N6M4 Multishot?

So with this season having so many wonderful new ideas and possibilities I wondered if an N6M4 build with Multishot instead of Cluster arrow. After all you only really sacrifice the CoE for it in favor of either a Yang’s recurve or Dead Man’s Legacy.

My question is can this actually work? I haven’t seen much regarding this online so I thought I ask around in the DH community

It works.

Here is some old footage in the Season 16 PTR (free RoRG, cubed CoE):

By 2600 paragon, with a refined setup, we were blowing up GR119 in 4-5 min, at the time it was a little less experience than rat runs. A 3 sentry setup (Yangs cubed + DML worn)

In Season 20 (any legendary power in any cube slot), I stopped pushing at GR125 solo with 1949 paragon. It was more capable though. The setup was CoE + Squirts amulet and DML in the armor cube slot, as you can imagine – it was an extremely glassy build. This was a 5-sentry setup.

In Season 22, you pick DML in 4th cube slot. The build becomes friendlier as you gain extra defenses from Garwulf Cloak in the armor cube slot. GR130 is possible with this setup. You generate hatred, try to keep that Squirts Amulet bonus up and unload in the Fire CoE cycle.

My personal opinion, it’s much weaker than GoD6 HA and everything else — so not worth playing. But if I wanted to be radically different, I’d probably go with N6CC3A3 Rapid Fire over this – which seems a few more GRs competitive maybe 133-135 by end of season. If you crave more power, UE6 / M6 Hungering Arrow are both excellent alternatives.

1 Like

so I guess to get to 2600, just play the GoD build. LOL

Exactly! Not worth it if you care about your end of season top clear/paragon count.

Plus, N6M4 is slow moving and you will find yourself left behind in public groups.

1 Like

If you only want to get the paragons to play the N6M4, go zdh and enjoy 110-130 speeds if that’s a thing you might enjoy :slight_smile:

I loved N6M4 since like 6 seasons ago, sadly it has like no survival, and all DPS is burst concentrated on CoE. You have little control over battlefield and little mobility (be it MS or Cluster Arrow). Both sets are outdated and in need of rework / updates. Hopefully we get something better than what Inna’s for Monk got.

“My personal opinion, it’s much weaker than GoD6 HA and everything else — so not worth playing.”

I understand this is your opinion but I felt the need to chime in with mine…just because some builds are weaker than others, doesn’t mean they’re not worth playing :frowning: I’d much rather play a fun or cool build rather than “the most powerful” cookie cutter one that isn’t fun to play or isn’t cool. Just my 2c though

You should play anything you wish to. This is solid advice for anyone’s personal satisfaction.

My own satisfaction involves some form of competition and a sense of accomplishment with the gear and paragon I’ve acquired. That’s why I cannot encourage this build without a disclaimer: “do not augment until you read this.”

In S20, I played this build. It peaked out at GR125-130 solo, when other classes were able to get to GR140-145. Sure I was about 5-8GRs behind top DH leaderboard clears – it was fine and I was able to look past that. But it was ultimately the cross class weakness, group incompatibility, fragileness and stop-&-go nature of N6M4 Multishot that turned me off. I stopped playing S20 early because it just wasn’t as smooth, and I was a fifth wheel to my friends who were hammering out meta.

Today the intra class power gap is too great. We’re seeing many GR140+ clears with GoD6 HA – so there is zero incentive to play this in for leaderboards.

If leaderboards, paragon and grouping don’t matter, go for it. But know this – N6M4 Multishot doesn’t shine much without a zNec.

The sweet spot is 6-8 min solo GR110-115 clears, where one full hatred fire cycle can demolish an elite pack every time. “I have spoken.”

1 Like

“If leaderboards, paragon and grouping don’t matter, go for it.” Right. And imo, they don’t matter, at all. I like playing the coolest, most fun, swag type builds that players can respect some thought went into them. Of course, I have my time with the meta type builds and stuff too, but I remember playing N6M4 wayyyy back many many seasons ago, and I thought it was basically broken with how good it was (aside from speeds) though I think it was an Elemental Arrow variant before cluster shot got buffs. It was also really cool because no one else really played it (everyone was UE multishot back then for the most part). So I would definitely disagree with you and definitely encourage the build to anyone who wants to try it!

Neither of us can speak for the OP’s priorities. He asked if it worked. That is open ended and subjective. It was met immediately with confirmation that it works, a bit of history explaining how well it works, and then an opinion about it.

Your opinion is different, and that’s cool too. It’s up to him to figure out what he wants to do.

I too enjoyed N6M4 when the most potent flavors were Frost Arrow and Razor Disk – I remember watching Wudijo’s video of a GR90 clear and trying to climb past GR84 myself.

I wrote a post in draft sharing some ways to resurrect this type of playstyle by changing the fundamentals of the Marauder’s set to become N6M4.

It’s kind of funny how we’re willing to see something change when it has little value to us.

What did Inna get? I might have not been playing at that time or forgotten

The same treatment as Seeker of the Light and Roland’s sets. Roughly 20-25% more power.

It got a minuscule buff to 6pc damage. Even Helltooth Gargs WD got more dmg lol (which is still only good for GR100ish).

I mean if you want to make the set competitive or alternative for S22, make it so, just giving it a small % won’t change anything. I think it was 750% per ally and now it’s 900%.