Monk Justice Set rarely proc's larger sweeping wind

Well, given that one of them gives a spirit regen buff and another increases the size of SW, it’s just easier to get all of the runes. We can pick the element we want then.

I decided to NOT dual wield… I had an ancient General Quang which I equipped, rolled spirit regen on it and took off IAS from paragons.

Sources of increased spirit regen:

• Mantra of Healing: Circular Breathing
  • SW: Inner Storm
  • Mystic Ally: Air Ally (with the 100 spirit top up as an option every 30 sec)
  • Epiphany: extra 20 spirit regen every 20-30 sec or so
  • Exalted Soul passive
  • Chant of Resonance Passive
  • close to 6 spirit regen from Diabo

Overall spirit regen is 28.86.

Spirit cost is 25 spirit * (1- 10% cost reduction) * 1.22 Attack speed = 27.45 spirit.

My spirit doesn’t drop as the numbers indicate.

I cubed Vengeful Wind and Eye of the Storm as well as RORG. Ran the 2 SWK pieces as many are also doing for the much needed DR.

IMHO, there needs to be a bracer piece to this set so we can squeeze on something like Aquila for more DR… or put on Mantle of Channeling. Relying on RORG and 2pc SW (which synergises with this set) is quite punishing as it effectively takes up 3 slots just for a DR.

Overall skills:

• Tempest Rush - Northern Breeze
  • Mystic Ally - AIr Ally
  • Epiphany - Desert Shroud
  • Mantra of Healing - Circular Breathing
  • SW
  • Breath of the Heaven: Blazing Wrath (figured some damage buffs were needed)
  • Momentum, Beacon of Ytar, Exalted Soul, Chant of Resonance passives

The build is severely lacking sufficient damage reduction as I was getting owned from spearmen on T16. Couldn’t kill a goblin for the life of me either.

4pc needs to increase movement speed, damage reduction and damage! And make it when you hit with SW… not when enemies are in it. Too hard to maintain.

Also hardly saw the SW size increase from the 6pc as others said… either make it that the size increases from attacks with SW or that channeling with TR will do this. I’d prefer the latter as it’ll be easier to keep up.

I honestly like the concept of the build but as others have said, it’s clunky and requires more consideration on the mechanics, damage reduction and damage department as it’s so glassy and underwhelming right now.

I’ve noticed. it’s hard to come by though. you literally have to run tempest rush STRAIGHT THREW a mob and you get it for a couple seconds. problem with that is that you’re so squishy you could possibly get killed in the process. . .

maybe instead all rune effect put in 2p:

2-Piece Bonus: Remove resource cost from Tempest Rush.

and increase the size of SW when we just use TR and low to norm when we stop use it without stupid “hitting over 30 times within a short period”

start TR = increase size of SW / stop TR = norm size of SW / rly ez

6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will increase the size of Sweeping Wind. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000%.

and add defense in 4p:

4-Piece Bonus: For each stack of Sweeping Wind your damage taken is reduced by 5%. Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times.

10 SW stacks = 50% reduce damage taken

and ofc lil rework for Daibo then include it in build:

Warstaff of General Quang - Tempest Rush gains the effect of the Tailwind rune and when it is active your Sweeping Wind deals ???% more damage.

I’m assuming you mean remove the resource cost from Tempest Rush?

I’d imagine most people will be using Kyoshiro’s Soul so will only need to incur the Sweeping Wind cost at the start of a GR or after death.

I’d be happy with all your other suggestions though… would be a world better than the clunky mess the set current is. The DR is actually 65%… 13 stacks now.

1 Like

no but u rly rly right! I seem to be already confused with all these properties affixes and bonuses :crazy_face:

anyway i steal think we need somethin better then all runes

Tested the new set with a Vengeful Wind and Kyoshiro’s Soul. I guess the kindest thing we can say about it is that it’s T13 viable.

EDIT: Tested @ Paragon 800

2pc: SW gains all runes.

Okay, this effect is useful on the surface, but…
Enemies damaged for 3 seconds are frozen for 2 seconds. CC is nice, but Caeser’s Memento is a TR damage item, not SW. What does this do for us?
Damage per stack (13 stacks cap) goes from 105% to 145% weapon damage. Can’t complain.
Radius increased from 10 yards to 14. (bugged? Seems only to work when manually selected.) Straight forward - when it works.
+8 spirit per second. Okay. Goes some way towards offsetting TR’s cost.
Spawns tornadoes that deal… 95% weapon damage. Total. Not per stack. Total. Needs buffing.

So of the 5 runes, two and a half are useful.

