I absolutely love the Army Of The Dead crucible power, however, I could totally do without the screen shake lol
Been play testing the Death Nova Crucible Power.
Feels Underwhelming and difficult to judge what the Blood Spirits are actually doing. I suspect they are Bone Spirit-Possession, but I haven’t really noticed their damage or effects too often.
Perhaps their Damage could be increased to make it more noticeable that they fired off.
Edit: After playing around a little bit more, I do see the spirits fire off, some times comically large amount thanks to Simulacrum spamming. But they don’t hit anything… just just seem to fire off in random directions. Would be cool if they seeked enemies. Otherwise the spirits act like Bone spirit. Which can be a little clunky imo.
I can’t even tell if the death nova crucible power is even doing anything
Possession or Fear, not really obvious, but I suppose they proc Krysbin 3x
I dont think there’s a graphic put in for them yet?
I fear that the AotD power is so good it’s going to be either nerfed or scraped complety.
I like the screen shake feels EPIC. I know it’ll get the nerf bat but as long as they are reasonable about it, I’ll be happy. I might even play through the season if they don’t mess it up too much. ![]()
Clearing 150 at p1000. Yep i think so.
I ran it in D3planner before the PTR dropped. Its roughly a constant 8 quadrillion damage autocast with 155% ms. It can cap out at 14 quadrillion DPS if you go full glass canon.
The nerf bat cometh.
Yes the season theme for sure needs a nerf but i would love if they change the helmet you cube on rathma to be a multiplier instead of giving skilldmg so you can actually still play groups after the nerf.
I was using the Death Nova one for awhile, it took a couple of hours before I noticed anything actually happening… i’d some times get 3-5 spirits come out, seemingly in random directions and not really do a lot.
The Army of the Dead one seems much better as it’s a constant barrage, although without using the Rathma set it’s unlikely to actually do much damage.
I haven’t tried the Golem one yet, but that could be nice for a trag/inarius/pest build using corpse lance/explosion, or even a CE LoD build.
I tried the army of the dead thing to see what the fuss what about. SO MUCH FUN. All they need to do is to fix the double dipping for unconventional warfare and it will be fixed. I love the graphics and how busy the screen is. So much going on. Good job with that!
I actually really like it, but like it’s forbearer Moribund Gauntlets, it comes with some caveats.
It’s really good as a corpse battery once charged up. Moribund gauntlets is best at this but LOTD works, too (if you don’t die).
The biggest downside in anything but speed farming is finding a slot for the golem skill. Slots are precious on a necromancer because of how their skills tie into their items for both life and damage. The golem also likes to die a lot so you have to add enforcer which is really doing nothing more than keeping him alive.
In theory it works well, at least for speeds, but it can’t work as well as it potentially should because of the general item and skill slot economy of such a squishy character.
I’ve only tried it on LOD, but hope to play around with it in other sets soon.
Would it help if the Golem power also had the line “Your Golem can no longer die”?
I wasn’t sure what the fuss was about at first since I came in the PTR 1 day after launch with noting more than knowing the patch notes. When I got all the items for the necro when the Death Valley bug on Army of the Dead was still active, I couldn’t stop laughing for minutes. That interaction was beyond funny and also captivating. I would loved it if Blizzard had legitimately left that wonderfully buggy mess of a build exist as it is. Alas that past will remain in a bottle of time posted on youtube.
BRING THE BUGGY DEATH VALLEY NECRO TO LIFE SOMEHOW!
That build was the most fun I’ve had in D3 PTR, just felt perfect with alot of chaos, whish they could make it a build but lower damage ![]()
AotD was hilariously broken… I couldn’t stop laughing for a good 30 minutes while playing it.
After the much needed nerf (although it does feel like it might have been a bit too much - which I think suggests that these seasonal buffs aren’t really doing much), my mashed up build is doing just as well, if not better than that Rathma build.
I’m sitting at roughly 900m-1bn toughness with full siphon blood stacks, with my 50% damage reduction from my Volitions shoulders on top of that. I have something like 280m recovery and about 8-9m hp.
It’s also pretty damn fast, as i’m clearing GR80 speeds in about 2 minutes.
I can clear GR110’s without much difficulty, in about 7-8 minutes. My gems are about 40, 70, and 99 and not everything is augmented.
So i’m actually quite liking the changes to Trag’Ouls.
This is my build if anyone is interested:
d3planner - 887566634 (I can’t post links)
I’m using Army of the Dead seasonal buff, but the Death Nova one works too.
You can put Reilena’s in the cube and equip Funerary and Iron Rose for a little aoe damage to go along with that, or even switch to Bloodtide blade instead of Reilena’s, but you’ll lose a pretty big portion of your Mage damage.
golem skill angelic crucible
This seams to work, but you all forgot one thing.
The loss of John stone ammy -200% damage on 50 stacks, this is a deal breaker,
makes golem a poor choice this pointless will not be used,
AotD is better in the limited skill spots. If it does not due a direct damage boost then it will fail from launch (this golem skill angelic crucible) that means the necro has 2 and a horrible choice no one wants or asked for, this game is build by you for damage and speed, if your not doing that then your wasting your time.
Thank you
Funerary Pick
the pick needs to be corrected please as follows.
250-300% damage increase, all damage.
Just doing damage to three does not help or do much of anything, the Necromancer is not useful for single target channeling
(specifically Nova does not work on single target like rift guardian) very limiting if it is a flat 250-300 damage then more skills are useful then just the current poison only narrow builds. gives more options with out over doing it. shadow hook is in this range with simulacrum but the simulacrum skill is limiting skill choice,
this is a fix that opens new build choices
the bonus from siphon blood - Power shift is good as it is, and should not change.
in testing this weapon if feels like it does not work, only focusing on single target style play is elite hunt and that was the lance build, no one plays that build no one like it. open up the damage to a flat bonus make it more useful and easy to understand, if you try to make it gimmicky with the stupid conditions or narrow working conditions.
no one likes, then it wont be used.
this Scythe was a failed concept from necro release…
please fix as instructed thank you
post the link and highlight it then hit “</>” on the toolbar and it becomes a link to copy easy for others.
https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/
sounds interesting i bet grim/ trang fang (with curses passives) are better than F Pick,
F Pick, it only damages, targets 3 for nova and AotD it is not doing anything exept 3