My hype for D2 is unreal, but Diablo immortal doesn’t look bad

I’ve trashed it for years now but the progress they are making with it is serious.

Not gonna back down from my hate 200 percent but it does look promising

3 Likes

You’ve acquired a phone?

6 Likes

Meh, I’d rather play Diablo 3 with a mouse on my PC. My pudgy thumbs would cover half the screen playing D:I…

3 Likes

I’ve been playing Eve Echoes, which is also by Net Ease. They made an impressive job of adapting a massive complex sandbox pc mmorpg to mobile devices. Although recently they made one design decision that may very well kill the game. But still, they’re very competent as a dev.

That’s why Bluestacks exists

Yeah, there is that. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard monitors and blocks it though.

Very unlikely. It’s a Netease game, and netease makes their own android emulator called Mumu.

the graphics looks good for mobile…but the content looks really good. combat, items, new paragon system, im stoked for it to play while im not home… like at work when i have nothing to do lol.

Regarding Diablo: Immortal, our Lead Game Designer, Wyatt Cheng, has a great saying:

"Playing is believing."

I hope players in our fantastic community give this free game a chance; I’m confident they’ll find the familiar Diablo gameplay experience they’re fond of. Thank you for tuning in today, we’re stoked you’re stoked.

10 Likes

Diablo Immortal definetly has some really interesting content… But its on a phone… When I see Immortal updates/news im just like “damn they should’ve added this into D3 instead”. I prefer playing on a PC, I dont really see myself playing Diablo on a phone, I’ll probably just watch youtubers/streamers play it and thats it.

2 Likes

Playing is believing and Nokia is connecting people. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ll give it a try.
But atm I am not very enthausiastic about it. Primarily because of mtx.

I don’t mind one time paying for a game or subsequent content (for example expansions).

I do NOT like to be held back in progress because I don’t want to buy xp boosters, items, things to increase chances of beyter items etc.

Whatever will be for sale in microtransactions, means that those things will be extra rare / held back in normal game play. Or not even available to obtain through normal game play.

And no, a game does not have to be free. I’d rather buy it if that means no microtransactions…

Yes, the presence of microtransactions, definitely can ruin a game.

1 Like

Mobile phone game designed around microtransactions? I am not going to play it in order to believe it. I will wait and see how it turns out, but considering the “quality” of existing mobile games, there is nearly a zero chance that this will turn out to be anything good.

I would “like” to be wrong, but considering Blizzard’s track record, I can’t see that happening. Blizzard has honestly given up on its players and on producing good games, and are instead focusing on money.

1 Like

4 months later…

Does anyone at Blizzard play Diablo 3?

4 Likes

It doesn’t sell legendary items.

Clearly, you haven’t seen enough mobile games out there.

You will be wrong. Diablo Immortal Alpha is out and so far, everything about it screams quality.

1 Like

Does it sell microtransactions? Are the game systems designed around the items it sells? D3 had microtransactions in the Auction House, and the game was clearly designed around it. Look how that fared.

Point me to some quality mobile games then. The ones I have seen are either filled with MTX, obnoxious ads, or are otherwise poor games. There is nothing out there that makes me want to play it, let alone believe that mobile is the future of gaming.

Diablo 3 Alpha made the game to look far better than it released as. I don’t trust the Alpha for Immortal to be an accurate representation of the game. I will wait until the final product to see the outcome, but I don’t have high hopes. I would have rather the development energy have been spent on D2R, D4, hell even making D3 a better game than it is would have been a better target for resources.

This was the latest post from the developers that looked to be of consequence, ie. information on anything upcoming. I figured the thread was worth the read, and I felt like commenting. I honestly didn’t look at the age, heh. I haven’t been on the forums for a while.

It doesn’t sell legendary items and gold. You won’t able to buy any powerful legendary items from its cash shop. You want the legendary item for your character, play the game.

Also, MTX doesn’t mean selling power. If you loathed MTX that much, you will hate D4 too as it will have MTX.

Diablo Immortal will be released this year. They are not going to revamp the whole game at this point. Even the boss battles from Immortal Alpha already feels superior to Diablo 3 boss battles.

And yes they are going to put all their energy into the mobile game because they don’t have a proper Diablo title in the mobile game and obviously they have no intention to see it failed.

2 Likes

Tablet is also an option. It’s way bigger then a phone and it’s also a mobile device.

2 Likes

Playing Diablo on a phone? 'sif

Neva gunna happen.

2 Likes