More hyped about S22 than S21

I think they will be a lot of SET tuning, but no new items/affixes

I think you’re probably right, I strongly doubt we’ll see anything of that scope. A tune-up to some existing legendary items that need a bit of love wouldn’t go astray though.

Let’s not forget the code-word here…

To Blizzard, “Balance” translates to “Find out what works and remove a keystone item so that it never gets played again.”

4 Likes

I’m definetly hyped as well. Honestly hate that it took this long but glad to see blizzard and D3 devs are still looking to keep D3 alive with the next season’s (S22) overall balance patch. Glad to see that they have plans to look into numerous class sets/items for better balancing. All those underperforming sets/builds may have a chance to participate/contribute in higher GR levels in Solo and Groups! Very exciting.

1 Like

When did they said that their focus on balancing sets for the next season? Is it an old post?

PezRadar mentioned it here:

2 Likes

My guess is that years ago they reduced the damage of a lot of skills because they got tired of all the “OP” cries for nerfs. So they nerfed them all to shut people up and then brought back the power by adding additional items. Wyatt had an interview where he explained this strategy of just adding more support items to adjust the power of skills. Of course subsequently, what happened is that they went into maintenance mode and could no longer make enough items to restore the power of the unused skills.

They may try an across the board re-balancing of the skills, in which case you may wannt to keep the sets at about the same level to prevent outliers.

Thank you. I must have missed the last line. Lol

1 Like

Nice, I called that one right. I wouldn’t expect many item changes, though, just sets. They don’t want to break LoN. But this is just a guess. I don’t expect much these days; most patches don’t even get the minimum on balancing. Or didn’t.

Exactly, there’s nothing to be excited about or look forward to when the B-word is front and center of a patch. Nerfs and more nerfs and more nerfs.

Where is the chart guy when we need him? Damn…

I am looking forward to it. Season 22 will be the most balance season ever

1 Like

S22 rebalancing set can be read in 2 ways.

1. buff weaker sets
  2. nerf good sets to oblivion (as with spirit barrage)

I see your point, but as a DH fan, I am very hyped for season 21 (not to mention that it starts in one week, while season 22 will only start in more than 3 months :wink: )

Me too, I will play as DH in s21

I’m totally with you here, season 21 will give me time to play the different sets and think about what I’d like on rebalances for sets. I will probably spend more time on forums than in game tbh

I’d be totally fine if they said they were committing to a COMPLETE rebalance over three seasons, prioritizing the worst sets first, then slowly adding new items and adjusting old ones to get a final balance calibrated, and more than this to make the gameplay genuinely NEW or at least fresh

totally agree here, and it seems the most practical way that such a thing would be handled

Rather than hoping a season is more enduring to a particular class, why not try other classes that are new to you?

IMHO I think we have way too much attention paid to select class/builds then buffing a lot of the 35 sets that are never played a lot on the leaderboards. A lot of those could be tweaked. But in the same order there are builds over used here that are constantly stronger than the rest, hence a lot of them should see some small nerfs. In the end I want to see weapons that are usually cast aside either reworked or aligned to a particular build like the God DH set has happening with 2.6.9 patch.
So much in this game is useless, including sets, change it up.

I think ODYSSEY’S END will receive a nerf next patch. It will be changed from all sources to you only.

I used to feel really sensitive and generally pessimistic over the direction of Diablo 3. However, once I allowed the realization of money, business priorities, and the fact that there is more to life than my precious everything … that I just cant stress over this anymore.

My perspective and how i cope with this is something of the following:

1. this game is in maintenance
  2. in maintenance we still get new sets and updates
  3. the above two, and that its happening concurrently, is actually good!
  4. the uproar of fans, i hope and believe, is sending shocks to HQ to take this more seriously. Sure we dont gross the most money but damn do we make noise. it’s kinda like being a nurse. haha nevermind.

I wouldn’t put too much hope or hype for S22. I have observed Blizzard and D3 for years. They do not have a track record to do a thorough balancing across items and skills and runes. They are just doing very minimal adjustment not to break things but lack the courage to revamp and innovate.

I have seen many arpg that can do better than D3 when it comes to item and skill balancing, introducing new items and skills - though not always perfect but they have tried. Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, even indie games such as Chronicon. Blizzard is known for being very conservative and try to please the majority. This lack of courage of course backfires ended up upsetting the majority. In the end, what’s there to lose? Do we still have a massive D3 player base? I think not.

2 Likes