Moved to another section

I moved the thread to the games sub-section.

1 Like

I can’t say that I’m interested, since I don’t often delve into survival games. But hopefully it’ll pique the interests of others.

Interesting, but I’m not into survival games unless considering a D3 GR 120+ is all about surviving to the end.

i.e. 120+ literally means somewhere between 120 - 150.
This fact is for some that don’t know what it means.

Avalon knows it for sure!

I guess it was the logical next popular genre they had to try.
Kinda interesting they are making a new IP. Quite uninterested in the genre however.
The genre also seems to run counter to modern Blizzards control freak game design. That alone might be interesting to follow.

Interesting, to a point, in it is both a pseudo-announcement and a de facto call to hire. I’d apply but the game, at least using the graphics presented, appear much too modern (I don’t want to play Scooby-Doo with Kids on Bicycles, let alone design anything for it.) That may be placeholders but it is an immediate turn off for me.

2 Likes

Should we point you to the off topic sub-forum? :wink:

1 Like

What? You don’t like playing a game for an hour only to lose you’re character to perma-death because you drank contaminated water. I’m shocked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your thread-spamming is out of control. Get a grip, dude. Go outside, take a walk, get some fresh air.

Some more info here:
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/blizzards-survival-game-has-been-in-development-for-almost-5-years/

Blizzard's survival game will have been in development for five years

It looks like it’s going to be a survival MMO that is to be announced at next Blizzcon.

1 Like

Remember that you’ve got a time machine so can you go forward to a year after it’s released, find out exactly what it is, how much it costs (buy / sub) and what the reviews are like?

Hahahahaha, My Time Machine is broken atm and the shop says it will be in the near future if I have patience for parts to arrive.

Imagine if we all move to the survival MMO due to D4 being too casual. :man_facepalming:

What if most of us must upgrade entire pc to play it?

That I can imagine with D4.

Survival game might be fun.

Nothing seems to indicate it is an MMO

This made me laugh though. Just so fitting for a link coming from you :stuck_out_tongue:

Blizzard’s survival game could still be years away—the studio does have Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 on the way already—but then again, if Amai is really going to embrace the PC online survival genre, he ought to just release a busted alpha version of the game now, and then upgrade it to “beta” six years from now after it’s already sold 20 million copies, spawned a dozen new Twitch celebrities, and generated a cottage industry for YouTube crafting and home decorating guides. That’s the traditional way.

Blizzard should make a Soulslike instead of all these bad genres they have attempted (Dota, team fortress whatever, tcg, survival…). They pretty much only need a battle royal to have filled out the entire list.

Yeah, definitely.

A well made sandbox survival MMO might turn out more fun than a Diablo game. Although you’ll have less hack and slash there it will involve more planning. Interesting itemization and procedural drops can also be part of it.

Nothing besides the production time, the guy working on WoW and a company obsessed with online play.

I am open to bets it is an MMO game.