My variant Leapquake

Compared to restraint and focus rings, this variant seems much stronger to me.

Lol… no.

But, if you’re having fun, keep at it!

2 Likes

Why not? When I take focus and restraint, I don’t have a chance to put so high gr without augments.

Your whole setup is problematic.

You use don’t use SS:Rumble, which is bad, because it means you can’t reset Leap quickly.

You break one of the cardinal rules of Leapquake, which is that you always must have either Parthans + Leap:DfA or BR:StP. Without one of those, you’ll die. Which you do. In a 129. Seeing a 7k paragon barb die in a 129 is a sad thing to behold.

Aughild itself is ok, but not great. The elite bonus you get is additive with Furnace, so you’re losing some damage there. It’s not horrible, but it is weaker than F+R.

Those are the biggest issues. I can help you work on your build some more, if you like, or we can leave it at that.

1 Like

Dark, you popped up a few months ago with a video about your build, claiming (if I remember correctly) that yours was stronger. At the time, I told you what was wrong with the build and that you were posting in a forum where the regulars are the most knowledgeable Barbs in the game. So, I don’t know what you expected with a video where you’re pushing 129 with 7K Paragon. With that much Paragon, you should be pushing 135-140 with EQ, and 140+ with Rend.

Like, what is even going on in your build? You’re spamming Slam but without Bracers of Destruction it deals zero damage. What’s the point? If you’re trying to buff EQ, well, the time you spend Slamming is time not spent Leaping and thus you generate far fewer EQs during the rift, and this your total damage output is much, much lower.

1 Like

Not to bash anyone but Dark you might just want to take whatever Rage says as gospel. He cleared 136 sub 4k paragon. Now if you go out and prove us wrong and post an amazing clear then come back here and let us know. 129 at 7k isn’t the number.

1 Like

I watched a few videos on his channel, and while there’s a language barrier, I still don’t understand what’s going on from a game standpoint. In his video about the IK HOTA build, he’s clearing a 124 at 7K Paragon: doesn’t stand in Oculus, hammers worthless trash. No grouping, no Pylon management. Barely clears it in time.

A 124 @ 7K. 38K main stat.

A few weeks before that, he put out a video of him clearing a 119 with Pro-Slam, 39k main stat. Again, he barely clears it.

I’m not trying to dunk on the guy for making content–if he loves what he’s doing, by all means, keep doing it. Art for the sake of art, or something like that, right?

But bringing his content here and explaining to us that his version is “stronger?” That’s not gonna fly, not when his play is objectively terrible for pushing, and definitely not when his build variants are weaker than the standards (despite his claims to the contrary).

4 Likes

135 - 140 ??? The first player of the leader gave 135 … the only way to find out is to put augments everywhere so that there are even chances. Unfortunately, I don’t have another 400+ games to paint all sets, unfortunately. For me with coe and augilda it’s a bigger dps for both focus and res.

It is objectively not.

You will deal far more damage with the standard setup and proper play.

1 Like

Well, language barrier aside, sounds like there’s no help to be provided here. Personally, I’m closing the book on this thread…

Dark, just to be clear, I don’t mean any disrespect, and I apologize if the language barrier makes things difficult. All I’m trying to say is that if you use the standard setup and play the build properly you will have more success when pushing, augments or no, than with your variant.

If you prefer to play your unique setup and don’t care about optimization, by all means, go for it. Having fun is more important than success in a game.

ok … thank you for the info - I’ll test a few more times and I’ll guess it’s the minimum.

1 Like

Last season you could do a lot of non meta builds with the 4th cube. I did a captains and aughild varient. Now its very pre determined with min maxing items.

1 Like

MOTE is still our most versatile set, by an enormous margin. Not only can you play either a Leap build or a Slam build, but each of those has multiple variants that are really close in power.

For Leap alone, you can select from multiple different runes of Leap, EQ, WC, and BR. There are several different options for amulet + bracer. Three different viable weapon setups. Multiple gems possible for our 3rd slot.

Even the Aughild + CoE setup that DN is using here is not bad- maybe costs you 1 GR as compared to F+R. I 1-keyed a 130 using that setup a couple weeks before the follower update.

The real, BIG problems with the setup he gives are no SS:Rumble, no Parthans, and no BR: StP. Those, you cannot do without.

3 Likes