Necromancer fun in HC?

Hi everyone. I am a HC season player only, and I wanted to ask you a few questions.
Since d3 came out, my favourite class is the barb, I find the gameplay and the look really fun ( well not whirlwind, which I don’t play often)
I wanted to know if the necro was viable with his starting set for HC s22 ?
And if it was fun to play.
Thanks for the answers !

The necro is usually not very recommended in HC because most necro builds are squishy, but in season 22 we should at last have a relatively tanky necro build: the Bone Spear! Just make sure to put rubies in the chest and pants for more armor and maybe equip or cube a ring which provides more defense (such as Lornelle’s Sunstone) and you should be good to go. And it is indeed very fun to play! :slight_smile:

Necro is great in HC you just need to build toughness
check out my necro called Damnit if you’re looking for some beef

there are a lot of ways to get damage reduction stacking, I get it from my chest, shoulder, belt, ring (eternity) pants with golem up, and my gloves do the rest combined with ice climbers (so you don’t get slowed down to a crawl)

It’s flat 260mil toughness and stacks to over 1.5 billion when I take 5 hits from enemies.

There’s also always the goldwrap belt as long as you’re not pushing greater rifts, it’s UI breaking toughness, with a couple gold find affixes you will have over 1 trillion toughness which is more than the pylon that makes you immune to dmg lol. You need the gem from the hoarder though, need to cube a puzzle ring for that.

S22 set is the top dmg set at the moment, and lets you be far away from enemies anyway, but also has great DR built in. find a haunted visions and you’re off to the races. you can cube armor or belt for extra DMG reduce.