My one request for items in Diablo 4

Hello all,

I don’t normally post on these forums often, and I’m not sure where you can actually send advice to Blizzard since they have asked for fans to give some feedback on Diablo 4. I’m not big into Twitter and social media, so I’m guessing you can’t just E-mail people anymore, so this was my best option.

This topic is kind of piggy backing on what Oxreborn mentioned in his / her thread, and I think it’s very, very important:

Here it is:

I think it is extremely important for there to be loot in Diablo 4 that most players will never find, or at least few find in the first year or so of playing. Diablo 2 was great with this, and had a handful of items and runes that were very rare and valuable. This made me so excited to play the game; to realize that there are items I may not ever find but are out there, and that makes it so much more rewarding and unforgettable if I actually come across one.

They completely did away with this in Diablo 3, and for me, was so boring after you are given every rare and unique under the sun gift wrapped, with a bow on it. Maybe people who never played D2 wont understand this, and I’ve heard complaints saying “well why waste the developers time with items that will never be found?”. That’s not the case. The entire point of the journey is the treasure hunt, to have things to look forward to. I love the idea that not many people naturally found Zod runes in D2, it was exciting.

Anyway that’s my two cents. If they take feedback for D4 or if the devs listen to this, please, please take this into consideration and add rare items that can’t just be found after a months time.

2 Likes