Necro upgrade scythe bug

I wish this wasn’t true, but I’ve been practicing leveling up Necromancer fast. One the ways to level up quickly is to upgrade a rare at the beginning of leveling. 100% of the upgraded scythe I used in cube were reilna’s shadowhook. I’ve done this literally a dozen times. Please fix this. I’m aware that the RNG in this game is horrendous but this has been ongoing and since I just got the Necromancer a couple of months ago, I would like to level one up with upcoming season 21 and have a better chance at getting something other then this legendary weapon as it takes a year to level with. Thanks.

Please read the pinned topic “How to Write a Good Bug Report”

There is no details in your report.

Were you upgrading rare level 70, 1-H or 2-H scythes? What were the outcomes?

There are 4 possible 2-H scythes, you should NOT have 100% chance of getting shadowhook. If you did, that was a bug.

1 Like

I don’t believe this is a game bug. Out of 12 times, upgrading Level 70 Rare 2-handed Scythes, it is unlikely you would get 12 Reilena’s Shadowhook Scythes, but it is not impossible. You are more likely experiencing a case of bad RNG.

You currently have 2 Seasonal Necromancers. One is Level 70 (1300). The other is Level 5 (1300). I’m assuming you’re upgrading the Rare Scythes with your Level 70 Necromancer since the only Legendary Scythe available to Tester at Level 5 is the 1-Hand Funerary Pick. The Two-Handed Reilena’s Shadowhook does not become available until Level 20. At Level 25 the Two-Handed Maltorius’ Spike becomes available. At Level 35 the 1-Hand Trag’Oul’s Corroded Fang becomes available. At Level 50 the Two-Handed Bloodtide Blade becomes available. At Level 61 the 1-Hand Scythe of the Cycle becomes available. And finally, at Level 70, all Legendary, including Set, items become available.

Source: D3 Planner Data - Kadala

If you know which Scythe you want to use to level up with, it would probably be to your advantage to level your Tester to the minimum Level needed for that Scythe and then gamble for it with Kadala. If you don’t get what you want from her, you can craft Rare Level 70 Scythes and upgrade them in Kanai’s Cube before Tester levels up anymore, restricting the number of Legendary Scythes available to her and increasing your chances of getting what you want. (Although, I’m not sure if upgrading Level 70 items will yield a Character-Level Legendary item).

Note: If the Scythe you want is not available to you until Level 70, then you might as well gamble and/or upgrade Rare Scythes with your Level 70 Necromancer, Selene. However, in this case, you will still be subject to the bad luck (or good luck) of RNG. Hopefully, your future attempts will be filled with good luck.

And don’t forget, if you end up with a Level 70 item for Tester, you might also want Selene to Level a Gem of Ease to Rank 25 and Socket in the Scythe. Better still, place the Rank 25 Gem of Ease with the Scythe in Kanai’s Cube to remove the Level Requirement. Then you can put a Ruby or Emerald in the Scythe to make it even more powerful with the advantage of being equipped by a Level 1 Character.

That is irrelevant. The OP is upgrading rares in cube.

You forgot to include the first part of that sentence:

I was merely explaining why I suspected they were upgrading Level 70 Rare items with Selene and not with Tester.

I didn’t forget it. That part is irrelevant too. Character level is irrelevant when upgrading rares.

In fact, your entire reply is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Looks like a case of bad RNG. Not a bug. Tried it on both a level 70 and level 1 Necro.

For level 1 necro: upgrading 10 2-handed scythes yielded: 3 Bloodtides, 3 Spikes, 3 Nay’rs, and 1 Reilena’s.

https://i.imgur.com/Pz6FaN7.jpg

Then its true, that I just have bad RNG. Because I didn’t get any of that while testing. And it’s been a lot more attempts since this last post. I’d say now its 90% of getting Relina’s shadowhook. The other I got was definitely not bloodtide. I got 2 spikes and 2 or 3 Nay’rs. If you ask how many attempts this time, I’d say 40ish or more now.