More Character Fan Edits

Edit: I added a Necro edit due to request de-aging him about 10-15 years. Not sure which one I would prefer as I think the original is great.
*Edit 2: I redesigned the Sorceress again as well.
**Edit 3: I redesigned the Paladin again as well, as well.

***Edit 4: I made a new post with a big table of multiple edits. Check it out and let me know what your favorite edit for what character is:
*** MORE Char Edits! ***

Animated Gif Comparisons - https://imgur.com/a/I7TVaWk

Side by Side Comparisons - https://imgur.com/a/KgHJlg7

First off, VV is doing a great job and the artists who made the characters are way more talented than I will ever be. Photomanipulating an image is no where near as hard as 3D-modelling a full character from scratch.
That said, I tried to make them a bit more how I remembered them from D2. For the record I am fine playing with the characters as they are, and I think it’s a small factor in how amazing D2:R is looking. I have no problem with the assassin being Asian, this is just closer to how I envisioned her from all previous artwork.

73 Likes

I agree with all except the Druid.

Dudes gotta keep the flow

13 Likes

wow yes! these edits look great. im on board. this just goes to show you dont have to make huge changes to make them look right.

7 Likes

Only Amazon and Sin are so so. Pala’s corrected haircut is not bad too.
Without red shade in hair Sorceress lost her charm by the way.
I think edits are in the right direction but not enough overall. Amazon’s edit is the best one and looks more complete than others. Druid looks even worse with such face.

4 Likes

Nice work, good idea man! Love the assassin and amazon. The sorc and paladin look like younger versions, which is right on, I guess, but I dont mind their D2R looks. Only one I can’t agree with is druid, love his long hair!

But awesome job.

9 Likes

Looks good but paladin and druid looked great as they are, on the druid think he looses the of the “at one with the wilds” with the metro croped hair and and trimed down goatee. The females if anything look a little too madeup,refined? though probably what a lot of people wanted a split beteen the D2R evnisioned and yours would probably be spot on.

2 Likes

i would pay extra just to have these character models very nice work you did here!
i think necro is too goth and not as old as he is in original hope they change this but the druid ponytail is a must and a trademark for the class
praise blizzard for d2 remaster the time has come… cheers!

4 Likes

Oof, that gif comparison on the amazon shows how bad it really is currently. They really need to fix that face. The fixed version in the gif looks pretty good imo.

11 Likes

Im actually fine with the assassin model, but the druid and the amazon should get some rework. the druid needs the ponytail. The amazon well… you know lol.

2 Likes

This Amazon is so much better! I like the Assassin too.

6 Likes

Good job!

I think the Assassin would seem more realistic with less makeup, but she’s great the way you did.

TBH most of the changes you made are minuscule, and keep in mind, this will mostly just affect the character select screen -you will still not really be able to see the character faces when playing the game

2 Likes

Can you do one for the necromancer?

I personally think he needs to look 40 instead of the 60 year old he looks like now

i dont think age is the problem with the necro, its in his eyes imo or the middle of his face is off somehow, the necro in d2 is atleast 60-75

1 Like

well perhaps I am wrong and I definitely respect your work and opinion but I feel like the necromancer is younger. He’s one of my all time favorite classes and in my opinion his voice makes him sound a lot younger. Even the original necromancer doesn’t look as old I believe

after looking into any available information I could find it is suspected that Xul in Diablo 2 is most likely 35-50 years old. I don’t know if this changes anything, your art is good and I personally would love to see a younger necromancer look. But I get that it must take a long time editing and so you definitely don’t have to. I just thought maybe you would want to know my thoughts

1 Like

i’m not the artist @May13 is but necromancer was the very first character i ever played in diablo 2 because of how badass he looked. i honestly couldnt remember what he sounded like so i just looked it up and your right the voice actor is very young

2 Likes

Well I appreciate the post nonetheless, the other character models look great even though I support a longer haired druid

Diablo I and II were always meant to look super gritty and realistic. Why does every character have to look like some Hollywood plastic surgery nightmare?

I actually like the fact that they made the characters a lot more natural looking… If you were battle hardened enough to take on hordes of demons I doubt you’d look too pretty either…

That being said, the Amazon could be a little less mannish… She does look pretty brutal and the fix for her face is welcome. The Assassin really looks fugly when you compare her face to the new model that looks way too delicate… somewhere in the middle please… she looks like Michael Jackson on the new model and a troll on the OG version.

The Druid is some dude who lives in the woods, he should have a dirty mullet and disheveled facial hair… that stupid 90’s thin strip goatee is dumb… OG all the way.

For the most part all you did was de-age some of the characters like Paladin and Sorceress… and gave the Paladin a buzzcut instead of leaving his nappy hair… which I think gives him some flavor… the buzz job, meh… boring…OG for him, the Sorceress I could care less about, I think she looks fine.

The OG Barb is fine as well… Putting cartoon muscles on a natural body like that just goes to show how out to lunch the animator is… this isn’t a GD cartoon and the dude doesn’t have access to gym equipment to target those specific muscles… he’s a natural warrior… don’t give him moobs and puffed out bi and tri-ceps.

2 Likes

dont hate on a mans art go play d4 if u want politically correct characters what have you done to help the game? the idea is 1:1 exactly as it was not as you think it should be

9 Likes