Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

Why not… just “roll” for uniques, runes, gems and all the other obvious “rare” stuff tho ? :x

no perso loot but kinda fair for everyone… clickbots are kinda dead this way…

Yes, you are the only one and true scottsman. Behold HeatCrusher, the one who already used ice magic against a fire immune and is thereby the master of game mechanics and does not ever need to read any posts for the next 20 years.

2 Likes

preserved means not funny additional opt ins that could possibly mess with the game.

If you don’t like the game as it is just not play. Although i think you should give it a try.

I am happy with the product they are delivering and i plan to enjoy it as it is. As always meant to be.

I really hope that you will find enjoyment too.

See you on the 23th

1 Like

The burden is on you to provide how this will affect people that do not want to use the mode. It has yet to be illustrated. By all means try, though. Just suggesting the concept is meaningless if you don’t have anything to support it.

1 Like

lmao

This feels more like the dads standing on the sideline shouting at their kids:

“You have to run faster, when i was your age, i also ran fast once! It is the better mechanic!”
“You have to foul that guy, when i was your age, i fouled so often, i was the king of fouls. You need to be tougher.”
(it gets even more interesting when people from their generation tell you how they really used to play back in the days)

Soccerdads are the best. Now we have the Diablodads. Or even some Diablo-Non-dads.

What does that have to do with ploot?
Right. Nothing!

And if that were the case why would that be a problem?!
Again: if they play together, why do you have a problem with it.

Why would it change the meta?
You can already play a magic find barb in FFA.
What is the difference with ploot?

1 Like

The thing is that players want options. Even if there is not a 100% consensus on the alternate, optional loot system, I think most are open-minded and willing to accept a solution. I do not necessarily want a timed loot system, but guess what I am open-minded and not closed-minded. If that is the optional loot system that Blizzard wanted, I would be happy.

2 Likes

I already wrote about it several times and i really don’t want to repeat myself every two posts. you can look it yourself.
Also i dont have to provide nothing. In fact plooters need to convince us why its ok to share a realm with different loot options and will no be affected with realist reasoning.
And yet you failed to do that.

1 Like

And a relative disadvantage to those who would otherwise get more loot.
Hence not being better. On average it would be the same. FFA offers more risk/reward. Ploot offers less variance in loot acquisition but potentially slower runs (less loot and XP over time).

You literally stated earlier that Ploot would not increase the benefit of playing together.

Now you seem to argue that it would be better? Which is it?

Anyway, point is;
Ploot should not be better than FFA. It is not meant to be better.

No. Never.
You can find some crazy examples of people doing that in this thread however.

I asked you for a link. There are 364 and counting… posts in this thread.

But based on some quotes others made, it is quite clear he did not get it.

That just shows a distinct lack of understanding the topic he was trying to discuss.

2 Likes

But not one of your arguments has held up to any scrutiny. When an argument is debunked, you can’t just keep using it as if nothing happened.

1 Like

Yes. What battle? You were never under attack. We did not even strike in your direction.
We want a loot option to play ploot with other ploot people.

Nothing to fight about. Just preference.

3 Likes

MrLlameaSC stated that he only plays solo or with his group of friends, having a 5-10 second allocated personal loot option for public multiplayer games wouldn’t even affect him, so he is just a gatekeeper.

2 Likes

Blash is right. We are not the ones making demands. We are the ones suggesting an improvement and backing up why it is an improvement. If it never happens, that’s fine. D2 is amazing as is. But again, the implimentation of an optional ploot system would enhance the experience for a lot of players, and have no affect on anyone who prefers to stay away from it.

Being against something with such dynamics is completely irrational.

3 Likes

The difference is other players can follow you and compete for your loot currently which restricts that build to hanging out far behind and not competing for other loot that’s dropping on the front line. So basically the build gives away chances at other loot in order to pop corpses behind everyone else.

If you are not in range => zero loot for you

1 Like

What does that have to do with anything I just said?

Ploot barb = stand near everyone, pop all corpses. Get 1/8th of their loot and your 100% of your corpse popped loot.

Current game: If you are popping corpses near other players they have a chance to get your loot so it isn’t a meta build except for solo pit running.

Game changing effect: a swarm of item find barbs following 1-2 players doing the majority of the work.

Sharing one view for different reason is far from homogenous.
I am afraid your linguistical escapades have reached their peak.

A student trying to act like a lecturer. Adorable.
We all were there once. But most of us outgrow this petty stage.

Exactly. And i want ploot mode to help me find people who share my idea of collaboration.

Dont put words into my mouth. It is not helping your argument to base it on lies.

I would also imagine some things being hard for you. Still i keep these assumptions to myself, because it would be rather rude to post them here.
But it is a good indication of your character that you do not care these rules of ettiquette.

Nope, not everyone. But people who havent brought a single factual argument for ~300 pages usually are just trolls.

I congratulate you on that reflection. Let’s see how the system will turn out to be.
Even horses you do not own can be ridden well.

Doesn’t everyone hate wow right now because of rng. So you want rng loot. To have more rng allocation.

Its like you guys don’t learn your lessons. Ploot is garbage and with this much argument is safer to keep the game thr way it is.

I will be here for the next 6 months until the d3 crowd leave. No worries

What others choose to do for fun is none of my business, so why is it yours? It’s an option, stop trying to dictate how others should enjoy playing their own game by gatekeeping.

2 Likes