Muted without Talking? Cant create a game

Hello. This morning a had a very weird issue. I got muted/silenced this is the email i got : alot of other player reported you and u got muted blabla… until April 17…
The weird thing is i never talk in game unless i try to find a group or talk to clannies… The mute itself doesnt bother me because like i said i dont talk much in game… only discord/battle net chat.

the BIG PROBLEM is. I CANNOT start or Join any game. its like i dont exist in the game… i have opened a ticket about it but no awnser… there is a couple topic saying this is a bug. i would like if any GM can dive into my problem and help me? maybe review chat history and remove the ban? like i said i just want to be able to get into the game… thanks

Hi… two things:

1. You can appeal your silence/mute here:
    Contact Support - Blizzard Support
    Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom.

2. There is currently a bug that prevents players that are muted in a Blizzard game to play Diablo III… it won’t let you join a game nor start a new one until your silence ends.

See: Silenced players not able to play for some background information… there is currently no workaround. You should be able to play again when your silence ends.

1 Like

The penalty for a first offence is 24 hours and the penalty period for subsequent offences doubles each time. If you’ve received a silence lasting a number of days, then this certainly isn’t your first offence. I don’t believe the option to report another player’s chat is limited to the public chat channels, it could just as easily be something you said in clan chat that someone reported you for.

As soon as another player starts using abusive words to you in chat, place them on ignore, and leave the party. That’s the way to deal with them, not to join in by slinging mud back at them. As you found out, they can just as easily report you as you can them, and there’s more of them.

That’s over six weeks (42 days). As the initial punishment is 1 day, and the punishment duration doubles for each subsequent offence, that’s… 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64… so it’s your 7th offence. A lot of people would have learned their lesson before that many.

3 Likes

the sad part i have no Idea what happened i never got Muted in the past, i have no clue what is going on, still no awnser from my ticket more then 24jours later…

I have never been silenced; however, from reading threads like this, you should have received an e-mail about the length of the silence. Hopefully, it is the first time, where your silence will be short. I think that the length of the silence doubles each time.

Hi:

You should have received a message from Blizzard at the e-mail you use to log into BattleNet and the game. If you haven’t, check the spam or wastebasket folder for your e-mail programme; depending on your settings, the mail from Blizzard might have been considered as spam.

Also, if you play other Blizzard games (WoW, Hearthstone, etc…), you should know that the silence may have originated on those other games.

I’m not too surprised… I suspect COVID-19 is largely to blame for this. There is a notice on the Support site here: Blizzard Support - Breaking News

2 Likes

Well, if the silence was upheld, that means the GMs reviewed what you said and agreed that you deserved the silence. Whilst the bug means the silence causes you to be unable to play, learn from this, and stop responding in a manner that causes you to be reported.

[ EDIT ]
This was his reaction on the EU forums…

[ EDIT 2 ]
Blizzard’s response…

[ EDIT 3 ]
He’s going back through all his EU and US posts about his silence and deleting them. Heck, he’s even spamming other threads, on completely unrelated topics, about this. He’s no longer just saying he won’t come back after his silence, he’s uninstalled the game, from multiple accounts…

Linked the posts because he’s going back and deleting everything to cover his tracks.

3 Likes