Nerf Firebird Wizard!

WD just went over Wiz as well and DH is only a few behind. Fair enough didn’t realize the monk thing was a bug. Still it’s not like Firebirds is completely dominating here unlike live, the Eth weapons are bridging the gap.

I don’t play WD so I can’t comment on that, I do play DH, wiz and monk. I am sure that DH and Monk eth builds are not closing the gap to to wiz. And also blizzard balance things not based on season but based on normal GR runs.

How can they not be?? There’s a bunch of top 137-138 DH clears vs 140-141 wiz. On live there’s like a 12 GR gap lol. And how much GR’s is that bug really adding? If the answer isn’t 15 well then monk Inna and Eth are also catching in comparison to live.

Inna build can’t use Eth the bug adds 15-20GR

That is why FB need to be nerfed lol!

1 Like

Yes but if you nerf it for this season we’d actually be behind due to Eth weapons catching other classes up (or generally being better than wiz Eth) that’s what I’m trying to tell you. So they’ll have to wait a season, which is good because you’d also want to buff some of our under-performing sets to compensate.

Please don’t make this non-sense, the ETH has a huge advantage for intelligence class, and wiz FB is actually one of the most beneficial class from the insane 2H +300% damage weapon. The leaderboard Wiz is not pushing hard, but I believe it will reach 145 soon.

It is already GR 143 with just level 25 Pet gem with MI build, and paragon 2000.

So long as you don’t make nonsense as well, I’m just going by the real data here and actually play tested this, you however seem to think a leveled enforcer actually does something where it does not. Mirror images does not benefit at all from pet damage.

And the 300% skill damage is not as good as you think for the build or everyone would be using it. It’s missing a lot of key stats to make it truly godly and it’s still a good sacrifice, maybe if it had critical hits gain arcane power or something instead of useless mana regen, vit, all resist or CHD/CC/IAS…anything.

They is correct, my fault.

Wizard is overpowered as compared to other classes and absolutely needs to be nerfed.

Wizard will overshadow the new monk set and every other class.

2 Likes

I’ll admit error in saying monk is caught up with Eth weapon and past wizard as well, apparently that is 100% the bug doing that and Innas isn’t that great on it’s own, so my fault on that.

Wizard star pact nerf = unplayable today … they didn’t even leave it in a playable version without an archon !!! wd nerf 3x spirit barrage from ptr to make it an almost unplayable set that is overly weak. Now comes about 5x nerf crusader Heaven fury and nerf necromancera bone spear! So why keep the wizard mirror image so strong? Either everything or nothing? Let there be balance !!! Who should enjoy it then?

2 Likes

My guess is that dev’s friends enjoy playing wiz so they ask dev to keep it strong. Think about the new 2H Eth weapon, wiz get +300% damage yet barb only +200% why?

Dev is always clueless on what they are doing since they do not play the game so they can’t balance it.

In order to pretend that they know the game, instead focusing testing and balancing the numbers of existing sets (which is so simple if you actually play the game), they start to make set changes with awkward mechanic.

This game balance is pure pathetic

1 Like

well, obviously there is a reason and it’s understandable.
you simply cannot compare barb and wiz weapon stats like that. offhand stats but most importantly offhand affixes are alot more valueable for a wiz in almost any case. alot of barb builds cube furnace or just cube their multiplier to use Istvans blades.
That’s nothing compared to a huge multiplier cubed and mandatory for most wiz builds (FO, Twister, Hydra, …)
Those 2 classes function very differently for that manner.

what I think they didn’t thought about is that FBs already strong MI interaction is buffed by that 2h eth by a pretty significant margin.
that’s because FB got 7 available set items and is not bound to a specific weapon/offhand multiplier. so it can easily use that 2h weapon without making an actual sacrifice for it.

we have to wait and see what actual changes they can make with the given PTR feedback and data.

:-1:
Even the other builds was trashed it doesn’t matter that this practice must be in future.
Don’t nerf the firebird. Boost others to their level.

1 Like

You are talking about nonsense.
They nerf other builds from current FB level to the ground. So boost what?

The only reason FB is not touched is either a bias in dev team or maybe from a trend to keep OP build for two seasons and then thr nerf, for example the necro case.

1 Like