(Monk) Stuck on S24 Destroyer of Rifts Achievement

As the title says, I am stuck on the Destroyer of Rifts achievement which requires you to complete a Torment X rift in under 6 minutes. I timed it and I took slightly under 8 minutes on my last attempt. Maybe I got a bad map setup but I’m trying to think of what needs to be done aside from luckier map layouts to close the gap. Are my gem levels/paragon just too low to complete the achievement at this point or is there something really wrong in my build and I am at a point where I should have already beaten it?

Build:

You should focus on an Uliana build if using the Uliana set. You don’t have Gungdo Gear too spread your EP’s, no Lion’s Claw, Flow of Eternity and Fist of Az’Turasq which are the ideal Uliana weapon powers and your set is doing nothing to buff the Tempest Rush that Balance and your ethereal is buffing. Your build is basically doing 2 different things but neither of them very well.

This is great feedback, thank you. My plan going into the season was to build a conventional Uliana build once I earned the set, and then work towards Inna’s which seems to be the top tier monk set right now. However, shortly after hitting 70 I got this Tempest Rush Ethereal which kind of threw a wrench in my plans because I’m (maybe wrongly) assuming I should be using this weapon at all times and therefore using Tempest rush, but I don’t yet have a complete set which fully compliments it (Patterns of Justice seems like the best set for my Ethereal) so I’m trying to strike a balance between catering to the Ethereal, and taking advantage of the set effects of Uliana as even though it doesn’t compliment my Ethereal, it seems to be the best set I have right now. From what you’re saying it sounds like I need to complete Patterns of Justice and focus the entire build towards my tempest rush before I can clear this achievement.

1 Like

I just have to mention that this season journey task doesn’t have to be done solo so you could just join some public rift groups and you’ll get it done incidentally when an open map happens and everyone splits up.

Also, be sure to teleport back to town as soon as you beat the rift boss and close the rift. The timer keeps going until you do. It doesn’t stop at the rift boss.

2 Likes

Why don’t you just use the inna set and mystics.

With water mystics, the boots , the free cyclone using tempest rush +1200% to TR and 600% to water mystics that freeze everything. When doing a low rift as X you might want to cube the axe that reduces CD by 1 second on kills because they kill to quick to really utilize occulus ring.

With this setup and occulus I cleare GR90 with 0 ancient except a season weapon.
So clear Torment X in under 5 you don’t even need a perfect map, and you don’t really need to hit much just dash around. Easy.

I can’t speak for other sets but this set at para 500 my 4 year old girl could clear a torment x in under 5 minutes.