Necromancer - Haunted Visions, Simulacrums and Final Service interaction appears bugged

I know how this report might look like initially, but please allow me to state the problem before the judgment :D.
I suspect there’s a bug on Necromancer in the interaction between a few items and a talent - Haunted Visions, Simulacrums and Final Service talent.
I died twice on HC this season, I’m not angry or upset with ‘pLS ReSToRE’ tantrum, but the first time I died I was like ‘ok, my fault’ until a death occurred also today on my second Necro. I wore Haunted Visions necklace and had Simulacrums active in both cases, but at the time of death today I am positive that the Talent Final Service did NOT procc. From the engagement with a rare to my death was a split of a second I could not react to - and granted the talent provides a 4 second immunity from damage, this happened in a time it took me to say ‘what.’
I browsed through the forums and reddit before writing the report, and I found numerous similar ones, including a famous Diablo streamer who did mention this bug too, but neither with a confirmation from a Diablo developer.
Is this a bug? If this is indeed a bug, is there anything that can be done? (other than ‘don’t wear it’?)