Multiboxing should be banned in D4

This wording is misleading. Let’s look at the quote in question.

“For Diablo III, multiboxing walks the strange line of being something we technically allow, but don’t officially support.”

Not that it is “explicitly allowed”. It walks a strange line according to Blizzards own words. Technically allowed not explicitly, and not supported.

The next quote states:

“In other words, you can have multiple accounts, and you can be online with all of them at one time. We don’t support multiboxing in Diablo III, however, and some software used to facilitate multiboxing may violate our policies, so do so at your own risk.”

They don’t support multiboxing or automation software and to do so at your own risk. Meaning you could be banned as it may violate their policies.

According to Blizzard, is multiboxing allowed in D3 in that quote?

Yes or no.

Technically but you may be banned for doing so.

I see this from both sides. I don’t think Decipher was insisting that Blizzard supports multiboxing because they’ve never stated this anywhere. However, they have also never said they explicitly allow it either. Technically allowed is not explicitly allowed. Explicitly allowed means they are perfectly OK with it and will not do anything about it. Technically allowed means they’re more neutral and cannot (at the time) do anything practical about it.

Not in the way you’re trying to insinuate. I think you’re misconstruing “technically” with “explicitly”. It’s the same difference as legal vs decriminalized.

Correct. Multibixing is allowed.

If one uses software to automate gameplay that is bannable.

Until late 2020, Blizzard’s rule was one key press means one action per account.

Technically.

In the same sentence they also say to do so at your own risk. So you could be banned.

Read tbat sentence again. It is some software people use in bannable. It is not multiboxing itself.

This is clear some software is bad but not others. Irrespective if one multiboxes without any software aid, multiboxing is allowed and not bannable.

This has not 100% been confirmed unless you can provide a link that is not 8 years old. When that comment was made, the AH still existed in the game.

Implicitly. Even being 8 years ago, you’re still confusing technically with explicitly.

I read it again. There’s no full stop after Diablo 3 it’s in the same sentence. You can’t disagree with the English language I’m afraid.

The way I read that is that they (at the time it was written) made it clear that they do not support multiboxing. This means they do not implement features for it or design to facilitate for it. In addition, they’re stating that software used to facilitate it could possibly get you banned. I wouldn’t interpret that as multiboxing itself will get you banned.

It is a compound, complex sentence. What is the subject of the “latter” sentence after “however”. It has its own subject and verb.

Fie engines have sirens and female cows have mammary glands.

In English, this compound sentence does not mean that fire engines have mammary glands.

But if you were to write

Fire engines have sirens and female cows have mammary glands, so don’t approach them. you would be applying the end of the sentence to both.

That is how this sentence is constructed.

Multiboxing is allowed and can not be banned if no software is used in D3. This has been stated in at least two Blue posts (and by different Blues: Vaneras and Grimiku).

If that Blue quote was not clear enough, the Blue explicitly stated later:

This is the definition of multiboxing which is one person having multiple accounts where all can be online at the same time.

Automation software is banned in D3.

In a different Blue post from someone else at Blizzard, they independently said multiboxing is allowed.
See:

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/blizzard-comments-on-diablo-3-multi-boxing#:~:text=Blizzard%20says%20Diablo%203%20Multi-Boxing%20is%20legal%2C%20if,3%20Multi-Boxing%20By%20Flux%20February%207%2C%202013%2018

It reads:
"there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use.

It is an issue if and when multiboxing automates gameplay, but as long as the player who is multiboxing is the legitimate account holder on all the involved accounts, and as long as all the characters being played are 100% under the player’s control without any kind of automation involved, then we are okay with it…"

The underline is mine.

Blizzard has posted on separate occasions that multiboxing is allowed in D3. Multiboxing is also allowed in WoW according to multiple Blizzard posts.

We have multiple distinct posts both in D3 and separately in WoW saying that multiboxing is allowed. Automation is not.

These posts are still irrelevant today as they are so many years old.

They did remove these posts from their official websites. There is no official statement from Blizzard that exists on a Blizzard website that says multiboxing is ok in Diablo today.

So it is on you to provide official links, as I have done in the 4th post, not old forum posts that have since been deleted and only exist on old fan forum websites.

Will you admit that Blizzard no longer have an official statement that say it’s ok to multibox in Diablo today on a Blizzard website that hasn’t been deleted by Blizzard?

To my knowledge, I have seen no official statement in the past few years relative to D3 by Blizzard about multiboxing.

I answered your question.

Please answer mine.

Was multiboxing in D3 officially allowed by Blizzard as evidenced by at least two Blue posts in the past? Automation is not allowed.

Is multiboxing banned in WoW or is it officially legal?

Has Blizzard banned multiboxing in any of their multiplayer games?

Again, the posts are very old and stated during a time when the game was not the same game it is now. Current views may differ but we need clarification. In the world of document control, documents should be reviewed at least every 2 years for validity and relevancy.

Case in point

There’s 2 types of multiboxing. And we need to get this straight.

Type 1:
You have 3 characters. Rob, Bob and Pop
You press K once, Rob, Bob and Pop, all casts the ability associated with K.
This is one keypress, multiple actions.
This is automation and is against EULA.

Type 2:
You have 3 characters. Rob, Bob and Pop
You press K once, Rob casts the ability associated with K.
You then press “switch active window” keybind
You press K once, Bob casts the ability associated with K.
You then press “switch active window” keybind
You press K once, Pop casts the ability associated with K.

This is one keypress, one action.
This is the allowed format of multiboxing.