Natalya, strafe regen

Is it possible to strafe all the time without dropping too much hatred / enough not to run out of it? And how…
Going Dh in S18 I think, so want to try different builds out and saw this one and was interested

It’s possible. I do it every season for the set dungeon. It’s just not that powerful. Maybe with some of the crafted gear it’ll be better. Not as fun as the old TR monk but still kind of fun.

So you need to stack regen and cdr for Seethe/bat companion? And how much regen do you need?

I didn’t do regen, just cdr and obsidian. I rolled cdr on everything, probably not that necessary but for the set dungeon it’s best to roll off all the dmg. Never played with it to see exactly how much cdr you’d need. Just like to make it easy to do the set dungeon in one try holding down 2 keys, strafe and rov.

You can do it with Cindercoat and the Seethe rune on Vengeance. Blood Vengeance and Reaper’s wraps help with it to. Using the grenades rune with Hellcat gives it a little more punch but it’s pretty weak in LoN or the new LoD.

Natalya’s gives a good amount more damage but having to stop to pump Rain of Vengeance can mess up the flow and to me anyway, doesn’t have the same feel as Barbarian WW. WW there was something they did to that that they didn’t do Strafe if they fixed that, Strafe might be on the same footing. For the life of me, I can’t think of what that was though. I want to say it has something to do with proc coefficients but that could be wrong.

1 Like

I’ve done it with Vengeance:seethe and Hexing pants. As long as you don’t have too much attack speed (speed pylons are killer), you won’t run out of hatred.

Here is a quick video of it in action. Not as fast as UE, and not that much fun to play, but it is different.

One issue I have with this has something to do with the game engine: Often, it will drop keypresses, mainly with triggering RoV. Sometimes, when I press the key, it will not trigger. It seems to be an issue with holding down the strafe button all the time. I use a wired mouse and Razer keypad, so I know it isn’t my hardware.