4pc: Each enemy within SW (14 yards) increases your MS by 5%, max 10 stacks. (50% total)

Just what. Enemies in Melee range increase your MS. To… run away from them? Run past/through them? It’s not a persistent effect afaict, so the moment they die or leave the 14 yard radius, you lose the MS. It doesn’t help you move between packs. Why is this a thing?

6pc: Attacking with TR will temporarily increase the radius of SW after hitting 30 times in a short period.
SW increased by 10,000%

These are separate effects, the increased damage doesn’t rely on the TR, so we can look at these separately.
10,000% damage. Yay! A placeholder number, most likely going to be fine tuned. Since basically all your damage in this build comes from SW, it’ll need a buff to fall into line with other sets.
Attacking with Tempest Rush will temporarily increase the radius of Sweeping Wind, after accumulating 30 stacks… Sounds nice. TR doesn’t get a damage buff from this set, so it’s really just a mobility skill. You can run through enemies, and maybe proc an Ess of Johan. In practise, though, these ‘30 stacks’ have no indicator on the HUD, and seem to fall off far too quickly. In an hour of testing, I’ve had it proc… twice. Barely noticeable, as by the time I had the stacks, the enemies were basically dead anyway, and the extended range dropped a second later.

What this set doesn’t give you: DR, RCR, CDR, AS, the ability to run unhindered through enemies (though TR does), or Damage to anything BUT Sweeping Winds.

I quickly found myself using a RRoG and 2pc Sunwuko for DR, a Mantle of Channeling and Taeguk for damage (and extra DR on the Mantle), and rerolling for RCR on everything to keep Tempest Rush’s cost reasonable.
And running Epiphany - Desert Shroud for DR and more spirit. TR is a thirsty spender.

Possible options: Drop the Sunwuko, drop the TR, switch to an Aquila Cuirass, Spirit Guards and a Gen build. Likely Istvans.
Frostburn or Magefist, since SW has cold and fire runes.
TR Bluster Rune, Strongarm Bracers?

Recommendations: Go back to the drawing board, fix the 4 and 6 piece bonuses. For the 4pc, DR instead/as well as MS? Maybe a Cost Reduction on TR? Allow it to persist for a few seconds after the enemy leave the SW? For the 6 piece… Maybe the size could ramp up from the first stack? Or as TR is channeled, like with the Mantle and Taeguk?

Actually, I like that idea. Instead of stacking on Enemies Hit, stack as TR is channeled. Something like:

Channeling Tempest Rush will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind. Max 10 stacks.

Which would extend the range of SW from 14 yards to say 24, ramping up the longer TR is channeled.

2 Likes

the set as it is has only two parts of changing to good: bring tr dmg and dmg red to it (and then better also give any rune of tr) or redesign to a set which gives a huge buff to two handed builds in all (such that tr and wol can be played as they were designed: as two hand build). see also my thread with more ideas on whole monk concept Monk and what we really need - #4 by Atomfurz-2393

What exactly makes you guys think the radius increase rune isn’t working? I’m seeing this over and over…

It’s super easy to verify.

1. Activate Sweeping Wind (with belt equipped to ensure 3 stacks without having to be in combat)
  2. Equip and unequip the set (specifically go from 0 or 1 pieces to 2+ and back)
  3. Watch as Sweeping Wind’s animation grows in size (or shrinks if you unequip).

The effect is subtle which is probably why everyone keeps saying it’s “bugged.” The difference is most obvious when using the cyclone rune but you can see the radius change on every rune but fire (because it already has it).

Also, this set just absolutely BEGS for Captain Crimson’s… The RCR for keeping tempest rush up. The CDR for keeping Epiphany up (for DR and spirit regen) and the damage/toughness increase from the 3 piece. This is made impossible by the slots being used by the set.

1. Eye of the Storm already shares a slot with the set, and must be worn for full benefit (the 30% lightning damage)
  2. Kyoshiro’s Soul shares a slot with Captain Crimson’s (this is almost always the slot used when being paired with other class sets). It also must be worn for the main benefit (the 125% Sweeping Wind skill increase)

If this set has any hope to be usable, it needs it’s slot changed so that it’s compatible with Captain Crimson’s. Either that or significant additions to the set bonuses (or both).

2 Likes

Have a look on the leaderboards. Take TR out of the mix, forget about the expanding wind.

The below link is one build of several. I did 80 immediately (T17) and immediately followed with 85 (T18)

So no, it is not T13. I believe one player did 95 straight away with it. The build itself is not bad, the mechanics need tweaking.

http://prntscr.com/plejwv

Not an option. This kills the 2 strongest and most popular solo Monk builds. I think A LOT of Monks would mind.

