More than one wiz - Flame blades mirror image build

I was in a group today where the higher lvl’d wiz had me switch one of my passives to conflagration. I decided to switch evocation. What is the point in doing that? Add more damage for the group? Should I have switched out another passive instead?

Thanks in advance.

Yes
You still need Evocation for CDR and Dmg

The “normal” Setup woul be
Evocation
Ele Exposure
Conflagration
Powerhungry

But. This Playstyle is only used for pusching the real high Grifts and it also means, that you had to use the Zeis instead of Taeguk.
Maybe your Fellow Wiz had seen something on a Twitch-Stream … But def. seems he forgot the explain, why you should take it.

It gives you (or mostly the Necro) a little Dmg Buff
But there are also as many Ppl who prefer to keep Galvanising Ward instead, to have a bit more Safty or they go for Glascanon to have even more Dmg.
Kepp also in Mind, that the Buff is Unique. So it doesnt stack with multiple Wizards using it.

To be precise, it’s a debuff that works on the target side. That’s why it does not stack when multiple wizards use it. It’s also the reason why it’s sought after in groups, since all players benefit from it. For solo play there might be better passives depending on your overall build structure and playstyle. As such - by no means should you replace Evocation as this one adds to a dps multiplier (Crimson set) and reduced the base cooldown of Mirror Images significantly and Explosive Blast. The shorter those cooldowns are, the better you can reset them with ORotZ.

Zei instead of teaguk…? No. It would replace enforcer. Taeguk is significantly better then zei’s by comparison if you’re using channeling skills.

Dude
What did I just wrote above ?

As sayed
This is only for high GR Groups
In Solo other Passives are way stronger.
There you want to have UW or GW

Maybe you would do this, but no one who is pushing the 150´s with theyr Group.
Instead of the Enforcer they use the Stricken to help with the Boss and single Elites

Even so, if you’re going to replace taeguk, it would be a singlular wizard, not both. No point in doing that anyway. The damage is the same, taeguk is more consistent and your zdps’ are already doing all the CC so it’s dumb to replace taeguk with zei’s.

Aha ?

So everyone in the 4 man Groups, who are pushing really high and are doing theyr Homework on Theory Crafting, are just dumb ?
:+1:

So you’re telling me that you believe 20-80% damage based on your distance from your enemy + stuns is better then 80% damage all the time and 20% armor, while all your zdps are ALREADY stunning/freezing etc is better? Tell me if that makes sense to you. It sounds like to me you found isolated incidences. In case you didn’t know, the more CC’s going out, the less effective they are. So if someone has strongarm bracers, it’s a lot less likely to work if they can’t be CC’d.

80% damage != 80% damage.

Taeguk is just additive damage. In DIBS category.

Zeis is multiplicative.

And as always ^^ Corn is faster than me :smiley:

If you wonder what he is talking about.
DIBS = Damage Increased by Skills

Additive

• Taeguk
  • Gem of Efficacious Toxin

Multiplicative

• Bane of the Trapped
  • Zeis Stone of Vengeance
  • Bane of the Stricken
  • Bane of the Powerful
  • Legacy of Dreams
  • Simplicity´s Strength
  • Enforcer

With this Zei´s get more out of other Buffs, like the DH´s Odysse , as the Taeguk could

Gotta love threads like this where people think they know but they dont! Please educate yourselves before trying to give advice to other players haha.

Corn & Balbero is spot on! Just a friendly reminder

Giving advice vs being under false pretenses are two different things. Also, how does one educate themselves without failure? You’re basically saying I should have done a ton of research before saying 80% is 80%. On paper, it is exactly that. So expecting someone to say “2 + 2 is 4 BUT 2 + 2 is not 4.” is not intuitive.

Unlike Balbero, Corn’s first instinct is to give me the actual answer with their first response, while Balbero sit’s there saying, “You’re wrong. What a dumb dumb!” not in so many words of course. If you know something, don’t keep it a secret, while talking in idioms, to imply someone doesn’t know what they are talking about just to smear egg on their face.

Thats because he is the nice Guy, while I´m … mostly the really nasty One. :thinking:
Still.

I gave you more than enaugh Hints, so that you had more than enaugh Time to look it up for yourself.
That you rater choose some Harakiri over reading a few Artickel is not my Fault.

I understand that English isn’t your first language, but the same can be said about your grammar. Might be a “grammar ****” type of thing, but it is something I can point out to you that you don’t know how to do properly and aren’t looking into it. It’s the principle of the matter.

It’s fine that you can be nasty, if you wanna do that, you do you. I’m not going to listen to “hints” that sound nonsensical, especially since I don’t care enough to min/max this game. I do what I can, enjoy what I can, get as high as I feel I can, but I stop there. Once I have to start fishing, I get annoyed and stop trying to push.

Yeeea …

And after the 2´ed Post (mine) we where already in, that this Discusion would be centered around higher Grifts … 140-150 in 4´man

But still, instead of just asking why one Gem might be better, you already insisted that the other is always superior …
How long do we have the Gem´s ? Since 2015/6 ?
How long do we have differant Kinds of Math for Buffs ? Since Mai 2012 ?

So even if someone told you “Do your Homework one Theory Crafting” , you dont get suspicious ?
Or do you really think, you alone are smarter, than the Top-Players, who dedicated theyr whole Freetime to this Game ?

I mean its a simple answer to that one really. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, not just assume things in this game. Loads of stuff is tricky and not straight forward, especially gems/Skill & runes.
giving advice is all good just dont give advice youre not certain about and have made some background checks. for example knowing that taeguk & zei’s work on 2 different math tables as one is additive and the other is multiplicative.

You are right of course, it’s not intuitive. To the point that one wouldn’t even suspect that these two even might be different, to begin with.

Still, as a general guide, I can recommend this excellent article from Iria: What is Additive/Multiplicative Damage; A Modern DH’s Perspective. Although it primarily focuses on DH, it contains a lot of class-agnostic information and explanations of internal mechanics. Worth making yourself a bookmark, to be sure.

The is likely an error in the maxgg guide. Conflag actually doesn’t work with FB6 whatsoever, it never did (unless it was recently, and silently, fixed). FB 6 doesn’t even “see” the DEbuff because it’s on the mob and not increasing your own stats (buff). It will increase the chance your critically hit by 6% for Mirror Images, Disintegrate, EB, etc, but those are trivial sources of damage. You’ll also regenerate AP faster, if anyone actually cares about that.

You should have stayed with what you had. 

The only thing you’d need conflagrate is 4-grouped with a Necro pushing 150s. But two FB Wizards? Gonna get nothing from it.

How is Taeguk DIBS but not Simplicity’s Strength? SS buffs only Primary skills.

What are some good sources for “doing my homework?” Where are the top players discussing this theory crafting?

Most such discussions I’ve seen from web searches are people just guessing as to how things work based on something they’ve seen one time. I’d like to know reliable sources. A wizard is nothing without a reliable source.

Yeah because the average player gets a copy of the code, breaks it down, reads it and understands it. Then creates a carefully compiled and super complicated mathematic equation that only someone with a college degree in math can fully understand. After that, they expect anyone and everyone to look for it and if they don’t, well they are the fools for not looking into the game as hard as they did.

Sure, the hyperbole is above. Sorry dude, I’m not going to google every single aspect of this game. The fact that you expect anyone to do that rather then being nice and explaining it, keep that to yourself. If you need to invest that much time into this game, it’s all you got. I won’t take that from you, but don’t try to take from someone else because you don’t have more then what you have. Point is, I’m not going to read a book about a game that I play for fun for as long as it provides that to me. Just because YOU believe something, doesn’t make it correct.