N6God4 possible?

Not at all emotional. Just pointing out some obvious things. And for those liking D3 Planner … Plug it in yourself

Constants:

All Primals
All Caldesan = 110
Primary Gems = 120

N6G4

Offense

• Damage Increased by Skills 68.00%
  • Bonus Damage to Elites 0.00%
  • Attacks per Second 1.84
  • Off Hand Attacks per Second 1.84
  • Attack Speed Increase 15.00%
  • Critical Hit Chance 49.00%
  • Critical Hit Damage +560.00%
  • Area Damage 44.00%
  • Cooldown Reduction 25.94%
  • Cold Damage Increase 20.00%
  • Rain of Vengeance Damage Increase 25.00%
  • Hungering Arrow Damage Increase 30.00%
  • Weapon Damage 2,416,688
  • Elemental DPS 5,336,047
  • Elite DPS 4,446,706
  • Per 650 Dexterity 3.90%
  • Per 6% Crit Chance 8.97%
  • Per 50% Crit Damage 6.54%
  • Per 7% Attack Speed 6.09%
  • Per 20% Elemental Damage 16.67%
  • Per 105-210 Weapon Damage 6.83%
  • Damage Multiplier 47,276.00%
  • Effective DPS 2,106,671,408
  • Effective DPH 1,144,930,113

GoD6

Offense

• Damage Increased by Skills 68.00%
  • Bonus Damage to Elites 0.00%
  • Attacks per Second 1.84
  • Off Hand Attacks per Second 1.84
  • Attack Speed Increase 15.00%
  • Critical Hit Chance 49.00%
  • Critical Hit Damage +560.00%
  • Area Damage 68.00%
  • Cooldown Reduction 25.94%
  • Cold Damage Increase 20.00%
  • Hungering Arrow Damage Increase 30.00%
  • Weapon Damage 2,352,889
  • Elemental DPS 5,195,178
  • Elite DPS 4,329,315
  • Per 650 Dexterity 4.01%
  • Per 6% Crit Chance 8.97%
  • Per 50% Crit Damage 6.54%
  • Per 7% Attack Speed 6.09%
  • Per 20% Elemental Damage 16.67%
  • Per 105-210 Weapon Damage 6.83%
  • Damage Multiplier 656.00%
  • Effective DPS 32,729,623
  • Effective DPH 17,787,839

What am I missing? Maybe Restraint/Focus is not be calculated?
Tried to link the D3 planner.

N6G4 of course boosts all damage by a large amount but the only relevant damage is Hungering Arrow. The GoD set boosts primary skill damage (not all damage), so the d3planner will not show it in that side category.

You therefore need to compare the Hungering Arrow damage per hit directly by clicking on the “Skills/Effects” tab and looking at the skill damage. Also, if using the CoE, you can turn it on or off but to get the time-averaged fair comparison, multiply the Hungering Arrow damage by 1.5 with the CoE effect turned off.

This is what I did for my earlier post with the d3planner setup: https://www.d3planner.com/270601661

Edit: if you need to link d3planner use the grave accent character ` to encapsulate your link and it will appear as https://www.d3planner.com/270601661

I am able to post links directly since I still have trust level 3 powers (you can lose it with inactivity after gaining it).

Ok, DH lord. I guess you must have button cams installed in my house and watch me play. I absolutely understand how N6G4 works. I did say it wasn’t bad for farming. I should have added it’s not that good either since you have to swap out 3 items to be able to kill the RG (2 pieces of Cain’s + CoE). This is also the build Wudijo uses for keyfarming and, last I checked, he’s pretty good. I personally use GoD6 with a lot of speed items to boost and no vengeance.

1 Like

After a point, Key farming hits the RNG factor, which averages the run to 1.5 minutes. RNG meaning distance from one random elite spawn to the next, map layout, walls, Doors … ugh, doors, etc.

You maxed out your gems to 150, I did 120 gems and Caldesan to 110, once I matched that, the GoD6 numbers matched yours, however, N6G4 raised even more.

So here is what is confusing to me …

Edit: NVM, I get what you are saying. It isn’t properly calculating the Primary damage into the Effective DPS for the GoD6, and it is for the N6G4.

But, that means it doesn’t boost anything else. We agree on this …

Nat6 boost damage by 14k% and is not very specific. So lets strip both of those boost, 10k and 14k, and you get what?

primary skill damage benefits from

• Ninth Ciri Satchel
  • Hunters Wrath
  • Simplicity’s gem
  • Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow.
    This is true for both builds.
    With GoD6, that is where it stops …
    In N6G4, 14k% is applied to all other damage as well as Primary. GoD6, 10k% damage only applies to primary…

So if 14k% does not apply, then what does it apply to? Because that 14k% existed before GoD6 came out, or whatever incarnation it was before the 14k%.

A simple test of 14k% being applied or not, just drop down to 4P bonus of both builds. This way, Hungering Arrow only relies on the above modifiers.

D3Planner #
https://www.d3planner.com/657886696
Still cannot link the URL. I guess I have been gone for far too long … five years I think.

Also, is it calculating for the FR rings?

Just look at the Hungering Arrow damage directly in the “Skills/Effects” tab. You can see the formula if you hover over the damage number. My comment about the GoD6 bonus not appearing in the side panel was because it doesn’t apply to all skills whereas the N6 bonus does.

All the relevant buffs and effects are factored into the Hungering Arrow damage which is shown. The side bar could use tweaks. Until then, it’s best to ignore the “Damage Multiplier”, “Effective DPS”, and “Effective DPH” rows in that side bar.

Yes it is. It’s called the Bastions of Will buff in the “Item Effects” category of the “Skills/Effects” tab.

Duh, just remembered. I see what you are saying that it isn’t calculating the 10k% from hungering arrow.

The damage loss for N6G4 should result in a reduction of GR clear ability well within the variation of rift quality, I wouldn’t put much value in comparisons on small-n boards. Especially when the mid-high 120s on PTR are probably populated by people like me who spent half their rift staring at their shadow clones.

And if you want escapability on hardcore next season, again Iria’s Captain Crimson wins here easily. You have an essentially free skill slot since Prep is unnecessary, where you could slide in Smoke Screen. With some practice with the resource costs, I bet you could even use a separate rune from Vanishing Powder.

1 Like