Need help- Banned I think but not sure of which reason

Sorry for the double post, please delete other post.

I initially had PD2 mod installed with D2:LoD and thought that was the reason, but after waiting quite some time with a clean install I still couldn’t log in to Bnet. I did see they share some of the same files though and wonder if that’s the reason. I do also have a VPN and wonder if I forgot to turn it off one time. Anyway, I guess I am hoping it is temporary and I don’t have to uninstall PD2 completely.

If you use a VPN, you will get a temp IP ban. If you change your IP, you should be able to log back in.

The mod won’t do it, I don’t think. A VPN will, as will quite a few other things you might not think of. The standard VPN ban is 2 weeks from the last time you logged in using it. So don’t do it again or it extends the suspension.

Here is a full list of the stuff that old Bnet auto detects and suspends for. It is an old system and imperfect, but helps keep bots somewhat under control? Not great, but not as bad as it was.

Awesome, thanks for the response. It must’ve been the VPN then. I have like one character at lvl 5 so it’s no big deal or anything. I just was excited to play before D2R came out, but I guess I’ll stick to single player.