Just change it to increases all damage by 200% to enemies effected and buff more builds at once.

It’s not like Monks would suddenly be overpowered with it. They are arguably the weakest solo class as of 2.6.7.

Considering I can literally clear an 85 using a completely new, unenchanted (except helm for socket), and without ANY legendary gems using Sunwuko’s at 2k Paragon in 6 minutes, that’s really not saying anything (800k sheet damage).

The new set is just really really bad. The damage isn’t there, survivability isn’t there. The interesting parts of it (movement speed and SW enlargement) fall off way too quickly. There’s just nothing good about it.

This is about the NEW set - Then why did he bother saying the NEW set, which is the point, only good for T13? All you are doing is saying exactly the same thing. I am assuming you read the post I replied to?
If you did, then you are stating the obvious. I also know someone who did 90 straight away with the NEW set, not an old one - it is PTR.
Did you do the same with the new set? - Make the same statement with a link when you do.

BTW - I am under 2K.

EDIT:
If you are looking at the PTR leaderboards, the monk on it is last season’s LoD PTR tests. They have not cleared the LB’s.

I think you missed my point. It’s not that your statement that people are clearing 90s is incorrect, but that it’s nothing to write home about. I was trying to show just how bad the new set is by comparison by using a completely gimped setup.

Highest clear I can find with the set on the leaderboard is a 101 in 14:54, and that’s at a massive 5.3k paragon. I suppose there could be higher since, as you said, the leaderboards haven’t been reset but I seriously doubt it. The damage and survivability just aren’t there. Which makes me sad, because I love sweeping wind.

I hear you now, apologies if we were misunderstanding each other. I do agree it is underpowered. 5K can’t clear above 101 ? yes, that’s a pretty good indicator.
It’s mismatched a little. The TR idea is good, but it is more powerful without it and does not run out of spirit quickly. The idea is not bad, but they should have done all runes of TR, then the ring that everyone complained about would be up more often…or something different. LTK has fallen a bit behind the wayside too, it could do with a little love. WoL has almost become the default go-to for every monk, unfortunately.

It’s early days - I guess we see what happens next.

Top builds in order for Monk are:
1 Wave of Light Build with Legacy of Dream
2 Crippling Wave Build with Raiment and Shenlong Set
3 Support Build with Inna’s Mantra Set
4 Wave of Light Build with Sunwuko or Inna Sets
5 Lashing Tail Kick Build with Legacy of Dreams
6 Seven-Sided Strike Build with Uliana’s Stratagem Set
7 Lashing Tail Kick Build with Sunwuko Set
8 Tempest Rush Build with Sunwuko Set
9 Exploding Palm and Mystic Ally Build with Inna’s Mantra Set

Only in #9 is bindings of the lesser gods used

1 Like

It is also used for Inna/WoL and LoD/WoL.

R6/Shenlong only takes over WoL once you have a ton (6k+) of paragon.

Support builds don’t work solo, which is what I’m reffering to, so even with your list it’s required for 2 of 4 of the top solo builds.

I like the idea of making them more universal, but keeping them restricted doesn’t help imo.

If they buffed all the Monk’s damage, rather than just SW or, as they do now, pet/clone damage, it could open them up to other builds as well as accomplishing what you would like from them.

Just a thought…

1 Like

I figure you meant to include Uliana’s in there somewhere? While this is PTR and the leaderboards in PTR to be clear, are OLD, they contain builds from last season’s PTR,
Here are the current leaderboards (I just checked).

Only Monks: In top place in EU season at present at 125 is a LoD set with BotLG, in HC season the same at 121.
In Asia The top build in normal at 133 is your #2, in seasonal at 128 is Uliana’s SSS, in HC seasonal at 115 is LoD set with BotLG.
In Americas seasonal at 131 yet again, is LoD set with BotLG. At 121 in seasonal HC is the same yet again with normal seasonal the same at 128…

Please check for yourself. It’s all balancing out which I believe is the intent.

If you check your #1 - it has bindings of the lesser gods - if this is what you mean? (BotLG)

give up on the sunwoku 2 piece. instead run the helm they gave us and run the mantle of channeling shoulders and hexing pants in the cube.

gives you half the defense, 25% more damage, and 25% more resources.
Im also currently using reapers wraps for wrist for extra resources.

Devs! how about bracers with new legaffix:

While both Sweeping Wind and Tempest Rush is active, your damage taken is reduced by 50% and your Tempest Rush repels projectiles back toward their shooter.

if you have no time to draw it, you can use icon from other bracers (for example Kethryes’ Splint)

1 Like

Spirit Stone, Shoulder, Pants…

You’re short a slot, even with RRoG and Cube.