Mundu sb- pirahnado or horrify

Thanks for guides… another question though do you think I should switch yellow gems to red on chest and pants?

If you are pushing your top GR’s, it’s better to use gems that provide armour (Emerald or Ruby - doesn’t matter).

It works nicely with Soul Harvest/Languish, and if you use Horrify:Frightening Aspect… it helps even more.

Ok thanks, will try out red gems. Do you think it will affect much on T16/bounty runs switching yellow to red? :sweat_smile:

For T16 rifts it doesn’t really matter. You should be destroying it either way.

For bounties, much the same. The only time it may matter is if you are doing them in a public group. Everyone does a separate act to save time, so you need to be able to take on the 4 player strengthened mobs on your own.

This again depends on your preference here, if you feel squishy, don’t be shy… use that armour. :wink:

Mundu has so much damage, that losing little bits here and there don’t really swing it too much.

Sorry just realised red on armor is strength, should I be using green one instead?

It doesn’t matter. Both DEX and STR give the same amount of armour.

Alright, will try it out…tyvm :smiley:

Pirahnado is required for solo play. You need it to create density, but is heavily frowned upon in group play. The support Barb will have a harder time grouping if you use it. Horrify is acceptable in this case, but zombie dogs + sacrifice is better.
There has been some misinformation shared about SB mechanics in this thread. I recommend Lexyu guides for details.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfB3cOTvz8

Thanks for the link…

I’ve been getting a bunch Mr ancient and even primal, but have not seen any ancient mundu sets…hmm any other ways to obtain them?

My advice to anyone on this is not to worry about them too much beyond a well rolled ancient version.

Primals will drop when they drop. But if you do feel like banging your head against that brick wall, the best way to try is by using the cube to reforge a legendary with the Law of Kulle (Page 2) recipe.

This requires specific materials only obtainable by doing bounties… and you’re going to need a lot of them if your shooting for a primal. Odds are said to be 1/400.

The best things to target first are obviously your weapon and mojo. The other items (other than perhaps RoE) will not give you much of a boost beyond what a decent ancient will, so don’t worry about those until they’re all you have left to upgrade.

It’s also a good idea to use a second copy of the item to do this, so you can keep wearing the better version if RNGeezus is feeling particularly stingy that day.

Yeap totally got it and agreed.

I’m not to worried about primals yet, just that my mundu sets are not even ancient and I couldn’t seem to get even an ancient of any mundus lol!! :joy:

That is actually one of my main complaints about the witch doctor. In this build, like in every other WD build, the sacred harvester - lakumba ornament combo is essential in order to survive becuase of how fragile the class is. That always forces the weapon slot in the cube to be taken (or at least you have to wear the harvester and cube the other main weapon). Therefore it makes itemization rather monotonous, becuase you can’t go anywhere in high rifts without these 2 items. The good thing is that gives you more intelligence when you use soul harvest which leads to more damage, aside from all the toughness buff. Here we have the voo’s juicer which feels like it would fit so nice in this setup and yet we cannot use it. Maybe in the future if they decide to give more options for toughness there is a chance that we can play with barber + voo’s juicer.

Oh and another important thing. In the next patch coming in a few days, they will make it so the phantasm rune will no longer benefit from pet bonuses, so items like mask of jeram or enforcer gem which amplify the pets damage will become irrelevant.

1 Like

Yea I’ve been reading about enforcers and MoJ irrelevant too, perhaps we can cube Aquila cuirass in the slot to replace MoJ and perhaps Barber in weapon cube while we use Voo’s as main weapon also for the SB 40-60%…

That’s one way to go. I haven’t tested it so it’s just theory but I think that frostburns (gloves) can be cubed too to get more damage. Also enforcer will probably be replaced with pain enhancer.

Wow the blood frenzy 3% increase at speed for each bleeding mob sounds sick lol.

Btw I rolled an ancient barber with +25k life per hit, would it be good for survivability coz SB hits like a machine gun and 25k life per hit would keep me full at all times, correct me if I’m wrong ?

Also it’s tough for 50 forgotten souls should per re-forge :frowning: I blew 2k souls in 20 mins…lol

Well general rule is that you want attack speed on the Barber or the harvester depending on what you wear so prioritize that. Also stay away from areas damage it doesn’t proc with this build so everywhere you have it, pick another stat. A popular steamer and one of the best players l know, said that an important breaking point for attack speed is 2.08. I have 1.86 but if I hit big bad voodoo it gets exactly to 2.08. I am not that knowledgeable about these things but just some info. If you really want life on hit see if you can get it on bracers cause in the barber I am afraid you have to sacrifice it for attack speed. Attack speed on weapons scales better than any other slot like gloves or rings so keep that in mind. However with pain enhancer you get so much attack speed anyways as long as you are standing next to many enemies so maybe it is an overkill. My weapon has intelligence, cooldown reduction and attack speed. And I have life on hit on bracers and on bracers and I am fine in that department.

Some say that you absolutely need life on hit, some others say that with around 1million hp they don’t really need it. Then again some say that you neither need life on hit nor 1milliom hp. Most of the time I find that the best optimisation is somewhere between all these variations and I try to mix things from different guides and players and see the results. Here, I felt that I needed to invest a couple of hundred paragons on vitality and get a life on hit on bracers and I do not regret it.

1 Like

Hmm…will it be wise to replace 10% damage on barber in exchange for Atk speed?

Also, what other gears are wise to roll life per bit besides bracer?

Life on hit can roll usually on helmet, weapon, rinfs, gloves. Here you cannot afford it everywhere. Only on bracers and maybe a ring but I think bracers alone is fine.

And as for the barber, do not do it yet. First play as it is, hopeful you ll soon find good gloves and rings with attack speed rolls and then you can decide. But these small details should not bother you for now. They make a difference in the highest pushes.

Alright…my atk speed is 1.53 for now…

Is it better to roll life per hit on bracers or cold skills damage 20%?

That is low for this build but I am assuming that you don’t have good gear yet. Attack speed should definitely be on your gloves and rings. So make sure you find it there , and in paragon of course. For example I would try to gamble only for gloves in kadala untill I find something which has attack speed critical chance and damage and hopefully with high rolls and ancient so I can augment it.

Bracers should be cold damage , intelligence, critical chance then you can have vitality,armor or life per hit in the other slot. Vitality is what people replace with life on hit cause you can get some vitality from paragons