My Little Overpowered Whirlwind Experience

Dear All,

So I threw together a Barb for the first time in a while. Took all of 15 minutes. I used the non-CC build, wearing Lamentation, and cubing Band of Might and Mantle of Channeling. I had a literally-no-level Taeguk, and stayed with my Slanderer-Rogue combo, which I think is the worst build from the other weapon and set options. I think…3 augs? 2?

I ran 115. Was not even that hard. It is too easy, almost no thinking, except making sure to keep Band of Might up. And, it isnt even damage from WW!

I am separately disappointed that there is no HotA/SS two-hand build. I wish there was a way to incentivize using the Gavel or Fury of the Vanished Peak rather than cubing it.

4 Likes

Agreed, think it’s a bit too much, but since the class has been neglected for years, oh well. My main issue with the build is its just so boring, just spin around the map the entire time… ah well.

2 Likes

Don’t we have enough Hota builds? SS I would take, leap is next closest to that.

2 Likes

The bad/strange thing actually is that the ww set does not need the ww ring anymore.

3 Likes

Exactly haha. Its not a WW build now, it is a use-WW-to-apply-Rend. Almost how like the Chantodo build does not deal damage via Archon skills.

4 Likes

Some of us have loved spin to win builds way back from the D2 days. If you don’t like the playstyle that’s fine but at least don’t cry for nerfs unless it’s proven the build far exceeds those of other top tier builds.

WW has been lacking for a LONG time now and I’m more then happy to receive some love for it in any form.

14 Likes

Ive been playing ww since before some here were born.

It is overpowered and should be brought back to reason. Period. And I have played barbarian for the plurality of D3 time.

2 Likes

It can probably do mid 130 with really high paragon which is less than solo bazooka for sure, being able to do 115 isn’t that amazing.

3 Likes

Um…you spin, rarher than hitting 17 buttons in perfect order. No.

1 Like

Just an observation - after many years of seeing people say certain builds are overpowered, followed by a few months later, people being upset that their favourite builds have been nerfed…

Has it struck anyone that if everyone said nothing about them being overpowered, it may never have been nerfed?
Follow this with the statement that “They never listen to us” - It seems that this statement is completely incorrect.

It’s like anything, throw enough mud and it eventually sticks.
As you all were. Sheesh…

5 Likes

Not overpowered at all, this ww rend build not even close to chant vyr pre nerf.

4 Likes

What an awful aegument.

“This build is no better than that degenerate build that is getting nerfed”

And Chant takes some skill. This…doesnt?

1 Like

I think build is powerful, but I honestly don’t think it needs a nerf, and here’s why:

People are comparing new WotW rend with old WotW WW. This is misleading. The damage of old WW scaled extremely well with density. You could barely do GR110 on a normal map, but if you fish for days and get the perfect map, 130 is suddenly doable. This is because of the synergy between PE and AD.

With new rend, though, density doesn’t matter as much. AS doesn’t benefit rend, and neither does AD. The damage curve is basically flat. Because of this, there’s much less benefit from a perfect map with crazy density.

5 Likes

Not responsive. Ww at its best was not this good. This is CONSISTENTLY top notch, and like you said, it isnt the classic ias and area damage ww density build. Its totally map agnostic. You are making my argument.

1 Like

Actually I like the builds flexibility. You can still use it as if it where a density build and it actually does proc AD unlike Chants, so PE can still be a thing with it. Or you can go the other direction and make it more bursty, manual cast Rends, stack the crits, ignore AD and AS and clear 100’s in 2 minutes.

Jesus, you guys get something really nice and gotta pick it apart.
Just enjoy Barbs!

4 Likes

I’m saying what you see now is what you will get once it’s live. We won’t suddenly jump 10 GR’s after people spend enough keys.

Highest PTR clear with WotW right now is 135. Very high paragon, basically perfect gear. This is on par with top builds in other classes.

If it’s OP is not by much.

8 Likes

I disagree. Augs, leveled Taeguks, fishing. This build is not even ww frankly, nor is it rend dot. Its strange.

Yes its easier to play, you mean 1 button because everyone uses a macro to press all those buttons in perfect order, solo reverse archon just has to stay alive outside of archon and group stuff up. But starpact also does ~4-5 grs higher?

2 Likes

Rend is on par with chantodo’s last patch. Sure players will question how 1k paragon cleared 126 in s19 on PTR. Lets not forget chantodo’s in season 18 cleared 126 at 1100 paragon as well. Sure it got nerfed atm, but it received 2 patches of fun.

In my opinion, s19 season buffs is ridiculously op. As long as you keep the kill streak, the 500 kill bonus lets you 1 shot rg. Keep in mind this damage scales with gr tier, so it will 1 shot rg on any tiers. Rend s19 126@ 1k benefit from season op buffs to. Its not replicapable on NS at same paragon.

Rend is strong, op like old chantodos. Ask you selfs with chantodo nerfed, do you want to speed on rats or rend? Ask your selfs before requesting for nerfs.

3 Likes

I agree… The barb got a little OVER tuned. Maybe drop some numbers a wee bit. Just watched somebody speed clear a GR 105 with 750 paragon and 7k main stat on twitch… Feels pretty OP to me.

1 Like