Monk Paragon Increase vs enemies' progress?

As we increase our paragon progress so do enemies also increase with more toughness and more damage. It seems to me that the ratio is skewed to benefit the enemies more in the case of the monk. Other classes do not seem to have this imbalance as they steadily manage fighting tougher enemies. with the monk it appears to go in reverse … ie: the stronger you get the less you progress.

Can confirm this is completely untrue.

Monks, if anything have an advantage as they are a melee class which receive an innate 30% DR over ranged classes.

Monks are just generally weaker in solo play compared to most other classes.

AFAIK, enemies do not scale with Paragon. After you reach 70, enemies only scale with the difficulty you select.

ty for your replies it must be that monks are generally weaker in solo as jay observed. so to level gems we are forced to go with another class or to create a Zmonk, which the majority of my die hard monk friends is not a choice they subscribe to,

I mean, it really depends on what you’re trying to accomplish, and what (if anything) you are willing to sacrifice in order to achieve that goal.

If you don’t mind turning Monk into a ranged Wave of Light spammer, they’re perfectly “viable” for GR pushing, just not AS viable as a Wizard or a Necro. And by “not as viable” I mean a difference of around 10 to 20 GR levels.

So take a wizard and a monk at roughly equal paragon and gear and player skill, right? The Monk might struggle with GR80 while the wizard starts struggling at GR100. Now, depending on what you’re trying to do, being gated at GR80 might still be viable (if you’re just trying to level up a bunch of gems past 25), OR it might be totes unacceptable (if you’re trying to push Leaderboards). See my point?

It’s much more about what your goals are. I personally find monks to be fine, but I’m not pushing Leaderboards and I don’t care about GR’s past 70. Objectively, they are “weaker” than the top-tier classes but that objectivity is measured by goals you might not even care about.

My goal in playing Diablo is strictly for fun and finding drops. i used to enjoy comparing my lb progress but that has been hijacked by hud users, exploiters and bots.

And yes I am aware of the powerful wol build but after 2 years of that and the ltk a year before that, I was looking for a change. All is good, my monk brings me a lot of gaming enjoyment.