More than one wiz - Flame blades mirror image build

Gotta love threads like this where people think they know but they dont! Please educate yourselves before trying to give advice to other players haha.

Corn & Balbero is spot on! Just a friendly reminder

Giving advice vs being under false pretenses are two different things. Also, how does one educate themselves without failure? You’re basically saying I should have done a ton of research before saying 80% is 80%. On paper, it is exactly that. So expecting someone to say “2 + 2 is 4 BUT 2 + 2 is not 4.” is not intuitive.

Unlike Balbero, Corn’s first instinct is to give me the actual answer with their first response, while Balbero sit’s there saying, “You’re wrong. What a dumb dumb!” not in so many words of course. If you know something, don’t keep it a secret, while talking in idioms, to imply someone doesn’t know what they are talking about just to smear egg on their face.

Thats because he is the nice Guy, while I´m … mostly the really nasty One. :thinking:
Still.

I gave you more than enaugh Hints, so that you had more than enaugh Time to look it up for yourself.
That you rater choose some Harakiri over reading a few Artickel is not my Fault.

I understand that English isn’t your first language, but the same can be said about your grammar. Might be a “grammar ****” type of thing, but it is something I can point out to you that you don’t know how to do properly and aren’t looking into it. It’s the principle of the matter.

It’s fine that you can be nasty, if you wanna do that, you do you. I’m not going to listen to “hints” that sound nonsensical, especially since I don’t care enough to min/max this game. I do what I can, enjoy what I can, get as high as I feel I can, but I stop there. Once I have to start fishing, I get annoyed and stop trying to push.

Yeeea …

And after the 2´ed Post (mine) we where already in, that this Discusion would be centered around higher Grifts … 140-150 in 4´man

But still, instead of just asking why one Gem might be better, you already insisted that the other is always superior …
How long do we have the Gem´s ? Since 2015/6 ?
How long do we have differant Kinds of Math for Buffs ? Since Mai 2012 ?

So even if someone told you “Do your Homework one Theory Crafting” , you dont get suspicious ?
Or do you really think, you alone are smarter, than the Top-Players, who dedicated theyr whole Freetime to this Game ?

I mean its a simple answer to that one really. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, not just assume things in this game. Loads of stuff is tricky and not straight forward, especially gems/Skill & runes.
giving advice is all good just dont give advice youre not certain about and have made some background checks. for example knowing that taeguk & zei’s work on 2 different math tables as one is additive and the other is multiplicative.

You are right of course, it’s not intuitive. To the point that one wouldn’t even suspect that these two even might be different, to begin with.

Still, as a general guide, I can recommend this excellent article from Iria: What is Additive/Multiplicative Damage; A Modern DH’s Perspective. Although it primarily focuses on DH, it contains a lot of class-agnostic information and explanations of internal mechanics. Worth making yourself a bookmark, to be sure.

The is likely an error in the maxgg guide. Conflag actually doesn’t work with FB6 whatsoever, it never did (unless it was recently, and silently, fixed). FB 6 doesn’t even “see” the DEbuff because it’s on the mob and not increasing your own stats (buff). It will increase the chance your critically hit by 6% for Mirror Images, Disintegrate, EB, etc, but those are trivial sources of damage. You’ll also regenerate AP faster, if anyone actually cares about that.

You should have stayed with what you had. 

The only thing you’d need conflagrate is 4-grouped with a Necro pushing 150s. But two FB Wizards? Gonna get nothing from it.

How is Taeguk DIBS but not Simplicity’s Strength? SS buffs only Primary skills.

What are some good sources for “doing my homework?” Where are the top players discussing this theory crafting?

Most such discussions I’ve seen from web searches are people just guessing as to how things work based on something they’ve seen one time. I’d like to know reliable sources. A wizard is nothing without a reliable source.

Yeah because the average player gets a copy of the code, breaks it down, reads it and understands it. Then creates a carefully compiled and super complicated mathematic equation that only someone with a college degree in math can fully understand. After that, they expect anyone and everyone to look for it and if they don’t, well they are the fools for not looking into the game as hard as they did.

Sure, the hyperbole is above. Sorry dude, I’m not going to google every single aspect of this game. The fact that you expect anyone to do that rather then being nice and explaining it, keep that to yourself. If you need to invest that much time into this game, it’s all you got. I won’t take that from you, but don’t try to take from someone else because you don’t have more then what you have. Point is, I’m not going to read a book about a game that I play for fun for as long as it provides that to me. Just because YOU believe something, doesn’t make it correct.

As far as I understand, there seems to be no logic behind this. When wanting to max things, we just need to magically know this. Just like many other additive bonuses.

There has been numerous requests over the years to make also Taeguk multiplicative.

A good and easy way is to use the d3planner https://maxroll.gg/d3planner

Take a look at the skill damage and not at the sheet damage.

For more details you can hover over the skill damage or take a look at the right sidebar under the offense tab.
Hover over damage increased by skills or damage multiplier.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aqjXwO7_700bwp.webp

Be like Jerry
Catch smart, not hard

SS used to be DIBS that actually added every primary skill bonus to character details. It was changed to be multiplicative a long time ago in 2.4.1.

1 Like

i get what youre saying, my point is just to not try and give advice / correct people when you havent done your homework

You may care about this (A new hotfix to revert the nerf):

Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Now Live! - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

And still, nobody gives a damn about Conflag and it’s modest APoC gains. :stuck_out_tongue:

It really just depends on the group comp and the equipment of the DPS relative to the GR level and speed desired. Crit rating can have a lot of value, or little depending on those factors.

If one Wizard extremely out gears the other, it makes some amount of sense to ask the lesser Wizard to buff the other.

Think… Slow Time, Conflag, Frost Nova… big buffs!

Or just re-read this, it’s an error in maxroll.gg, as I explained before. The authors didn’t know exactly how FB mechanics worked. I do.

Specifically, how FB only uses your stats to scale the firebird DoT, but because Conflag is a debuff on the mob and not a buff on the casting “wizard”, FB doesn’t “see” it.

Stormcrow, also makes use of a passive skill, the same as Cain’s signature skills. Just to remind you, the random casting of spells like a fireball, are not arcane damage.

The idea of stealth, in magic deals with selection. Evocation, is detectable unless cast by a magic item, where as arcane spells rarely are.

Evocation is actually rare, because spells are cast quickly, from already knowing the location of spell components. Such as combat casting, used to reduce casting time.

Stormcrow, is a highly blessed spell caster, what they remember, plays a critical part in a celestial balance. Not a bad choice, Still arcane magic, has small risk of drawing unwanted attention.