now :yawning_face: but we will probably cross paths in the PTR, if I decide that I can do anything to help the Barbarian cause. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:
“Spin to Win” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This comment has just killed the self called barbarian expert from forums lmao.

someone with his insane level of paragon probably didn’t need to since he has a super high level of damage. More damage=less charges needed to wipe out elites. Probably built up enough just charging pack to pack.

Every single guy aiming for the top of the ladderboards has crazy paragon, so that is a bad argument.
It just show how many times Free has lied about barbarian perfomance, and people tend to follow their wrong ideas.