Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

That is so ridiculous - he obv knows what objective means bc he used it to represent someone evaluating something with no prior associations to the thing, only judging a thing based on the facts in front of them. This person wasnt being swayed by feelings because they had no feelings about this thing. That’s being objective. To get hung up on pairing it with opinion is so pedantic. Whenever we try to be objective we still express an opinion. Just as historians interpret events in the most objective ways possible.

To say this is proof Kuraharo doesnt know the meaning of objective is banal.

2 Likes

You are actively looking for people to argue with and getting ignored for the most part now your complaining when someone engages you in discussion?

You could always just shut the hell up lol

Is that you giving up? lol

I’ve been waiting my turn.

2 Likes

Well, you can tell now from many of the recent threads that some of these forum dwellers think they are the ones that “caused change” in the game.

No wonder they are so emotionally invested in the discussions. You’d think this is a place for discussion, but some folks just aren’t happy with that - which is why they try to dismiss anything a streamer says, even with over 6000 unique data points. Those 15 hearts from the same people over and over again on this forum sure are valuable to Blizzard.

Im just tired of people arguing petty details over bigger picture. What i said with writing 20 page contract that everything that is brought up are nitpicking that i could see coming before i submit post and that have no premise. I just cba writing 20 page post just to close all those holes so that ppl would have to argue the actual points instead of semantics. The response is what is expected when they cant argue the actual points they go derailing conversation.

Anxiousdaves responses are prime example

And comments like these: “That doesn’t sound very objective though. Nor true.”

1 Like

How can a opinion be false?
His/ her reasons may have no sources or ones that are simply false but then again.

If discussions were actually about topics and not end up in an exchange of personal insults then it would actually make sense to invest more time into discussing.

3 Likes

Yeh you should read this thread

And yes that is giving me up, i wouldnt bother typing what Axe typed for me. Anxiousdaves comment crossed the line of troll on my eyes already

ok fair enough :slight_smile:

Probably the smart play not a lot of point arguing here on the forum anyway.

You should - I posted in it, and that you didn’t know that shows you should have read it a bit more closely:

:slight_smile:

I’m also in there I expect :smiley:

Right I’m going don’t @ me anymore!

:+1:

I have already explained how it clearly is not true. Based on the entire history of gaming showing otherwise.
There was nothing objective about the statement. Not any truth.
Pointing at major problems in your claims is not ignoring your claims, it is exactly debating the validity of your claims.

1 Like

And I could respond by saying to the worst you tuber for D2 by saying hey why don’t you stick with the original version you love so much it has everything you want.

This guy is the worst he is welcome to his opinion but he’s wrong

Go present that sentence to someone detached from d2 and these conversations, you will find out its completely logically waterproof given the premise exists and since it is provided by the plooters own opinion it does. Right now its your bias and emotions talking.

An objective person could say the game is not fun for someone to begin with if they need an optional loot version to make it fun?

1 Like

Maybe because he is happy with D2R and got what was actually advertised?

2 Likes

No, it is not how anything works.
You can take any PvE only game, and the moment you add PvP to it, some people who did not enjoy it before, will enjoy it. Because the game added the ‘missing piece” they were looking for, to make the rest of the game come together.

Also, as always things are so black and white with some of you people.
Fun vs not fun.
Maybe it just makes it more fun for those players?

2 Likes

See the thing here is i completely get what your saying and agree, the premise was given though that ploot is needed option for some people to have fun and that is when this stand 100% true and logical.

“An objective person could say the game is not fun for someone to begin with if they need an optional loot version to make it fun?”

Its kinda like the matrix. The bot can only grab one item at a time. If it’s inventory is full of charms and what have you, it still has to open the cube, etc.

Is it significantly more efficient than I would be at the same task? Yes. Does it happen instantaneously? No. Therefore, if I have inventory space, I have a chance, because, unlike the bot… I don’t have to move it to the cube in inventory, etc.

Also, I’d say that for items = 1, the bot almost always wins unless there’s a ping issue.
For items = 2+, as the number of additional items increases, the chances of the bot getting all of the items decreases proportionately due to a number of factors, like not being able to click every item simultaneously, not having adequate inventory room, cube-in-inventory mechanics, and ping.

*for items that the bot would attempt to pick up. Obviously I do not mean garbage items.

Why would they not be capable of doing proper MF on their own? The game is as easy as it gets. Let alone in a party of 8.
Given that we are a very diverse crowd with plenty of different reasons for ploot, it is very much a overgeneralization to assume that “[all plooters] are not capable of doing proper MF on their own”.
You again did overlook the main reason: we are not asking for a strong mf mode, we are asking for a strong teamplay mode.

Fair. But if you read some of the replies here, it is also some people who are happily sitting in a bot-taxi who claim that the “good old FFA” is the only way to play.
So in both sides there seems to be a wide range of different skillsets and approaches to the game.

Yes, we do not need it, but we would like to have it.

That is evidently not true, because multiple people (including me) who are advocating for ploot are not leechers and are not complaining about not getting anything.

Yeah. But what would stop me as a melee character from waiving that high chance and instead play a game where i am not forced to click-spam the ground after every mob kill?
I consider that alot more enjoyable to play.

Yes, compared to everyone else.
But if you actually make more or less even segments and not ~16-24 and 25-99, then you would end up with a big majority of teenagers.

1 Like

So how would i find other plooters conveniently?
7 others, who are online, playing on the same level, the same difficulty, the same game mode (hc, sc, nl, l) and also willing to play 8pub.
Seems like you have a pretty huge friendslist. Mine is just 97 ppl in bnet. And i am pretty sure that there will never be a case where 7 ppl for a pub game are online at the same time.

What AnxiousDavid is pointing out is that the “best way to play a game” is for many the way they first learned to play.
That Dash guy obviously started playing MMOs with WoW, so his golden standard of hand-holding/not-hand-holding is the WoW one. Everything afterwards is by his standards inferior.
The funny thing is that to most people who actually played MMOs prior to WoW, it is just the same, just shifted one or two generation of games backwards. For them EQ, DAoC or whatever else is the gold standard and WoW had too much handholding.
If you ask someone who started playing in FF16, that person would most likely say that FF16 is the golden standard of how to guide a user.

The point is that to most unreflected users their original experience is the gold standard. That does not mean that it is correct. It simply shows that they never looked over the horizon and actually checked what was before and did not really care enough nor show the initiative to learn and appreciate another game afterwards.
If you know all the games, you would be able to say good and bad things about all of them. Simply saying “wow did no handholding, everything afterwards did it worse” is so bland and uninformed that it defeats itself.

Why? The same droprates are in a 8p FFA game. Economy is not collapsing over it. What do you think will ploot change about that?

Sorry, i cannot see your posts anymore.
Do not act like a troll and then complain about being ignored. Toughen up.

Some people need to dream for those who lack imagination.
It has always been like that.

There have been very prominent dreamers for that very reason.

I sincerly hope you got at least 1/8 and not 1/8th.

Why would you play ploot and not stick to FFA then?

Also, how do you know you get more than 1/8 of the drops? Did you count all items over the lifetime of you playing d2? How much more than 1/8 of the drops did you get?