More Akara resets, but at a cost

On BNET he/she can. That’s really changing THE fundamental difference to a lot of other ARPGs.

D2 is like that for a long time now. This is D2. Hence, it will ofc not be removed.

1 Like

you always can up another one character and give him your equip from new stash, i didnt see any problem of that.

Absolutely NO how is 3 not already enough ?? + you can get more from doing runs.

If anything please REMOVE respec from this game, it was not a feature created by blizzard north…

1 Like

Respec should be removed completely. 3 are way too much :confused: . You can just start a new character if you don’t like your current skills. Going through normal/nm again does not take a whole lot of time.

3 Likes

Tokens are in the game /thread. Just another example of people not knowing the game as it is right now but posting anyway.

2 Likes

As you can see, 3 was already the happy median between a bunch and none. A smarter way to address bad choices is a introduction mode or video that you can click to tell you the basics if you choose to do it. Idk how you think 4 fk ups isnt enough lol thats 4 times you gotta mess up the 3 resets dont even count the first time. Doesnt take a long time to level another character up specially if its just normal. The reason for no respecs or limited is to make the class builds matter more and motivation to have other characters. Then they even have tokens. It is plenty.

Give us only 1 Akara Reset and make tokens MUCH more rare.

2 Likes

They should just do what Titan Quest did to ARPGs, make an NPC (an existing one like Akara) the Seer/Spiritual Guide who can reset skill points in return for gold. It has been a staple for ARPGs, and even with the synergy system, I feel it will be necessary. 3 resets per character are hardly enough. Plus would be better if you could just re-spec certain skills, not all at once.

1 Like

It’s not 3 per character. It’s unlimited per character, farm tokens and respec whatever you want. It’s not hard to get a token, tokens will be traded for like ~10-ish perfect gems, if you’re having problems killing hell diablo\baal.

Modern games are designed to hold players’ hands and feed them with a silver spoon. I’m against changes like these, but I understand where it is coming from.

It might be enough to allow numerous respecs while the character is in Normal, so players can experiment with different skills and make mistakes, but it shouldn’t be allowed in Nightmare or Hell.

just stop please… just stop

3 Respecs is perfect IMO, it’s more than you need for a solo run from normal thru hell if you know what you are doing, and gives a good chance if you don’t. If you ruin your character then that’s on you, learn from your mistakes and try again, get better, learn more.

Current diablo 2 allows unlimited respecs, you can’t “ruin” your character.

If you are playing single player and you can’t make it out of act1 hell, you’ve used all your respecs from den, and your character isn’t going to improve by gear you can find in nightmare or gaining a few levels, then it’s pretty ruined.

But like i said, to me, 3 is perfect. They should do away with the tokens.

The game’s been out for 20 years, why not just go look up a guide for a build?

You get 3 free respecs from each difficulty, and I think that’s more than enough. Stop asking for them to hold your hand. Go farm tokens or start over, there needs to be a punishment for people making mistakes. How badly did D3 spoil you?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I guess you’re right. Haven’t considered a single player concern, sometimes I forget it even exists =)

I agree on what most are commenting here.
This is not D3 where you can just respec whenever you want.

Also, in D2 it’s actual quite fun creating new characters and level them up and trying things out. Since all is rnd it’s not like you just run the same paths etc.

2 Likes

It may be possible to add another way to activate more resets without affecting end game too much:
Make it available for gold, but have the cost go up geometrically with clvl, and maybe so that cost would exceed max gold (around clvl 70-80 or so, when players should be able to get essences anyway) so the option goes away.
Maybe have the price also go up after each use to set another limit.

Welcome to the forums, Kiwaiti.

I think the general consensus of those who have posted in this thread are against the idea of adding more ways to respec your character… On top of the three free respecs, we already have the ability to respec infinitely as long as we do the work to create a Token of Absolution. That is enough.

Also, I know this is the Diablo 2 “Resurrected” forum, but please try to avoid resurrecting/necroing threads that have been inactive for a long period of time. (4 months later)

Cheers.

3 Likes